Windows 10: Why does Windows keep opening my NAS in my browser?

Discus and support Why does Windows keep opening my NAS in my browser? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've never had this issue, and was always able to open up my Synology NAS in Windows file explorer, but recently every time I double click my NAS, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/reddpuntoit, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Why does Windows keep opening my NAS in my browser?

I've never had this issue, and was always able to open up my Synology NAS in Windows file explorer, but recently every time I double click my NAS, it opens it in my browser. I've tried looking for solutions, but no luck. Does anyone else have this issue?

submitted by /u/reddpuntoit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/reddpuntoit, Mar 11, 2021

2. BF4 Browser Utility

New! BF4 Browser Utility v1.1

Change Log v1.1
    • New Features
      • New Switch to BF3/BF4 button.
      • New hyper-link to the Home thread in the About window.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      • Fixed - If Bf4 was open before the browser and the "Auto Refresh" was enabled the Battlelog page would not load properly.
    Download Here!

Mindweaver, Mar 11, 2021
  3. edge browser won't open

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information before we proceed

• Do you facing this issue only with few sites or with all websites?
    • Are you getting any error message when try to open?
    • Are you able to use other browsers on your system?
    • Is the Microsoft Edge Windows opens?

Step 1:

If Microsoft Edge browser opens, I would suggest you try clearing cache and cookies.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.

• Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear

• Check the boxes Browsing history,
      Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and
      files and click on Clear.
    Step 2: If the browser didn’t opens try running
    System File Checker.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 11, 2021
  4. Gino Des Win User

Why does Windows keep opening my NAS in my browser?

Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

Why does Windows keep opening my NAS in my browser?

1. Why does Windows keep opening my NAS in my browser? - Similar Threads - Why does keep

2. Why do all of my browsers keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do all of my browsers keep crashing?: I’m having issues where Chrome, Waterfox and Opera GX are all crashing and I can’t find a way to fix it. I have exhausted every fix I know of and could find online including:Turning the PC off and on;Closing the browser and restarting them;Uninstalling and reinstalling...
  3. why does windows keeps resetting the default browser, and why does everyone on this site...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does windows keeps resetting the default browser, and why does everyone on this site...: do not tell me how to set my default browser, obviously i know how to do that alreadydo not tell me to set my default browser by protocol or file type, this happens automatically when you set the default browser!tell me how to STOP windows from resetting it!please!tell me...
  4. why does windows keeps resetting the default browser, and why does everyone on this site...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does windows keeps resetting the default browser, and why does everyone on this site...: do not tell me how to set my default browser, obviously i know how to do that alreadydo not tell me to set my default browser by protocol or file type, this happens automatically when you set the default browser!tell me how to STOP windows from resetting it!please!tell me...
  5. Why do my open browser windows keep re-arranging?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do my open browser windows keep re-arranging?: Okay, so, I'm opening a window, and it says "not responding", right? But then the taskbar momentarily disappears, and then when it comes back, it has no app icons pinned to it for a few seconds. Then, when they reappear and show the open windows, I hover the arrow on the...
  6. Why do my open browser windows keep re-arranging?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my open browser windows keep re-arranging?: Okay, so, I'm opening a window, and it says "not responding", right? But then the taskbar momentarily disappears, and then when it comes back, it has no app icons pinned to it for a few seconds. Then, when they reappear and show the open windows, I hover the arrow on the...
  7. Why do my open browser windows keep re-arranging?

8. Why does my Windows Update not open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Windows Update not open?: I use Windows 11 and have a problem.So basically, I go onto settings and click onto where is says 'Windows Update' at the top right but nothing happens. I have also tried to get onto it via Start but it just opens Settings - I have even tried some Command Prompt scan thing...
  9. Why does my Windows Update not open?

Why does my Windows Update not open?: I use Windows 11 and have a problem.So basically, I go onto settings and click onto where is says 'Windows Update' at the top right but nothing happens. I have also tried to get onto it via Start but it just opens Settings - I have even tried some Command Prompt scan thing...
  10. Why does Windows update destroy my browser session?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Windows update destroy my browser session?: Because of security concerns I let Windows update automatically, big mistake. It destroys browser sessions, which can't always be restored. Browser developers have worked very hard to allow users to continue with their previous session after a shutdown. But for some...