Windows 10: Why does Windows drop the s at the end of my name?

Discus and support Why does Windows drop the s at the end of my name? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I recently reinstalled Windows on a new M.2 SSD lovely speed :D and I am wondering at something. I login with thomas@****.** which is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Thomas Due, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Why does Windows drop the s at the end of my name?

Hello,

I recently reinstalled Windows on a new M.2 SSD lovely speed Why does Windows drop the s at the end of my name? :D and I am wondering at something.

I login with thomas@****.** which is the email account my Microsoft account is linked to.

Everything is working fine, by the way.

But the local account Windows creates for me is called 'thoma'.

Why is it dropping the 's' at the end of my name?

And is there a way to rename the local account so is my entire first name?

:)

Thomas Due, Oct 16, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 16, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Why does Windows drop the s at the end of my name?

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Why does Windows drop the s at the end of my name?

1. Why does Windows drop the s at the end of my name? - Similar Threads - Why does drop

2. the device name for my windows 11 computer ends in RAT why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the device name for my windows 11 computer ends in RAT why?: I was looking through my computer and noticed it ended in RAT. I thought maybe the laptop was tampered with. but I searched eventlog for 6011 to see if someone had changed the name recently. windows never logged the name as ever being changed. so why does my device name end...
  3. the device name for my windows 11 computer ends in RAT why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the device name for my windows 11 computer ends in RAT why?: I was looking through my computer and noticed it ended in RAT. I thought maybe the laptop was tampered with. but I searched eventlog for 6011 to see if someone had changed the name recently. windows never logged the name as ever being changed. so why does my device name end...
  4. Why my upload speed on Windows drops to <10kb/s

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my upload speed on Windows drops to <10kb/s: So here is the issue. I have a Mac and I installed a virtual Windows 11 through “Parallel Desktop”. Some days ago my upload speed on Windows was still normal and has the same speed in my Mac OS. Until these days the upload speed on Windows suddenly dropped to an unacceptable...
  5. Why my upload speed on Windows drops to <10kb/s

Why my upload speed on Windows drops to <10kb/s: So here is the issue. I have a Mac and I installed a virtual Windows 11 through “Parallel Desktop”. Some days ago my upload speed on Windows was still normal and has the same speed in my Mac OS. Until these days the upload speed on Windows suddenly dropped to an unacceptable...
  6. Why does my email not have a name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my email not have a name?: When I click on the blue e for Edge at the bottom of the screen, I see several rectangles, each of which look like a smaller version of what I see if I click on one. Each one has a name. For some reason, with my Yahoo email, the name has been missing for a couple of days....
  7. Why does my email not have a name?

Why does my email not have a name?: When I click on the blue e for Edge at the bottom of the screen, I see several rectangles, each of which look like a smaller version of what I see if I click on one. Each one has a name. For some reason, with my Yahoo email, the name has been missing for a couple of days....
  8. Why does my email not have a name?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Why does my wireless scanner keep dropping?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my wireless scanner keep dropping?: I recently hooked up an Epson ES-580W scanner and got it to work wirelessly. However, after a few minutes, the scanner goes to sleep and when I try to scan again, it is no longer connected wirelessly. I have to restart my computer and the scanner in order to get it to work...
  10. Why does Close not end the task?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does Close not end the task?: I've been using Microsoft products since DOS 2.10, so I understand the technical reasons, but I don't understand the design choice. If I have a program that is misbehaving/hanging etc and I right click on the icon on the Taskbar and click "close". Why does it not believe...