Windows 10: Why does Windows freeze every time I close my last Chrome tab?

Discus and support Why does Windows freeze every time I close my last Chrome tab? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time I close out of my last chrome tab, my mouse and everything else just freezes. After about 4 or 5 minutes, it unfreezes and I can continue on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mortal_Mc, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Why does Windows freeze every time I close my last Chrome tab?

Every time I close out of my last chrome tab, my mouse and everything else just freezes. After about 4 or 5 minutes, it unfreezes and I can continue on as normal. Could this be some kind of RAM issue? I can't seem to find anyone online with the same issue.

submitted by /u/Mortal_Mc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mortal_Mc, Jan 9, 2021

2. Chrome Bug- Control+W will close entire Chrome window instead of tab.

Searching the internet, I can see that this issue has been reported many time before but I actually have seen an actual answer to it. It would be nice if Chrome officially responds to it since it seems like a prevalent problem that's been reported over 10 years ago.

A few times per day, when I press Control+W to close a tab, the entire Chrome window closes with all the multiple tab that is within that window. When I immediately open a new Chrome window and then press the restore shortcut, all the tabs that were lost, they are luckily restored. (It's strange that restore will restore multiple tabs rather than just one tab.)

It seems that the particular tab has something associated with it that makes the entire Chrome window close (with all the other tabs), rather than just that single tab. I will press Control+W when other tabs are activated and Chrome will function normally and close that single tab but it's when I try to close that particular tab again, the entire Chrome window will close with all the other tabs.

It's quite annoying. I've even come across 2 tabs in a Chrome window that exhibit this same behavior. ie. I will press Control+W and it will close the entire window. I will open a new Chrome tab and then press the restore shortcut and all the tabs will be restored. By chance, I will press Control+W for another tab in that same Chrome window, the same phenomenon will occur. Evidently, these 2 Chrome windows have some similar trait that forces the Chrome window to close, not only the tab.

The only way to get around this is to manually X the tab that I want to close. If I do this, then only the particular tab will close (and not the Chrome window with all the other tabs).

I noticed that other people have complained about this over the years but nobody found an answer to the problem.

CerebralFreeze, Jan 9, 2021
  3. CKDexterH Win User
    Google Chrome Tabs.

In Google Chrome, I can right click and open numerous links in a new tab. But when I click on the tab the program freezes and I'm forced to use Task Manager to close Google Chrome.

CKDexterH, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Why does Windows freeze every time I close my last Chrome tab?

Chrome keeps freezing on Windows 10

Hi Pat,

There may be a few reasons why your Google Chrome keeps on freezing. One reason is the browser that you're using. For us to further isolate your concern, we need you to answer the following:

• Is this happening on other browsers as well (e.g. Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox)?
    • Does the issue persist only on a specific website or it occurs on all websites?

Let us know if you're still getting the same error after performing our suggested troubleshooting step so we can assist further.

Aldwin Ale, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Why does Windows freeze every time I close my last Chrome tab?

1. Why does Windows freeze every time I close my last Chrome tab? - Similar Threads - Why does freeze

2. My PC freezes every time I close program.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC freezes every time I close program.: Every time I close a program, my taskbar does not get updated and everything becomes unresponsive... When I click the taskbar a few times my screen turns black, and everything is fine. This is annoying because is happens every time i close a program.I've had Task manager open...
  3. My PC freezes every time I close program.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC freezes every time I close program.: Every time I close a program, my taskbar does not get updated and everything becomes unresponsive... When I click the taskbar a few times my screen turns black, and everything is fine. This is annoying because is happens every time i close a program.I've had Task manager open...
  4. Why does my Google Chrome always close when I open it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Google Chrome always close when I open it?: I logged into my microsoft account recently on my PC and when that happened all of a sudden I can no longer open chrome. Every time I attempt to open it, it opens for less than a second and then closes. I saw another person making a question about this and the response was...
  5. Why does my Google Chrome always close when I open it?

Why does my Google Chrome always close when I open it?: I logged into my microsoft account recently on my PC and when that happened all of a sudden I can no longer open chrome. Every time I attempt to open it, it opens for less than a second and then closes. I saw another person making a question about this and the response was...
  6. Why does my To Do app keeps closing every time I type one task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my To Do app keeps closing every time I type one task: It started doing this about two weeks ago and I figured it would be fixed by now. I find it very annoying and difficult to actually use the app and manage my team....
  7. Why does my To Do app keeps closing every time I type one task

Why does my To Do app keeps closing every time I type one task: It started doing this about two weeks ago and I figured it would be fixed by now. I find it very annoying and difficult to actually use the app and manage my team....
  8. Why does google chrome close every time I open it, once I have logged into my Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does google chrome close every time I open it, once I have logged into my Microsoft...: Ever since I logged into my Xbox account on my computer, I haven't been able to open google chrome. It has been over three years and it is still doing the exact same thing. It will open for about half a second and then close. Meaning for the past years, I have been using...
  9. Why does google chrome close every time I open it, once I have logged into my Microsoft...

Why does google chrome close every time I open it, once I have logged into my Microsoft...: Ever since I logged into my Xbox account on my computer, I haven't been able to open google chrome. It has been over three years and it is still doing the exact same thing. It will open for about half a second and then close. Meaning for the past years, I have been using...
  10. Why does google chrome close every time I open it, once I have logged into my Microsoft...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging