Windows 10: Why does Windows keep failing to install the 1903 and stalling at 88%

Discus and support Why does Windows keep failing to install the 1903 and stalling at 88% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So my system has been trying to install the November 1903 update for the past few months and failing every time. I just tried a few times yesterday... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stangace, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Stangace Win User

Why does Windows keep failing to install the 1903 and stalling at 88%

So my system has been trying to install the November 1903 update for the past few months and failing every time.

I just tried a few times yesterday and it kept stalling at 88% then citing error 0xc1900223

I have also tried to install it manually, it downloaded the update OK and got to about 93% install last night, but I don't know what happened after that cause it was late and I had to go to bed I left it running. But I can only assume that since itsSTILL trying to install this update that it failed.

What can I do to get this stupid thing to update?

:)

Stangace, Jan 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 update 1903 stalled

The Windows 10 feature update to version 1903 has been stalled at 88% for over 4 hours. This is the second attempt - the first downloaded, but failed to install. Does anyone have a solution?

Edit: The Windows Update Troubleshooter did not detect any problems.

MrCranky---01, Jan 20, 2020
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Jan 20, 2020
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Why does Windows keep failing to install the 1903 and stalling at 88% - Similar Threads - Why does keep

2. Why does my Windows Update keep failing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Windows Update keep failing?: I don't why, but I have this one Windows Update that keeps failing. I've tried everything I could to try to fix it, but nothing has worked. Also, every time I click "Retry all", it keeps installing "Windows 11, version 23H2" even though it's already installed. I did have my...
  3. Why does my Windows Update keep failing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Windows Update keep failing?: I don't why, but I have this one Windows Update that keeps failing. I've tried everything I could to try to fix it, but nothing has worked. Also, every time I click "Retry all", it keeps installing "Windows 11, version 23H2" even though it's already installed. I did have my...
  4. Why does my computer stall consistantly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer stall consistantly?: When I use the computer for 5 to 20 minutes, it freezes. I have to pull the plug to shot it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-stall-consistantly/1e4f1cc7-f1f7-48fb-ad9b-edeee671c4ac
  5. Why does my computer stall consistantly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer stall consistantly?: When I use the computer for 5 to 20 minutes, it freezes. I have to pull the plug to shot it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-stall-consistantly/1e4f1cc7-f1f7-48fb-ad9b-edeee671c4ac
  6. Installing windows at 88%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing windows at 88%: Hello, I have decided to do the reinstall option from settings. All ran good until now where, it is literally stuck at 88% for such a long time. It was 93 one time and then came back to 88%. Any help is welcomed. I can't do anything just the blue screen...
  7. Failed to Install 1903

Failed to Install 1903: I originally upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 when Microsoft offered the free upgrades and have never had any Windows Update issues until now... running 64 bit. Timeline: 1. Using Windows Update I tried updating to 1903 a couple of days ago and it failed to install...
  8. Windows 1903 Update Stalls at 92%

Windows 1903 Update Stalls at 92%: Hi, I've tried 5 times now to install 1903 and every time it gets through almost all of the process but on the final reboot it stalls at 92%. I've left it overnight but have to force a power down and then it recovers to the previous version. I've updated motherboard bios...
  9. 1903 update keeps failing to install

1903 update keeps failing to install: after its downloaded it install than restarts starts loading then is just stuck on loading screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1903-update-keeps-failing-to-install/0203a6de-4376-4242-97d0-5665a00160ff
  10. Windows 10 update 1903 stalled

Windows 10 update 1903 stalled: The Windows 10 feature update to version 1903 has been stalled at 88% for over 4 hours. This is the second attempt - the first downloaded, but failed to install. Does anyone have a solution?...