Windows 10: Why does Windows Hello not take me to desktop?

Discus and support Why does Windows Hello not take me to desktop? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently did a "reset my PC" while leaving files in place. Now when it boots up, the Windows Hello camera turns on like it did before and the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarkTiede, Sep 10, 2022.

1. MarkTiede Win User

Why does Windows Hello not take me to desktop?

I recently did a "reset my PC" while leaving files in place. Now when it boots up, the Windows Hello camera turns on like it did before and the screen says Hello and my name, but then I have to choose another option. I have to click on the Pin entry option. When I give the pin, then it takes me to the desktop.Why would it not go directly to the desktop when it recognizes me?Is the problem some setting that was lost? I looked around, but couldn't find anything that seemed to make a difference.

:)

MarkTiede, Sep 10, 2022

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 10, 2022
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Sep 10, 2022
  4. Vicky Acs Win User

Windows hello

Hi Abdullah,

To resolve this camera issue for your Windows Hello, we suggest that you run Hardware and Device troubleshooter. Refer to the following steps:

• Click on 'search' and select 'settings' and type 'Troubleshooting' and select 'Troubleshooting'
    • Click on 'Hardware and Sound' and select 'Hardware and 'Devices' and click on next to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Sep 10, 2022
Thema:

1. Why does Windows Hello not take me to desktop? - Similar Threads - Why does Hello

2. hello does not take my picture for facial recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello does not take my picture for facial recognition: hello does not take my picture for facial recognition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-does-not-take-my-picture-for-facial/402d7103-fff7-48f8-9df0-a9155ee8b40b
  3. hello does not take my picture for facial recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hello does not take my picture for facial recognition: hello does not take my picture for facial recognition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-does-not-take-my-picture-for-facial/402d7103-fff7-48f8-9df0-a9155ee8b40b
  4. Why does searching for "Windows Hello" not bring up Windows hello?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does searching for "Windows Hello" not bring up Windows hello?: Why does searching for "Windows Hello" not bring up Windows hello?What use is Windows Search if it can't actually help me find things? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-searching-for-windows-hello-not-bring-up/85160707-e80a-4a44-b4ef-a0aec8d5239f
  5. Why does searching for "Windows Hello" not bring up Windows hello?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does searching for "Windows Hello" not bring up Windows hello?: Why does searching for "Windows Hello" not bring up Windows hello?What use is Windows Search if it can't actually help me find things? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-searching-for-windows-hello-not-bring-up/85160707-e80a-4a44-b4ef-a0aec8d5239f
  6. Why is microsoft taking money from me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is microsoft taking money from me: Hi, simple question, why are you deducting 9,99 euro every month? And could that stop? I don't use any of your services. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-microsoft-taking-money-from-me/a373c060-72e5-43c4-899a-e32c24425e91
  7. Why does Windows Hello not take me to desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows Hello not take me to desktop?: I recently did a "reset my PC" while leaving files in place. Now when it boots up, the Windows Hello camera turns on like it did before and the screen says Hello and my name, but then I have to choose another option. I have to click on the Pin entry option. When I give the...
  8. Laptop won't take me to desktop page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop won't take me to desktop page: Hello! I've ran into a problem on my laptop. I've had it for years now but never had this problem before. When starting it up, I've managed to get to the password screen, put my password in but then the screen won't take me to the desktop page. Last night, the page must have...
  9. Why does windows update take so long?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why does windows update take so long?: I have a Desktop computer, and on its Hard Drives, I have 3 Operating Sytems, 2 of them are Linux-based and Windows 10 is the third. Today I was on Windows to do a ZOOM meeting, and because Windows is not my daily OS, I went to shut windows and it said it had an update. so I...
  10. Why is Windows Hello so broken for me?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is Windows Hello so broken for me?: It gets so annoying, I scan my fingerprint, it says “Hello, Andrew!” like it’s about to unlock, but then it just doesn’t, and when I try to scan again it just flickers the prompt and doesn’t unlock. This gets really annoying because I have a longer password. Why is this so...