Windows 10: Why does windows explorer fail to show mapped local network storage when the internet...

Discus and support Why does windows explorer fail to show mapped local network storage when the internet... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have several PC's on a Local network, and that network is also connected to the internet modem. When the internet is down for any reason, the local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Davidk03, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Davidk03 Win User

Why does windows explorer fail to show mapped local network storage when the internet...

I have several PC's on a Local network, and that network is also connected to the internet modem. When the internet is down for any reason, the local network is still functional. So why does windows explorer not show mapped drives to the network storage devices when the internet is down, yet they appear normally when the internet is 'up'?Is there a setting that will allow access to the local network NAS even when the internet is down?

:)

Davidk03, Aug 5, 2021
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Why does windows explorer fail to show mapped local network storage when the internet... wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Aug 5, 2021
  3. NDarkstar Win User
    Mapped drives not showing up on Explorer

Wanted to mention that I'm experiencing this same issue. Environment here is a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain with network shares and printers mapped by GPO. GPO drive mappings are not on a per-user basis and instead are global for all users.

Affected user can not access mapped drives via explorer, yet NET USE shows drives mapped as expected. Attempting to remap network drives via explorer results in a prompt stating that the connection is already mapped to that drive letter, do I want to disconnect and reconnect it?

Oddly, using applications that provide an 'open document' dialogue can see and access mapped network drives normally. For example, open Word, file -> open -> browse: Left pane shows network shares, clicking on network share shows share contents. Clicking on 'This PC' shows all mapped drives which are navigable and documents can be opened normally. Doing this does not correct the issue with Explorer. Similarly, a command prompt also operates as expected, so it's possible to change to a mapped network drive by the associated letter and to list / copy / delete files normally.

Issue appears to be limited to a single user profile on the workstation displaying the described symptoms. Logging in as another user results in the drives being mapped and accessible as usual. Symptoms persist through reboot. User account with symptoms does not have admin access locally or on the domain.

NDarkstar, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Barman58 Win User

Why does windows explorer fail to show mapped local network storage when the internet...

Tweaking Save Menu to show "Network" as a save location?

You may be able to "map" the network address, be sure to map to the Drive Root or top of the tree of any area you wish to access. A mapped network location shows in the File Explorer as a local Drive letter, that you select, so should work with your application.

Add a Network Location in Windows 10 | Tutorials will provide step by step

Barman58, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Why does windows explorer fail to show mapped local network storage when the internet... - Similar Threads - Why does explorer

2. Storage pool shows correct capacity, explorer does not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage pool shows correct capacity, explorer does not: I have a storage pool with two 14TB disks. I recently added another 14TB disk to the pool, it shows the disk in the storage pool and the correct capacity is listed. In explorer and any other way to access the drive, it only shows the capacity of the two disks....
  3. Storage pool shows correct capacity, explorer does not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage pool shows correct capacity, explorer does not: I have a storage pool with two 14TB disks. I recently added another 14TB disk to the pool, it shows the disk in the storage pool and the correct capacity is listed. In explorer and any other way to access the drive, it only shows the capacity of the two disks....
  4. Local private network access fails when the internet is down. Why?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local private network access fails when the internet is down. Why?: I have a home network with 3 Pc's, 3 NAS devices, a smart TV and the internet modem. Connected via an 8 port netgear GS608 switch: each device has it's own port on the switch.The home network is a private network - see screenshot attached, including properties of the local...
  5. Mapping a network drive using a local network

Mapping a network drive using a local network: Hi. I would like to map my network drive to my desktop from my laptop. I am using a wireless extender how can I map my network drive using my local network?...
  6. Explorer does not show a preview and does not show anything, why?

Explorer does not show a preview and does not show anything, why?: Have a problem with Explorer in Windows10, must restart the service each time to access folders, to be able to. Can somebody help me? With kind regards CreaGab [ATTACH] Explorer zeigt keine Vorschau und zeigt nichts an, warum?
  7. Mapped Network Drive Not Showing in File Explorer

Mapped Network Drive Not Showing in File Explorer: Why aren't Mapped Network Drive Not Showing in File Explorer and how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mapped-network-drive-not-showing-in-file-explorer/d3932ee6-2c7d-4ff5-90b6-ff7c596ddc2f
  8. Why does Storage Spaces show a different used capacity than Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Storage Spaces show a different used capacity than Explorer?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Clinqk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e45ft8/why_does_storage_spaces_show_a_different_used/
  9. Mapping network drive fails

Mapping network drive fails: Hi, My wife and I have our computers networked to each other, until recently there were no problems, she asked to print some photos for her, told me where they were, so I went to the S: drive (her mapped drive) and up popped a window asking to enter network credentials....
  10. network mapping in win explorer

network mapping in win explorer: *Sad Has anyone found any fixes for the several problems with network mapping? 7185