Windows 10: why does windows 10 start playing videos on the startup screen without even being logged in yet

Discus and support why does windows 10 start playing videos on the startup screen without even being logged in yet in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; its super anoying, when i turn my pc on, and there was a browser still open from last time.... without entering the password to log in, the videos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JeroenVerbaarschot, Nov 10, 2018.

1. why does windows 10 start playing videos on the startup screen without even being logged in yet

its super anoying, when i turn my pc on, and there was a browser still open from last time.... without entering the password to log in, the videos already start playing.................................. what is this kind of nonsense? turning off autoplay in browser does not help?
    you can not even see the video yet, you only see the windows log in screen and hear the audio of the video when this happens.
    (let me guess why this happens; so that the videos generate more plays??, does microsoft has somekind of deal with youtube here?)

:)

JeroenVerbaarschot, Nov 10, 2018

2. Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Mohan B P Win User

why does windows 10 start playing videos on the startup screen without even being logged in yet

I can't get a video to stream to my lg smart tv in full screen , it's playing full screen on the pc no problem

Hi Steve,

To assist you better, I like to know; how exactly you are trying to stream video from your PC to LG Smart TV?

As an initial step, I suggest you to try updating the display adapter on your system.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button, and type Device Manager on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand Display Adapters.
    • Find and double-click Display Adapters from the left panel to update.
    • Right-click the device, and click Update.

As you are able to play the video full screen in your PC, then it might be an issue related to LG Smart TV. I suggest you to check for the LG Smart TV manual and check what all settings need to done to play video in full screen.

Kindly reply to us, with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

why does windows 10 start playing videos on the startup screen without even being logged in yet

1. why does windows 10 start playing videos on the startup screen without even being logged in yet - Similar Threads - why does start

2. why does my mac struggle to play videos in 1080p or even 720p in full screen but can play...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does my mac struggle to play videos in 1080p or even 720p in full screen but can play...: can someone help me with this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-mac-struggle-to-play-videos-in-1080p/b350aadc-4577-4342-9ba9-46df0be9565f
  3. Why does my screen pixelate while playing videos?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my screen pixelate while playing videos?: Hi there,I have had my HP Notebook 15ay for about 5 yrs now, and I never encountered this problem. Recently my screen has started pixelating in the midst of playing videos. I have tried installing all Windows updates and rechecking drivers but the issue still...
  4. Why does my screen pixelate while playing videos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my screen pixelate while playing videos?: Hi there,I have had my HP Notebook 15ay for about 5 yrs now, and I never encountered this problem. Recently my screen has started pixelating in the midst of playing videos. I have tried installing all Windows updates and rechecking drivers but the issue still...
  5. Why does my screen pixelate while playing videos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Why does Windows 10 play videos with a green tint?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Windows 10 play videos with a green tint?: [ATTACH] Please help I've been trying to fix this issue since I upgraded my pc in January. Green hue: https://preview.redd.it/5c6xa9pgpel61.png?width=1600&format=png&auto=webp&s=663a9c9025ada6f0477799f693b1ffd37a533bff submitted by /u/busterbxxx [link] [comments]...
  7. Log in screen does not appear on startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Log in screen does not appear on startup: I'm using Win 10, Ver 1903 on a 3 yr old HP Pavilion laptop. I had set password protection on startup and has worked fine for years but now it skips the sign in screen when I turn the laptop on. If laptop goes to sleep while not in use. it will ask for the password. This...
  8. Windows 10 Startup Log-In Screen still plays videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Startup Log-In Screen still plays videos: 2 Things have gotten on my nerves so much about this windows 10, and it's reached the point I ask for help. 1: I can shut my computer down entirely with 20 tabs open, have it off for days, return, and the 20 tabs open right back up. I don't like this feature. When I shut...
  9. Videos does not play in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Videos does not play in windows 10: Every thing was working fine few days back,all of a sudden no videos are playing in my laptop. but after i restart pc videos do play.so every time i shut down my pc i will have to restart my pc to play videos ,it is so annoying . any suggesions. 90959
  10. Starting without logging in

in Windows 10 Support
    Starting without logging in: Can anyone tell me where in my home computer is the possibility to enable Windows 10 to start without logging in. 15339