Windows 10: Why does Windows 11 and 10 suck so badly at network thumbnails?

Discus and support Why does Windows 11 and 10 suck so badly at network thumbnails? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11 is just like Windows 10 is that it sometimes creates thumbnails for some files in a network folder while ignoring others of the same file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DavidEckert, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Why does Windows 11 and 10 suck so badly at network thumbnails?

Windows 11 is just like Windows 10 is that it sometimes creates thumbnails for some files in a network folder while ignoring others of the same file type. Also, it will completely stop showing thumbnails. It just appears to be random and insanely slow. I tried all the steps but nothing seems to work.

:)

DavidEckert, Jan 3, 2022
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Jan 3, 2022
  3. Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 3, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Why does Windows 11 and 10 suck so badly at network thumbnails?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 3, 2022
Thema:

Why does Windows 11 and 10 suck so badly at network thumbnails?

1. Why does Windows 11 and 10 suck so badly at network thumbnails? - Similar Threads - Why does suck

2. Why does Windows 11 Suck so Bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 11 Suck so Bad?: Probably because of the little under 40 know it all ingrate code writers who think they know everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-11-suck-so-bad/b652f8fd-9c6c-424c-9553-dc507c29b838
  3. Why does Windows 11 Suck so Bad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows 11 Suck so Bad?: Probably because of the little under 40 know it all ingrate code writers who think they know everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-11-suck-so-bad/b652f8fd-9c6c-424c-9553-dc507c29b838
  4. Why does Windows 11 and 10 suck so badly at network thumbnails?

Why does Windows 11 and 10 suck so badly at network thumbnails?: Windows 11 is just like Windows 10 is that it sometimes creates thumbnails for some files in a network folder while ignoring others of the same file type. Also, it will completely stop showing thumbnails. It just appears to be random and insanely slow. I tried all the steps...
  5. Why does microsoft suck so bad with updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does microsoft suck so bad with updates: Jesus this is getting old. A forced update and new broken stuff that was fine before microsoft got a crack at it. Every single update - EVERY ONE! Now my volume app wont open to adjust volumes. F'ing awesome MICROSOFT! You guys are amazing!!! You have finally broken me. I...
  6. Why does microsoft suck so bad with updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does microsoft suck so bad with updates: Jesus this is getting old. A forced update and new broken stuff that was fine before microsoft got a crack at it. Every single update - EVERY ONE! Now my volume app wont open to adjust volumes. F'ing awesome MICROSOFT! You guys are amazing!!! You have finally broken me. I...
  7. Why does microsoft suck so bad with updates

8. Why does one drive suck so bad !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does one drive suck so bad !: This might come off as a rant honestly.. But I'm really fed up with how little there is control over what I do with one drive.. And recently I've been having a ton of problems with this program. Just getting my files off desktop deleted, randomly syncing items I specifically...
  9. Why the f**k does Windows suck so badly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why the f**k does Windows suck so badly: So, I'm going to start complaining right away. I'm a student. - I tried to save a document in word, my entire word froze and crashed but not before losing my essay that I worked 2 hours on - Windows is SLOW - Windows is forcing us to update at the worst possible moments...
  10. Why does Windows 10 1803 suck so bad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 10 1803 suck so bad: Is Microsoft trying to brick peoples computers ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/why-does-windows-10-1803-suck-so-bad/64aadf2b-2976-4196-8828-b4b520deb045