Windows 10: Why does Windows 10 timeout after 2 minutes

Discus and support Why does Windows 10 timeout after 2 minutes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am currently researching further into why Windows 10 goes to sleep mode after 2 minutes. I already know how to fix this problem (we use the regedit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Madison_________, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Why does Windows 10 timeout after 2 minutes

I am currently researching further into why Windows 10 goes to sleep mode after 2 minutes. I already know how to fix this problem (we use the regedit solution) but i need to know what is causing the timeout. Is it a Power Setting corruption, software conflicts, etc?

:)

Madison_________, Jul 30, 2019

2. Unable to change windows 10 timeout

Unable to change windows 10 timeout

I have tried all options suggested like;

• changing lock setting in Persoanlize-lock screen-screen save settings- change wait value (doesnt hold value, whatever I set comes back to 2).
    • Changed registry to enable Power Options-Sleep-Sytem unattended sleep timeout , changed it to 60 min
    • Changed registry to enable Power Options-Display-Console lock display off timeout , changed it to 60 min
    • System file checker tool didnt find any correct/missing files "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us"
    None of the options work, after 2 minutes my computer locks. Is there any way out of this nightmare or should I switch to older windows?

B Prakash 0626, Jul 30, 2019
  3. markJ7 Win User
    Windows 10 (sometimes) goes to sleep after only 2 minutes of inactivity

Hello Michelle,

Unfortunately, steps you suggested did not fix the issue. I do not use a screen saver, so setting the option you mentioned is not available to me. Also, I doubt messing with the registry should be necessary. The current (default) Windows power plan that
    I'm using has screen timeout set to 5 minutes when on battery, and 15 minutes when plugged in. Sleep timeout is set to 15, and 30 minutes, respectively. Therefore, the computer should not go to sleep before 15 or 30 minutes have elapsed.

markJ7, Jul 30, 2019
  4. CBrough92 Win User

Why does Windows 10 timeout after 2 minutes

Screen timeout after 3 minutes

I recently updated Windows 10 and the screen is turning off after 3 minutes of inactivity despite my screen timeout settings set for 2 hours when plugged in.

CBrough92, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Why does Windows 10 timeout after 2 minutes

1. Why does Windows 10 timeout after 2 minutes - Similar Threads - Why does timeout

2. windows system Booting up takes 2 minutes. why?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows system Booting up takes 2 minutes. why?: after switching the laptop it takes 2 to 3 minutes time to boot up and also it takes some 2 minutes to settled .why it happens..... its create waste my time....
  3. Windows 10 logs off after 2 to 2 minutes idle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 logs off after 2 to 2 minutes idle: Windows signs me out after it's been idle for 2 to 3 minutes. This problem only happens in the morning. It does not happen in the evening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-logs-off-after-2-to-2-minutes-idle/b739211e-4d3f-4341-a87c-41ee01338399
  4. Windows 10 connects to LAN 2-3 minutes after startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 connects to LAN 2-3 minutes after startup: The title says it all, whenever I start my Windows 10 up I can only establish connection my network (connection to NAS, DNS server, Internet) after around 2 - 3 minutes. I use a Samsung 970 EVO nVME SSD, so boot times are very fast. I get an IP from my DHCP server (pfsense)...
  5. Why does it take over 2 minutes to Clear History in Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does it take over 2 minutes to Clear History in Microsoft Edge?: Why does it take over 2 minutes to Clear History in Microsoft Edge? Microsoft Edge takes over 2 minutes to Clear History even if you cleared the history minutes ago and did not do any additional browsing. Microsoft Edge remains running in the background after closing all...
  6. Why does windows 10...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does windows 10...: I'd like to ask why does windows 10 suck for gaming? Why does every game I try work better on xp than windows 7, 8.1 or 10. Everything from Ark to World of Warcraft and everything in between. Candy Crush saga sure runs well though. So do all these bad games that come with or...
  7. Windows 10 Restart takes 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Restart takes 2 minutes: Windows 10 build 1709 , restart takes 2-3 minutes. Boot is instant , and shutdown is instant too , only when i try to restart it takes alot to shutdown. However , if i modifi registry to ClearPageFileAtShutdown 0 (1 originally ) and waittokillservicetimeout to 1000 from...
  8. Goes to sleep after 2 minutes???

in Windows 10 Support
    Goes to sleep after 2 minutes???: Although set to sleep after an hour while on power, it goes to sleep after 2 minutes. Before the Win 10 upgrade, whatever I set power conservation at was what the laptop followed. Never had any problems until now... Any thoughts? Thanks, Bruce 43893
  9. Why does windows 10 keep importing 2 of each photo?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does windows 10 keep importing 2 of each photo?: I plug my phone in, I click yes to import but it always imports doubles of each photo. why? 21703
  10. Windows 10 Set screen timeout shorter than 1 minute

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Set screen timeout shorter than 1 minute: I've been searching for quite some time, but I seem to want the exact opposite to most people. I want to have a way to set my screen timeout shorter than 1 minute. It seems like by default I can't actually make it shorter than that time. Does anyone know of a method? 86264