Windows 10: Why does Windows 10 timeout after 2 minutes

Discus and support Why does Windows 10 timeout after 2 minutes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am currently researching further into why Windows 10 goes to sleep mode after 2 minutes. I already know how to fix this problem (we use the regedit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Madison_________, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Why does Windows 10 timeout after 2 minutes

I am currently researching further into why Windows 10 goes to sleep mode after 2 minutes. I already know how to fix this problem (we use the regedit solution) but i need to know what is causing the timeout. Is it a Power Setting corruption, software conflicts, etc?

:)

Madison_________, Jul 30, 2019

2. Unable to change windows 10 timeout

Unable to change windows 10 timeout

I have tried all options suggested like;

• changing lock setting in Persoanlize-lock screen-screen save settings- change wait value (doesnt hold value, whatever I set comes back to 2).
    • Changed registry to enable Power Options-Sleep-Sytem unattended sleep timeout , changed it to 60 min
    • Changed registry to enable Power Options-Display-Console lock display off timeout , changed it to 60 min
    • System file checker tool didnt find any correct/missing files "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us"
    None of the options work, after 2 minutes my computer locks. Is there any way out of this nightmare or should I switch to older windows?

B Prakash 0626, Jul 30, 2019
  3. markJ7 Win User
    Windows 10 (sometimes) goes to sleep after only 2 minutes of inactivity

Hello Michelle,

Unfortunately, steps you suggested did not fix the issue. I do not use a screen saver, so setting the option you mentioned is not available to me. Also, I doubt messing with the registry should be necessary. The current (default) Windows power plan that
    I'm using has screen timeout set to 5 minutes when on battery, and 15 minutes when plugged in. Sleep timeout is set to 15, and 30 minutes, respectively. Therefore, the computer should not go to sleep before 15 or 30 minutes have elapsed.

markJ7, Jul 30, 2019
  4. CBrough92 Win User

Why does Windows 10 timeout after 2 minutes

Screen timeout after 3 minutes

I recently updated Windows 10 and the screen is turning off after 3 minutes of inactivity despite my screen timeout settings set for 2 hours when plugged in.

CBrough92, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Why does Windows 10 timeout after 2 minutes

1. Why does Windows 10 timeout after 2 minutes - Similar Threads - Why does timeout

2. Windows 11 Lock screen timeout after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Lock screen timeout after a few minutes: Hello, I have a few laptops Lenovo and Dell that timeout after only a few minutes.They have already been clean formatted again, all possible power, sleep and screen timeout options have been set to 2h, I have been scouting forums all day long. There are no GPOs pushing these...
  3. Windows 11 Lock screen timeout after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Lock screen timeout after a few minutes: Hello, I have a few laptops Lenovo and Dell that timeout after only a few minutes.They have already been clean formatted again, all possible power, sleep and screen timeout options have been set to 2h, I have been scouting forums all day long. There are no GPOs pushing these...
  4. Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity: I have set everything to either never or an extremely long time and ive done the windows power troubleshooter twice, it doesn't happen on any other account on my computer.It doesn't matter which power plan I'm on including one that I made, and I've changed all of the settings...
  5. Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity: I have set everything to either never or an extremely long time and ive done the windows power troubleshooter twice, it doesn't happen on any other account on my computer.It doesn't matter which power plan I'm on including one that I made, and I've changed all of the settings...
  6. Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Why can't I change the 1 minute screen timeout in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I change the 1 minute screen timeout in Windows 11: I recently upgraded to W11 and have all the updates to date on my HP laptop. After 1 minute of no input, the screen turns off and locks the computer, meaning I have to input my password to get back in. I have tried changing "Screen and Sleep" timeouts in Power settings,...
  8. YouTube videos are not responsive after Microsoft Windows 2 minute screen timeout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    YouTube videos are not responsive after Microsoft Windows 2 minute screen timeout: Since posting this back in late September, 2020, Microsoft followed up with KB4577063. I find that only YouTube videos are unresponsive after logging back in after 2 minutes of system inactivity. I used to be able to hit the Space Bar after logging back in. That is no...
  9. Microsoft Windows 10 screen 2 minute timeout inactivity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Windows 10 screen 2 minute timeout inactivity: Since using Windows 10, my issue has been inactive window even desktop after screen display times out after 2 minutes of inactivity. After the display times out, I wake my PC by pressing any key or moving the mouse. Then I am presented w/my password on Windows Lockscreen....
  10. Windows 10 logs off after 2 to 2 minutes idle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 logs off after 2 to 2 minutes idle: Windows signs me out after it's been idle for 2 to 3 minutes. This problem only happens in the morning. It does not happen in the evening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-logs-off-after-2-to-2-minutes-idle/b739211e-4d3f-4341-a87c-41ee01338399