Windows 10: Why does Windows 10 STILL create duplicate accounts

Discus and support Why does Windows 10 STILL create duplicate accounts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why is this still an issue at this point? What asshattery makes windows 10 the only MS OS since 3.1 that causes you grief by creating duplicate... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Loki1944, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Loki1944 Win User

Why does Windows 10 STILL create duplicate accounts

Why is this still an issue at this point? What asshattery makes windows 10 the only MS OS since 3.1 that causes you grief by creating duplicate accounts if you disable password login? Seriously WHY.

:)

Loki1944, Dec 4, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Why does Windows 10 STILL create duplicate accounts :(

Zakin, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Why does Windows 10 STILL create duplicate accounts

Duplicate user accounts created on log-in screen in Windows 10

Hi Suprith,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the your concern about duplicate account created on sign-in screen on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to log-in through all the user accounts on sign-in screen?

Try the below troubleshooting steps to delete the Microsoft account and check if it helps.

• Login with Microsoft administrator account.
    • Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on User accounts, click on
      Manager another account
    • The window with all the user accounts will pop-up.
    • Select the user account you want to delete, click on
      Delete the account.
    • If User Account Control pops-up, enter your administrator account's password and click
      Ok.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Why does Windows 10 STILL create duplicate accounts

1. Why does Windows 10 STILL create duplicate accounts - Similar Threads - Why does STILL

2. Creating a duplicate local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a duplicate local account: I am wanting to create a duplicate local user account in Windows 11 so that settings such as how the taskbar and start menu are set up, notifications settings, etc. move over. How can I do this?...
  3. Creating a duplicate local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a duplicate local account: I am wanting to create a duplicate local user account in Windows 11 so that settings such as how the taskbar and start menu are set up, notifications settings, etc. move over. How can I do this?...
  4. Windows Photos creating duplicates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos creating duplicates: I suddenly have duplicates of all my photos. I've read through all the responses to the other folks with the same issue. I've hit the ellipses and adjusted the folders. There are no folders with duplicates. I've tried the ubiquitous "search this: "**" " direction to find...
  5. Windows Photos creating duplicates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photos creating duplicates: I suddenly have duplicates of all my photos. I've read through all the responses to the other folks with the same issue. I've hit the ellipses and adjusted the folders. There are no folders with duplicates. I've tried the ubiquitous "search this: "**" " direction to find...
  6. Why does windows 10 search still suck in 2022 ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does windows 10 search still suck in 2022 ?: There are apps i downloaded and are just not recognized by the windows search even tho it is not currently been indexed. Especially apps are the ones that don't get recognized. Are there people who face the same issues as me? Can someone give some clarification? submitted by...
  7. Duplicate user account - but does not exist

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Duplicate user account - but does not exist: Bought a new laptop, Asus - Aspire A515-44. Windows 10 Home - I have installed W10 several times over the years and every time it installs differently, a new set of problems !!! This is the first time with the home edition though. I have set in the registry: Winlogon/default...
  8. Windows 10 File History creating duplicates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 File History creating duplicates?: I tried to use File History under Windows 8.1 but gave up because it filled up my backup drive with unwanted duplicates of files that didn't change. Has Microsoft solved this problem for Windows 10.? Currently running 1803. ***Moved From: Windows 10/Files, folders, &...
  9. Windows 10 File History creating duplicates?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File History creating duplicates?: I tried to use File History under Windows 8.1 but gave up because it filled up my backup drive with unwanted duplicates of files that didn't change. Has Microsoft solved this problem for Windows 10.? Currently running 1803....
  10. Why does Windows 10 not create a dump file?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does Windows 10 not create a dump file?: I have a modern Surface and it continually blue screens. Unfortunately it never creates a dump file so i am not able to debug the cause of the crash. I have validated the correct settings for dump file creation e.g. following instructions such as these:...