Windows 10: why does windows feel obligated to fix what is not broken?

Discus and support why does windows feel obligated to fix what is not broken? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I was happy with the security of MY computer, but now I'm spending hours trying to reverse security measures I don't want?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Webyeller, Apr 18, 2023.

1. Webyeller Win User

why does windows feel obligated to fix what is not broken?

I was happy with the security of MY computer, but now I'm spending hours trying to reverse security measures I don't want?

:)

Webyeller, Apr 18, 2023

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 18, 2023
  3. STEvil Win User
    Fan control for 4870X2 broken in 1.17

Fixed fan controls yes. Annoying profiles yes. Buggy code yes.

I'd rather just set it and forget it as the feature list of RBE suggested it was capable of doing.

STEvil, Apr 18, 2023
  4. why does windows feel obligated to fix what is not broken?

Many built-in Windows apps broken since late April / early May 2016

Repair Upgrade-Keeps everything including applications,files and data(just like you upgraded from Windows 7/8 to 10 which kept everything)

Clean Install-Removes everything and puts the older windows into windows.old.

You might also go through this to try if the apps work.

PS sorry Greg for taking over.

Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 18, 2023
Thema:

why does windows feel obligated to fix what is not broken?

1. why does windows feel obligated to fix what is not broken? - Similar Threads - why does feel

2. Why does Windows 10 explorer feels so slow?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Windows 10 explorer feels so slow?: Hi, I've lately updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I just feel the Windows Explorer from the latest kind of slow compared to the previous OS versions. I've tried some win10 version from 10240 to 19045 and they all have the same issue. It seems that when browsing folder...
  3. Does system restore fix broken themes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does system restore fix broken themes?: The answer is yes. I thought I might post this because there wasn't much info on how to fix broken themes. I played around with themes and noticed that a few apps on my desktop had set colors from the previous theme and wouldn't get fixed no matter how much I toiled with the...
  4. Does system restore fix broken themes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does system restore fix broken themes?: The answer is yes. I thought I might post this because there wasn't much info on how to fix broken themes. I played around with themes and noticed that a few apps on my desktop had set colors from the previous theme and wouldn't get fixed no matter how much I toiled with the...
  5. why does windows feel obligated to fix what is not broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does windows feel obligated to fix what is not broken?: I was happy with the security of MY computer, but now I'm spending hours trying to reverse security measures I don't want? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-feel-obligated-to-fix-what-is-not/342a6574-a8a7-44e1-9607-d7b32c568c39
  6. why does windows feel obligated to fix what is not broken?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does windows feel obligated to fix what is not broken?: I was happy with the security of MY computer, but now I'm spending hours trying to reverse security measures I don't want? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-feel-obligated-to-fix-what-is-not/342a6574-a8a7-44e1-9607-d7b32c568c39
  7. Why does my Windows 10 feels slow?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my Windows 10 feels slow?: Why does my Windows 10 Home N feels slow even though I'm meeting all the minimum requirements? From this Microsoft website I can see what I met, Processor: 1 gigahertz GHz or faster processor or SoC - I have Intel Core 2 Duo with 1.9 GHz.RAM: 1 gigabyte GB for 32-bit or 2 GB...
  8. Windows feel broken. Many basic things not functioning properly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows feel broken. Many basic things not functioning properly.: Things I have noticed: Some apps not opening. Spotify didnt launch. Office crashed on loading screen. Nothing happens when clicking on items in control panel. Like uninstall a program for example. Class not registered error on some apps....
  9. Who is in charge? Why can't you stop fixing what is not broken or perhaps it is broken all...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Who is in charge? Why can't you stop fixing what is not broken or perhaps it is broken all...: I hate you, I hate you, I hate you. I hate Windows, I hate outlook, I almost hate Skype my life line...........but finally got that problem worked out...........hopefully. Seriously, who is making the decisions? Walk in there right now and slap them. I get updates and...
  10. What does netsh winsock reset does and why it fixes Google Chrome?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does netsh winsock reset does and why it fixes Google Chrome?: Hello, Every month or so comes a time where Google Chrome will stop working, I had a post about it here but no solution was found, until I found a video that shows that you need to run a netsh winsock reset in the command prompt, and it worked Why is that? Thanks!...