Windows 10: Why does Windows "Photo service" run when I'm away from my computer?

Discus and support Why does Windows "Photo service" run when I'm away from my computer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I leave my computer for 10 minutes, the "photos service" starts running. It will use about 50% of the cpu. When I move the mouse it will stop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CannonRebel, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Why does Windows "Photo service" run when I'm away from my computer?

If I leave my computer for 10 minutes, the "photos service" starts running. It will use about 50% of the cpu. When I move the mouse it will stop and free up the cpu. What is this service doing that it needs to run so much?

Note: this happens on all editions of Windows 10 I've run.

:)

CannonRebel, Oct 23, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 23, 2018
  3. Windows wireless service is not running on this computer?

Hi,

Thank you for updating us. It must be unfortunate that you are still facing the same issue. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click on Network Adapter.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2: Update driver manually.

I suggest you to update the Network Adapter from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.

• Extend Network adapters driver from the list.

• Right click on the Network driver and click on
      Update driver Software
    Check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Why does Windows "Photo service" run when I'm away from my computer?

Windows 10 Photos app doesn't run.

Hi,

Incompatible software installed in your PC can conflict with Windows apps and cause performance issues. We can suggest several troubleshooting steps to isolate and resolve the issue. As an initial recommendation, you can run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    . This will identify the cause of the issue and provide you further suggestions for troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists, you can uninstall the Photos app and reinstall it by doing the steps below:

• Type Windows PowerShell in the search box at the taksbar.
    • In the search results, right click on Windows PowerShell and
      Run as administrator.
    • On the Powershell prompt, type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage.
    • Press Enter.
    • Once uninstalled, you can reinstall the app from this
      link

Let us know if the suggestions above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

Why does Windows "Photo service" run when I'm away from my computer?

1. Why does Windows "Photo service" run when I'm away from my computer? - Similar Threads - Why does Photo

2. Win7 Task Manager: Why does this not go away when I Alt_Tab away from it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 Task Manager: Why does this not go away when I Alt_Tab away from it?: I've had this problem for years but just thought it was a glitch that would be remedied through an update. I was wrong. Is there any way of getting Task Manager to function properly so when you Alt_Tab away from it you see the other window/program? With mine it doesn't do...
  3. Win7 Task Manager: Why does this not go away when I Alt_Tab away from it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win7 Task Manager: Why does this not go away when I Alt_Tab away from it?: I've had this problem for years but just thought it was a glitch that would be remedied through an update. I was wrong. Is there any way of getting Task Manager to function properly so when you Alt_Tab away from it you see the other window/program? With mine it doesn't do...
  4. Windows 10 Crashes When I'm Away for a While

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Crashes When I'm Away for a While: Whenever I'm away for a while, when I come back my computer is non-responsive. The power light is on but nothing happens. I have to hit power to turn it off and back on. >Sleep and hibernate are turned off>I did a memory test and found no errors>Event viewer shows some errors...
  5. Windows 10 Crashes When I'm Away for a While

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Crashes When I'm Away for a While: Whenever I'm away for a while, when I come back my computer is non-responsive. The power light is on but nothing happens. I have to hit power to turn it off and back on. >Sleep and hibernate are turned off>I did a memory test and found no errors>Event viewer shows some errors...
  6. Windows 10 Crashes When I'm Away for a While

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Why does my old computer name never really go away?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my old computer name never really go away?: I have a backup PC that I recently started using to work from home. When I built the computer and installed the OS, I gave my user name a humorous name which is not appropriate for work. I renamed my account, but it seems my old user name still persists. For example, I...
  8. Why is a Google Analytics service running on my Win10 computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is a Google Analytics service running on my Win10 computer?: I recently observed a new process running on my computer and I would like to know how it got there and why it's needed on my computer? Is this part of the new Edge browser that uses the Chrome code or? Cheers!...
  9. Why is my computer running when it sleeps?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is my computer running when it sleeps?: I've had an issue for the last two years and it's getting really frustrating. I wasn't able to pinpoint what exactly causes the error but I'm now seeing a symptom that seems regular enough. Basically, my laptop Dell XPS 15 9550 has sleep problems. At first, I'd notice that...
  10. BSOD when away from computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when away from computer: Hey all, I am getting random crashes caused by ntoskrnl.exe when I am away from my computer. Not everytime I am away either. Haven't found another thread with the address I'm getting, so any help would be appreciated. PS in the logs there is another crash for...