Windows 10: Why does Windows ask twice for password?

Discus and support Why does Windows ask twice for password? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For glarification, I mean the power-on password. When I start my computer, this screen shows up, then I type my password and press enter, then it shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Niko Ala-Rämi, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Why does Windows ask twice for password?

For glarification, I mean the power-on password. When I start my computer, this screen shows up, then I type my password and press enter, then it shows the startup screen, then the screen shuts down for a second and then it puts me back on this screen again. How can I get rid of this whole thing? I don't need it to ask for password three times since there is also the user password I have to type in.

:)

Niko Ala-Rämi, Sep 26, 2022
  2. donnyb Win User

No login password craziness

Brink, that was the missing step. What threw me off was in netplwiz, where it asks about password for my MS account, the user name was not the same as my MS account name. Once I entered the password (twice) I can now login without entering a password. In fact the name that was listed was not the MS account name, but a folder name. The folder is the one that shows when you click on C:\Users.
    Thanks for the help.

donnyb, Sep 26, 2022
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 26, 2022
  4. Why does Windows ask twice for password?

Windows 10 - Login twice every time

Hello,

User profile corruption is one of the possible reasons why you are being asked to sign in twice on your computer. To troubleshoot the issue, we suggest creating a new user account and see if the same issue will occur on a different user profile. To do this,
    simply follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings
      > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC.

• Type a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

Why does Windows ask twice for password?

1. Why does Windows ask twice for password? - Similar Threads - Why does ask

2. Sleep does not ask for password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep does not ask for password: When I press the power button to wake up my windows 11 from sleep mode, the time is displayed and I press enter and the desktop appears without me needing to type in the password. How can I change this so I need to type in the password when I want the laptop to come out of...
  3. Sleep does not ask for password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep does not ask for password: When I press the power button to wake up my windows 11 from sleep mode, the time is displayed and I press enter and the desktop appears without me needing to type in the password. How can I change this so I need to type in the password when I want the laptop to come out of...
  4. Why does Windows ask twice for password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows ask twice for password?: For glarification, I mean the power-on password. When I start my computer, this screen shows up, then I type my password and press enter, then it shows the startup screen, then the screen shuts down for a second and then it puts me back on this screen again. How can I get rid...
  5. Why does Microsoft keep asking me for my account password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Microsoft keep asking me for my account password?: Signing into my first new computer in a while and microsoft asks for my Email, ok I can provide that, then my password, sure got that too, then it asks me for my account password which is somehow different than my normal password? Where am I supposed to find that information...
  6. Admin password asked twice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin password asked twice: Each time I change a user setting, the admin password is required twice. For example, when doing any changes to DNS - DoH. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-asked-twice/8f5dc88e-096e-44dd-b8bd-bd154daa928f
  7. RDP Asking for Credentials Twice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP Asking for Credentials Twice: Hi all, Im tying to configure a Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard in order to only ask for credentials one time ( while trying to RDP the machine). I've disabled the following GPO- But server is still asking for password a second time. Administrative Templates ->...
  8. windows does not ask for a password when starts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows does not ask for a password when starts: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop from hp and after setting up software and password (both fingerprint and code number) it does not ask me for any password when I start or restart it! It only asks for a password when wakes up from sleep! which means that anybody can...
  9. Bitlocker asks for password twice

Bitlocker asks for password twice: My client has an Acer laptop with Windows 10 Pro. There is no TPM chip so we have to enter a password at pre-boot. The thing is, it always asks for this password twice. I know I an entering the correct data, and after I enter it the second time the machine boots as...
  10. why does smartscreen ask me a password ? i haven't set it

why does smartscreen ask me a password ? i haven't set it: hi i tried to download a program filezilla and run it and the blue smartscreen pop up with run anyway or don't run i clicked on run anyway but it asks me a password i have never set a password and i'm the administrator why? thanks 16481