Windows 10: Why does Windows 11 automatically connect to an online account and reverts saved files???

Discus and support Why does Windows 11 automatically connect to an online account and reverts saved files??? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So that just happened.. I had perfectly working OFFLINE local account on fresh Windows 11 install for few months now and all of a sudden after a shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by asdasdddw, Dec 4, 2023.

1. asdasdddw Win User

Why does Windows 11 automatically connect to an online account and reverts saved files???

So that just happened.. I had perfectly working OFFLINE local account on fresh Windows 11 install for few months now and all of a sudden after a shut down today when i turned my pc back on my account was connected to my MS account and all my information on the PC/installed programs etc was REVERTED to a previous state... How in the hell is that even possible?? NO, i didnt enter an online account for the windows to use. I basically lost few months of information on my PC that i had stored. I tried converting back to local account in the hopes it will go to normal but no luck.

:)

asdasdddw, Dec 4, 2023
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Dec 4, 2023
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    How do I tell Internet Explorer 11 to always save (only save) a certain filetype without asking me first?

Hi Ladislav,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to automatically save a file in Internet Explorer 11:

• In Internet Explorer 11, you'll have to click first on a file of the type you want to open automatically.
    • This will show you the Open/Save prompt.
    • Select the Save option.
    • In Internet Explorer, click Tools.
    • Click the View Download options.
    • You will see a popup containing the file that you downloaded.
    • Make sure to uncheck the option "Always ask before opening this type of file."

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Dec 4, 2023
  4. HHFY Win User

Why does Windows 11 automatically connect to an online account and reverts saved files???

In Windows 11 power-saving mode, clicking the Windows Focus prompt on the lock screen will cause a system crash.

Problem description: As the title suggests.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Enter Windows 11 power-saving mode.
    2. Click the Windows Focus prompt on the lock screen.
    Expected result: The login screen should appear and after logging in, the browser should automatically open to view content.

Actual result: The system crashes.

Device information:

• Windows 11 version: 22H2 (22621.1413)
    • Device: Lenovo Xiaoxin 14 Pro 2021
    • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H
    Other information:

• When plugged in, the system automatically turns off power-saving mode and cannot be turned on manually. The function works normally.
    • When unplugged, turn off power-saving mode and the function works normally.
    • When unplugged, turn on power-saving mode and the system crashes.

HHFY, Dec 4, 2023
Thema:

1. Why does Windows 11 automatically connect to an online account and reverts saved files??? - Similar Threads - Why does automatically

2. Why does Windows 11 automatically connect to an online account and reverts saved files???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows 11 automatically connect to an online account and reverts saved files???: So that just happened.. I had perfectly working OFFLINE local account on fresh Windows 11 install for few months now and all of a sudden after a shut down today when i turned my pc back on my account was connected to my MS account and all my information on the PC/installed...
  3. Why does Snip and Sketch not save the file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Snip and Sketch not save the file?: Seems like a lot of other people have the same issue with it, maybe fix it before you get rid of the snipping tool. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-snip-and-sketch-not-save-the-file/f6bd49d9-7765-4599-9e8d-ba65f3359c72
  4. Why does Snip and Sketch not save the file?

Why does Snip and Sketch not save the file?: Seems like a lot of other people have the same issue with it, maybe fix it before you get rid of the snipping tool. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-snip-and-sketch-not-save-the-file/f6bd49d9-7765-4599-9e8d-ba65f3359c72
  5. Why does Snip and Sketch not save the file?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Are Notepad files saved online?

Are Notepad files saved online?: I have two laptops that I use, and one of them has a notepad file that I made quite a while ago, and didn't really need up until now. Unfortunately, the laptop that I used to for the notepad is now packed away, and I'm in a different country, so it's not something I can...
  7. Are Notepad files saved online?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Notepad files saved online?: I have two laptops that I use, and one of them has a notepad file that I made quite a while ago, and didn't really need up until now. Unfortunately, the laptop that I used to for the notepad is now packed away, and I'm in a different country, so it's not something I can...
  8. Windows 11 Reverted Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Reverted Files: So today my friend decided to boot up their pc to play some games with me. Instead, when logging in it said that it could not read their files. They logged in like usual and some things are gone or reverted to a previous save point. I just told them to restart their pc but...
  9. Does Onedrive automatically save files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does Onedrive automatically save files?: Hi, OS Windows 10 (Japanese) Browser Firefox I have never used OneDrive but after recent Windows update, Windows 10 version 1903 (KB4505903) it is showing OneDrive Icon in Taskbar. Yesterday August 02, 2019, during Windows update when computer was rebooting there was a...
  10. why does every wifi automatically connect?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why does every wifi automatically connect?: I do not want to show or auto connect to unknown wifi. Slows down computer on staring up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-every-wifi-automatically-connect/36e1e4f8-8f24-47c1-9871-bbf64105128c