Windows 10: why does windows keep asking me to scan my fingerprint after I have already done...

Discus and support why does windows keep asking me to scan my fingerprint after I have already done... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why does windows keep asking me to scan my fingerprint when I have already done it to sign in???????????????... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mike Lavigne1, May 25, 2023.

1. why does windows keep asking me to scan my fingerprint after I have already done...

Why does windows keep asking me to scan my fingerprint when I have already done it to sign in???????????????

:)

Mike Lavigne1, May 25, 2023

2. Fingerprint won't scan properly

Hello, guys!

Please, give me any suggestion about Fingerprint.

Fingerprint won't scan properly. It couldn't finish scanning my finger

UsmonTulkunov, May 25, 2023
  3. No option for fingerprint scan login

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We're sorry to hear the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Download the
      Hardware and devices troubleshooter
      . In the
      File Download dialog box, select Open and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • If the fingerprint reader isn’t working, detach and reattach your Surface Pro 4 Type Cover with Fingerprint ID from your Surface Pro 4 and try using the fingerprint reader again.
    • If reattaching your Surface Pro 4 Type Cover with Fingerprint ID doesn’t solve the problem, try typing or using the touchpad. If neither the keyboard nor the touchpad on your Cover works, see

Troubleshoot your Surface Cover
    If the IR camera or the fingerprint reader still aren’t working:

Step 1:
    Sign in to your Surface using a different method (such as a PIN or password).

Step 2:
    Remove the scan of your face or fingerprint and set up a new scan, following the steps in

Windows Hello doesn’t recognize your face or fingerprint, and there is an error message.

Step 3:
    Sign in using Windows Hello.

If you still can’t sign in using Windows Hello, you may be having a software issue. How to fix software issues

If the IR camera on your Surface or the fingerprint reader on your Surface Pro 4 Type Cover with Fingerprint ID still isn’t working,

contact us

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, May 25, 2023
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

why does windows keep asking me to scan my fingerprint after I have already done...

Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint to sign in to Windows. It would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• When you say, “I am not getting the option to log-in into windows using fingerprint.” What login options do you see on the login screen?
    • What happens when you try to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint scanner to login to Windows?
    • Were you able to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint to login to Windows earlier?

Ideally, on the login screen, you will see Sign-in options that allows you to use different sign-in methods to login to Windows.

As you have mentioned that you are able to use the Fingerprint scanner on websites, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. On the login screen, click on Sign-in options.
    2. Click on the Fingerprint icon, scan the Fingerprint, and see if you are able to sign in.

Refer the screenshot below:

why does windows keep asking me to scan my fingerprint after I have already done... fc087693-5104-47d8-960f-4d6097885918?upload=true.jpg

If the issue persists, try removing the Fingerprint and add it again. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and click on
      Sign-in options
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Windows Hello Fingerprint and click on
      Remove.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the Fingerprint.
    5. Once done, click on Set up and follow the on-screen instructions to add the Fingerprint.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 25, 2023
Thema:

why does windows keep asking me to scan my fingerprint after I have already done...

1. why does windows keep asking me to scan my fingerprint after I have already done... - Similar Threads - why does keep

2. need to have a scan done

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need to have a scan done: I keep getting pop-ups from McAfee saying I have 5 viruses. but I don't have Mcafee I have window defender. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-have-a-scan-done/85eee9b0-bc0b-498f-9478-46e12c68e951
  3. need to have a scan done

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to have a scan done: I keep getting pop-ups from McAfee saying I have 5 viruses. but I don't have Mcafee I have window defender. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-have-a-scan-done/85eee9b0-bc0b-498f-9478-46e12c68e951
  4. need to have a scan done

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. why does windows keep asking me to scan my fingerprint after I have already done...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does windows keep asking me to scan my fingerprint after I have already done...: Why does windows keep asking me to scan my fingerprint when I have already done it to sign in??????????????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-keep-asking-me-to-scan-my/5b2f0142-b558-4f49-8b67-8a2b8cf135d9
  6. why does windows keep asking me to scan my fingerprint after I have already done...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does windows keep asking me to scan my fingerprint after I have already done...: Why does windows keep asking me to scan my fingerprint when I have already done it to sign in??????????????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-keep-asking-me-to-scan-my/5b2f0142-b558-4f49-8b67-8a2b8cf135d9
  7. Why does Microsoft keep asking me for my account password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Microsoft keep asking me for my account password?: Signing into my first new computer in a while and microsoft asks for my Email, ok I can provide that, then my password, sure got that too, then it asks me for my account password which is somehow different than my normal password? Where am I supposed to find that information...
  8. microsoft keeps asking me to sign in after i have signed in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft keeps asking me to sign in after i have signed in: after i signed in, i get a notification saying i need to sign because of safety check due to security, i sign in and everythings fine, but asks me a good few times to do it, is this glitch?...
  9. Windows Defender keeps asking me to complete a scan?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender keeps asking me to complete a scan?: I run a scan but as soon as I have rebooted and within an hour or so it asks me again? I receive the notification in the taskbar and Windows Defender turns orange and states I am unprotected. So far I have completed 3 clean scans today but after a reboot it is as if it does...
  10. Why does my user keep asking me to "sign into my microsoft account"?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why does my user keep asking me to "sign into my microsoft account"?: Its one of those security and maintenance alerts that pops up in the action center every time I restart. When I click it takes me to settings but I've already verified my ID so there doesn't seem to be anything to do. I'd appreciate any ideas... 43307