Windows 10: Why does Windows Explorer display USB disk drives twice

Discus and support Why does Windows Explorer display USB disk drives twice in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Build 19045.4412Why does Windows Explorer C:\Windows\explorer.exe display my USB disk drives twice? Is there a way to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnGalt8, May 21, 2024.

1. JohnGalt8 Win User

Why does Windows Explorer display USB disk drives twice

Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Build 19045.4412Why does Windows Explorer C:\Windows\explorer.exe display my USB disk drives twice? Is there a way to have those drives displayed only once?

:)

JohnGalt8, May 21, 2024
  2. Blaez Win User

USB Listed twice in Windows 10 Explorer

One of my USB drives is listed twice in Windows Explorer, although it displays correctly in My PC. It is not pinned to "Quick Access" and Explorer is set to open "This PC" through View/Folder/Options. Why is this one USB drive (storage) listed twice and
    are there any concerns with this?

Thank you,

Blaez, May 21, 2024
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, May 21, 2024
  4. Gino Des Win User

My USB Backup drive does not show in My Computer window.

Hi Meran,

A few possible reason can cause your external drive to not show in File Explorer. To diagnose and fix this issue, we suggest that you check the Disk Management window. To open it, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Disk Management.
    • Alternatively, you can search diskmgmt.msc in Cortana.

Examine the list of drives in the Disk Management window and look for your external drive. Even if it doesn’t show up in File Explorer, it should appear here. If the drive appears, it may not be appearing in File Explorer because it needs to be assigned
    a drive letter. To do this, right-click the partition on the drive in Disk Management and select
    Change Drive Letter and Paths.

If you don’t see the drive in the Disk Management window at all, we suggest that you try connecting the drive to a different USB port or use a different USB cable. We also recommend that you avoid using USB hubs, and connect the drive directly to your computer.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, May 21, 2024
Thema:

1. Why does Windows Explorer display USB disk drives twice - Similar Threads - Why does Explorer

2. Why does Windows Explorer display USB disk drives twice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does Windows Explorer display USB disk drives twice: Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Build 19045.4412Why does Windows Explorer C:\Windows\explorer.exe display my USB disk drives twice? Is there a way to have those drives displayed only once?...
  3. Why does Windows Explorer display USB disk drives twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows Explorer display USB disk drives twice: Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Build 19045.4412Why does Windows Explorer C:\Windows\explorer.exe display my USB disk drives twice? Is there a way to have those drives displayed only once?...
  4. Why is my Seagate External Drive and File Folders Displayed Twice in Windows Explorer 10?

Why is my Seagate External Drive and File Folders Displayed Twice in Windows Explorer 10?: Why does this happen and how can I make it stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-seagate-external-drive-and-file-folders/e2cc810f-5570-4af9-89b6-07517f3f4989
  5. Why is my Seagate External Drive and File Folders Displayed Twice in Windows Explorer 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Seagate External Drive and File Folders Displayed Twice in Windows Explorer 10?: Why does this happen and how can I make it stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-seagate-external-drive-and-file-folders/e2cc810f-5570-4af9-89b6-07517f3f4989
  6. Why is my Seagate External Drive and File Folders Displayed Twice in Windows Explorer 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. External drives show twice in file explorer In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in...

External drives show twice in file explorer In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in...: External drives show twice in file explorer In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in file explorer. Once under This PC and again under Desktop. How do eliminate one? According to support this isn't a flaw. I consider it to be a design flaw. The second appearance of...
  8. Drives shown twice in Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drives shown twice in Explorer: [ATTACH] Please see the above picture. All the Drives are shown twice? How can I solve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drives-shown-twice-in-explorer/c04f2593-d327-438b-afc4-7606fbdf7dd0
  9. External disk appearing twice in Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External disk appearing twice in Explorer: Hope someone can help me. I have 2 external disks - labelled M & N which I use for backups. When they are connected however, they appear twice in Explorer Attachment 240106 This is very confusing especially as they are listed so close to each other - as N can appear above...
  10. file explorer shows usb drive twice

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer shows usb drive twice: hi, i have an annoying problem. when i plug a usb drive, the file explorer shows the same drive with the same drive letter twice. it's no big deal but annoying like i said.. how can i fix this 25514