Windows 10: Why does Windows keep shrinking my large desktop icons?

Discus and support Why does Windows keep shrinking my large desktop icons? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/gsmaciel [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gsmaciel, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Why does Windows keep shrinking my large desktop icons?

/u/gsmaciel, Mar 31, 2021

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Why does Windows keep shrinking my large desktop icons?

Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Why does Windows keep shrinking my large desktop icons?

1. Why does Windows keep shrinking my large desktop icons? - Similar Threads - Why does keep

2. why does my taskbar keep on shrinking?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does my taskbar keep on shrinking?: Hi,So i have recently noticed whenever i minimize a tab i am not working on for example Chrome if i minimize and go to home screen the taskbar shrinks from full and the start menu also disappears.How do i fix this issue?...
  3. why does my taskbar keep on shrinking?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my taskbar keep on shrinking?: Hi,So i have recently noticed whenever i minimize a tab i am not working on for example Chrome if i minimize and go to home screen the taskbar shrinks from full and the start menu also disappears.How do i fix this issue?...
  4. Why won't some desktop icons display as large?

Why won't some desktop icons display as large?: I have my desktop icons view setting set to large icons but for some reason a few icons don't upsize, they remain the same 'medium' size. Is this a Windows issue or p[roblem with the individiual apps?...
  5. Large icon shrinks when altered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large icon shrinks when altered: I just changed the size of the icons on my desktop, but I noticed that when something is put into the recycling bin, it shrinks back down to a smaller size.Anyone know how to fix this? It's kinda really aggravating....
  6. Large icon shrinks when altered

Large icon shrinks when altered: I just changed the size of the icons on my desktop, but I noticed that when something is put into the recycling bin, it shrinks back down to a smaller size.Anyone know how to fix this? It's kinda really aggravating....
  7. Large icon shrinks when altered

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. My icons keep randomly shrinking

in Windows 10 Customization
    My icons keep randomly shrinking: Hey everyone, joined the forum looking for help with this very annoying issue I'm having. So I'm on of THOSE people who like to give all their games the same circular style icons found on Deviant Art. I noticed though after a week or so that on of my new icons had shrunk,...
  9. Why does Windows keep screwing with my desktop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Windows keep screwing with my desktop?: Why does Windows keep screwing with my desktop. I want it to stop. I want it to leave it the way I set it up. I want to say much more about how I feel about the abuse of my personal space and time by a half baked OS, but this is a public forum and from the search of this...
  10. webpages keep shrinking on desktop

in Browsers and Email
    webpages keep shrinking on desktop: *Sadhello to all;I have upgraded from win 7 to win 10 and am pleased with it apart from one annoying thing.Without me touching any buttons the last three webpages I have visited shrink and all show on the desktop.When I click on any one it reverts back to its full size.It...