Windows 10: why does windows defender stop Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry from running?

Discus and support why does windows defender stop Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry from running? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the first time ever, I was notified that Defender has prevented compatTelrunner from accessing memory. Any idea why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RobertFarrar, Oct 15, 2019.

1. why does windows defender stop Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry from running?

For the first time ever, I was notified that Defender has prevented compatTelrunner from accessing memory. Any idea why?

:)

RobertFarrar, Oct 15, 2019
  2. Ima Troll Win User

Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility

Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility is, simply stated, a virus that ships with Windows.

• Hit the Windows key and type Task Scheduler
    • Drill down to Task Scheduler Library | Microsoft | Windows | Application Experience
    • Disable Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser
    • Disable ProgramDataUpdater

Ima Troll, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Zero MSN Win User
    Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility

Thank you so much. This was killing off the battery and the CPU on my Surface. To make it worse, the fan would make a lot of noise to cool the system down.

Now it's running so much better and a lot quieter too.

Zero MSN, Oct 15, 2019
  4. why does windows defender stop Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry from running?

Microsoft compatibility telemetry

I have tried to turn it off - to no avail. The closest thing I can equate
    Microsoft compatibility telemetry
    to is spyware. The only thing I can suggest to you is to keep your
    Task Manager open at all times, and if you see your disk start to spike, go to the
    Task Manager and shut it down. I followed all the instructions on how to stop or remove
    Microsoft compatibility telemetry and nothing worked. This the
    real price you pay for the free upgrade to Win10.

To Microsoft: show some common decency, or at least some balls and help people solve this. Otherwise you are starting to smell like some third-rate organization run out of Mumbai.

MichaelCorbridge, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

why does windows defender stop Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry from running?

1. why does windows defender stop Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry from running? - Similar Threads - why does defender

2. Why does Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry modify a third part application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry modify a third part application?: My VIPRE reports that it blocked the "Telemetry" attempted to modify armlink.exe that comes from TI's CCSV5.Here is the reportEvent Type2 -- NotifyTimeout0sMonitor Source2003 -- On File AccessMessage ID{E59653E1-6450-4AE4-B0C9-994EAD5FFF38}Monitor Type2 -- FileRecommend...
  3. Why does Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry modify a third part application?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry modify a third part application?: My VIPRE reports that it blocked the "Telemetry" attempted to modify armlink.exe that comes from TI's CCSV5.Here is the reportEvent Type2 -- NotifyTimeout0sMonitor Source2003 -- On File AccessMessage ID{E59653E1-6450-4AE4-B0C9-994EAD5FFF38}Monitor Type2 -- FileRecommend...
  4. Why does Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry modify a third part application?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Permanently delete Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry

Permanently delete Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry: I followed this instructions: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanently-disabling-windows-compatibility/6bf71583-81b0-4a74-ae2e-8fd73305aad1 Microsoft Compatibility telemetry still triggers itselfI want it to permanently delete it from the computer....
  6. Permanently delete Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Permanently delete Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry: I followed this instructions: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanently-disabling-windows-compatibility/6bf71583-81b0-4a74-ae2e-8fd73305aad1 Microsoft Compatibility telemetry still triggers itselfI want it to permanently delete it from the computer....
  7. What data does the Compatibility Telemetry collects and sends to Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What data does the Compatibility Telemetry collects and sends to Microsoft?: Hello. I found the following answer to my question:"The Windows Compatibility Telemetry is a service in Windows 10 which contains technical data on how the device and its related software is working. It periodically sends the data to Microsoft for future improvement of the...
  8. What data does the Compatibility Telemetry collects and sends to Microsoft?

What data does the Compatibility Telemetry collects and sends to Microsoft?: Hello. I found the following answer to my question:"The Windows Compatibility Telemetry is a service in Windows 10 which contains technical data on how the device and its related software is working. It periodically sends the data to Microsoft for future improvement of the...
  9. What data does the Compatibility Telemetry collects and sends to Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry AppCrash

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry AppCrash: I guess this is not a new question and apologise in advance if I am repeating it but I failed to unearth anything helpful through Search: I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 one month ago. Reliability Monitor, which I run every day, has advised me three times since May 22nd...