Windows 10: Why does windows explorer think I press the down cursor key?

Discus and support Why does windows explorer think I press the down cursor key? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a weird problem. When I open a file explorer window the damn thing thinks I want to scroll down using the cursor key. It doesn't happen in other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Moldytzu, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Moldytzu Win User

Why does windows explorer think I press the down cursor key?

I have a weird problem. When I open a file explorer window the damn thing thinks I want to scroll down using the cursor key. It doesn't happen in other programmes, only on desktop and windows explorer in general. What should I do?

:)

Moldytzu, Jun 8, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 8, 2023
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jun 8, 2023
  4. duhasian Win User

I can't move cursor while pressing a key

I recently upgraded Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.0. I have tried reinstalling Synaptics, removing and uninstalling Synaptics, disabling palmcheck, but it wouldn't work. It's annoying when you are playing a game that requires moving while pressing keys on your keyboard. I also have Synaptics 7.5 (19.0.10). The only way I can move my mouse while pressing any key is pressing (any key) + shift. Any ideas or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

duhasian, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

1. Why does windows explorer think I press the down cursor key? - Similar Threads - Why does explorer

2. Why won't my cursor move while I press a key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my cursor move while I press a key?: I have a HP Pavilion x360 and I am trying to play some games that require me to press keys while moving/clicking the touch pad but my cursor won't move when I press a key. I have gone into settings and control panel trying to fix this myself from research but I can't find the...
  3. Why won't my cursor move while I press a key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my cursor move while I press a key?: I have a HP Pavilion x360 and I am trying to play some games that require me to press keys while moving/clicking the touch pad but my cursor won't move when I press a key. I have gone into settings and control panel trying to fix this myself from research but I can't find the...
  4. Why does windows explorer think I press the down cursor key?

Why does windows explorer think I press the down cursor key?: I have a weird problem. When I open a file explorer window the damn thing thinks I want to scroll down using the cursor key. It doesn't happen in other programmes, only on desktop and windows explorer in general. What should I do?...
  5. Why does windows explorer think I press the down cursor key?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does windows explorer think I press the down cursor key?: I have a weird problem. When I open a file explorer window the damn thing thinks I want to scroll down using the cursor key. It doesn't happen in other programmes, only on desktop and windows explorer in general. What should I do?...
  6. Windows UI thinks some keys are being pressed down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows UI thinks some keys are being pressed down.: Windows 10 thinks I'm holding down the arrow key. This happens on Windows menus and programs. There is no problem on other programs. Browsers, notepad, Discord etc work just fine, it's just Windows that is freaking out. The problem persists even if I unplug my keyboard and...
  7. Windows UI thinks some keys are being pressed down.

Windows UI thinks some keys are being pressed down.: Windows 10 thinks I'm holding down the arrow key. This happens on Windows menus and programs. There is no problem on other programs. Browsers, notepad, Discord etc work just fine, it's just Windows that is freaking out. The problem persists even if I unplug my keyboard and...
  8. Keyboard Thinks i am pressing window key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Thinks i am pressing window key: Every time I press A, Q , 1 on my ducky keyboard i thinks i am pressing the window key. I saw it was doing that when I opened the on screen keyboard. I have tried everything. I uninstalled the drivers, restarted my computer, moved usb port and updated the keyboard none of...
  9. Windows 10 thinks the Down key is pressed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 thinks the Down key is pressed.: Certain aspects and programs in Win 10, including the start menu, search bar, calculator, and settings applications think that the Down Arrow Key is continually being pressed. Other applications such as the File Manager, Task Manager, and non Microsoft programs behave...
  10. Computer thinks that the last key pressed is being held down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer thinks that the last key pressed is being held down: Hi there, I'm having an issue where every now and then when I press a key, if it is not interrupted with another key press the last key will continue on a though pressed. For instance, ending this sentence with a period and having this occur would look like...