Windows 10: why does windows mail add a semicolon at end of recipient email address? This just started...

Discus and support why does windows mail add a semicolon at end of recipient email address? This just started... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; windows mail keeps adding a semicolon at the end of recipient email address, why? It never did this before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GregJohnston2, May 1, 2019.

1. why does windows mail add a semicolon at end of recipient email address? This just started...

windows mail keeps adding a semicolon at the end of recipient email address, why? It never did this before

:)

GregJohnston2, May 1, 2019
  2. Sam Vimes Win User

Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure where these come from.

The question is how can I clear this list so that I no longer get the suggestions?

Thanks

Sam Vimes, May 1, 2019
  3. Bastet Win User
    Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

That’s now the People app. why does windows mail add a semicolon at end of recipient email address? This just started... :)
    If you know the contact's name or email address & they’re listed in the People app, you can start typing the first few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will suggest matching contacts.

Bastet, May 1, 2019
  4. BulldogXX Win User

why does windows mail add a semicolon at end of recipient email address? This just started...

Semi Colon appears at end of e-mail address without being typed in

The semicolon is delimiter ('separator') between email addresses. It shows up even if you only have one recipient. It doesn't cause any trouble and your recipient doesn't see it.

BulldogXX, May 1, 2019
Thema:

why does windows mail add a semicolon at end of recipient email address? This just started...

1. why does windows mail add a semicolon at end of recipient email address? This just started... - Similar Threads - why does mail

2. E-mail does not reach the recipient in full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    E-mail does not reach the recipient in full: Hello! I am using Outlook. The latest changes to my last email were not applied and thus an outdated version of the email was sent to the recipient - I suspect due to an internet problem. Has this happened to anyone before and if so, what can I do? Thanks in advance!...
  3. Windows mail does not offer email address saved in contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows mail does not offer email address saved in contacts: Hi,In windows mail, I type the name of a person. It offers one email address associated with the contact, random email addresses that it should not have, but does not list the primary email address of the person.When I go to contacts, it does have the correct email address...
  4. Windows mail does not offer email address saved in contacts

Windows mail does not offer email address saved in contacts: Hi,In windows mail, I type the name of a person. It offers one email address associated with the contact, random email addresses that it should not have, but does not list the primary email address of the person.When I go to contacts, it does have the correct email address...
  5. Add yahoo mail address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add yahoo mail address: Is there a way to add a yahoo sbcglobal.net to a windows 8mail app? I’m trying to add it as other, but no luck. Any help will be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-yahoo-mail-address/ba38e61b-b88e-40f4-95a3-2f332aca8551
  6. Add yahoo mail address

Add yahoo mail address: Is there a way to add a yahoo sbcglobal.net to a windows 8mail app? I’m trying to add it as other, but no luck. Any help will be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-yahoo-mail-address/ba38e61b-b88e-40f4-95a3-2f332aca8551
  7. Windows 10 Mail App: Show recipient's name not email address

Windows 10 Mail App: Show recipient's name not email address: using windows 10 mail app, how do i get the recipient's name to show instead of just their email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-show-recipients-name-not-email/6e904840-3c52-4aab-81f1-27affa7c9216
  8. Add hyperlink to email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add hyperlink to email address: Need to add hyperlink to email address RMC doesn't work on WordPad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-hyperlink-to-email-address/72d46eb2-c38e-49c3-8ab6-0c1cde406099
  9. Why are these symbols < > at the start and end of my email address? What does it mean?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are these symbols < > at the start and end of my email address? What does it mean?: I signed up for the Windows 10 Mail app using my outlook email account which we'll call *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I added a gmail account in the app which we'll call *** Email address is removed for privacy *** When I sent an email from *** Email...
  10. Email to multiple recipients without revealing all addresses

in Browsers and Email
    Email to multiple recipients without revealing all addresses: I know that this can be done using BCC but there are a number of problems with that approach. One is the danger of one recipient using "reply all". Another is the fact that being among "undisclosed recipients" tends to raise suspicions that something underhand is afoot....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does a semicolon appear after email address

2. after email address keeps adding colon

3. semicolon shows at end of outlook email address

4. why does a semi colon appear on email address when i want to send