Windows 10: Why does windows keeps auto updating?

Discus and support Why does windows keeps auto updating? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I am using windows 10 Home edition on my HP laptop. I have disabled windows 10 auto updates because it messes with my internet during online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EquipmentExpert444, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Why does windows keeps auto updating?

Hi, I am using windows 10 Home edition on my HP laptop. I have disabled windows 10 auto updates because it messes with my internet during online classes. Even so, it keeps on updating in the background. I use metered connection but still it updates. I have made sure that it does not update during active hours but it still keeps updating in the background. The only way I have managed to disable auto update is by making a batch script that stops windows update, delivery optimization and update orechestrator service (or something like that). Does anyone know why it keeps doing that and how I can properly disable auto-updates?

submitted by /u/EquipmentExpert444
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EquipmentExpert444, Nov 18, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Why does windows keeps auto updating?

Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

M$, why must you keep digging that hole of yours deeper?

Everyone wanting to ditch Windows please step this way: Enterprise Open Source and Linux | Ubuntu

ChaoticBlankness, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Why does windows keeps auto updating?

1. Why does windows keeps auto updating? - Similar Threads - Why does keeps

2. Why does my Windows Update keep failing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Windows Update keep failing?: I don't why, but I have this one Windows Update that keeps failing. I've tried everything I could to try to fix it, but nothing has worked. Also, every time I click "Retry all", it keeps installing "Windows 11, version 23H2" even though it's already installed. I did have my...
  3. Why does my Windows Update keep failing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Windows Update keep failing?: I don't why, but I have this one Windows Update that keeps failing. I've tried everything I could to try to fix it, but nothing has worked. Also, every time I click "Retry all", it keeps installing "Windows 11, version 23H2" even though it's already installed. I did have my...
  4. Why does windows keep updating no matter what?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does windows keep updating no matter what?: I've tried to tell this worthless O.S. every way imaginable not to update anymore from calling microsoft and being walked through on how to disable updates to following all of the available online guides in removing registry keys and all sorts of b.s. but Microsoft still gets...
  5. Why does windows keep updating no matter what?

Why does windows keep updating no matter what?: I've tried to tell this worthless O.S. every way imaginable not to update anymore from calling microsoft and being walked through on how to disable updates to following all of the available online guides in removing registry keys and all sorts of b.s. but Microsoft still gets...
  6. Why does windows keep updating no matter what?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Does Windows keep installing security updates regardless if you disable auto-updates/pause...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows keep installing security updates regardless if you disable auto-updates/pause...: I noticed after restarting my computer I still got an update to go through despite pausing updates for a week. I was just wondering if it's normal behavior for security updates to continue like this.Is the only way to stop it by disabling the windows update service itself?...
  8. Does Windows keep installing security updates regardless if you disable auto-updates/pause...

Does Windows keep installing security updates regardless if you disable auto-updates/pause...: I noticed after restarting my computer I still got an update to go through despite pausing updates for a week. I was just wondering if it's normal behavior for security updates to continue like this.Is the only way to stop it by disabling the windows update service itself?...
  9. Why does the windows update keep breaking the webcam?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does the windows update keep breaking the webcam?: I really need to use the webcam for online classes so you can imagine how stressful this is. It updated once and broke the camera, so I updated windows again and the camera worked fine again. Then yesterday my brother updated it again and now the camera stopped working...
  10. Why does Auto Enhancer exist?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Auto Enhancer exist?: quite literally make it go away please. I hate Auto Enhancer. I cannot get rid of it, alas there is no option anywhere on my computer. It is impossible to decide whether or not I like my pictures because they are IMMEDIATELY edited. For no reason. In the ugliest way...