Windows 10: Why does windows professional come with all the same junk as windows home?

Discus and support Why does windows professional come with all the same junk as windows home? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just noticed that skype has installed itself on a system of mine. I just want to know why when we pay the extra money for the professional version of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Matt-STL, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Matt-STL Win User

Why does windows professional come with all the same junk as windows home?

I just noticed that skype has installed itself on a system of mine. I just want to know why when we pay the extra money for the professional version of windows that it still comes with all the same junk as the home version? I know that these builds of windows can work just fine without this junk, as I'm a sysadmin and work in server 2016 and 2019 on a daily basis, and I've never had skype install itself on there, or see multiple versions of candy crush in the start menu. Why can't windows professional be a version of windows for, say, professionals? I've wondered this for years, and decided to finally get on here and post something about it. I understand Microsoft's desire to riddle their OS with junk for regular home users, they are a business and need to make money. However, windows professional is software that we pay a premium for, and it's still full of junk like skype, candy crush, and cortana. I'd very much like the ability for windows professional to be a version of windows for the workplace. </rant>

:)

Matt-STL, Jul 13, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 13, 2020
  3. cdawall Win User
    Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Weird same batch of steps I have. Mine however was fixing the issue for windows 8 users *Laugh :laugh:

cdawall, Jul 13, 2020
  4. BigMack70 Win User

Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Wait wait wait I can do it in 3 steps

Diasble Metro:
    1) Don't buy Windows 8
    2) ?????
    3) Profit!

BigMack70, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Why does windows professional come with all the same junk as windows home? - Similar Threads - Why does professional

2. Windows 10 Enterprise junk to a Windows 10 Home or Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Enterprise junk to a Windows 10 Home or Pro: Hello.Years ago, I let my younger brother mess with my computer while I went to weld some pipes and he decided to make it "better". I had Windows 8 and it worked fine for years. He put in some free internet "Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB" I didn't think much of it. It...
  3. Windows 11 Professional . THEN . same issues as . Windows 11 Home . UPDATE sound distortion...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Professional . THEN . same issues as . Windows 11 Home . UPDATE sound distortion...: Hi Technical Support at Microsoft Tonight Thursday 11 Th May 2023 when upgrading operating system fromWindows 11 Home to Windows 11 Professional found the . same issues . of sound distortion explained with this a linkCLICK . EXPLANATION of distortion sound when . Updated Is...
  4. Windows 11 Professional . THEN . same issues as . Windows 11 Home . UPDATE sound distortion...

Windows 11 Professional . THEN . same issues as . Windows 11 Home . UPDATE sound distortion...: Hi Technical Support at Microsoft Tonight Thursday 11 Th May 2023 when upgrading operating system fromWindows 11 Home to Windows 11 Professional found the . same issues . of sound distortion explained with this a linkCLICK . EXPLANATION of distortion sound when . Updated Is...
  5. Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Professional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Professional: I recently purchased an Asus VivoBook 14 X415EA laptop, which came pre-installed with Windows 11 Home. I actually had a plan of buying a Desktop PC, for which I purchased a Windows 10 Professional OEM license DVD version. From a few web search, I came to know that I can use...
  6. Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Professional

Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Professional: I recently purchased an Asus VivoBook 14 X415EA laptop, which came pre-installed with Windows 11 Home. I actually had a plan of buying a Desktop PC, for which I purchased a Windows 10 Professional OEM license DVD version. From a few web search, I came to know that I can use...
  7. Why does junk run on my PC

Why does junk run on my PC: Why does this junk run in Windows 10 ? Microsoft.BingWeatherRunTimeBrokerStandardCollector.ServiceYourPhone 139051
  8. Windows 10 Home versus Professional

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home versus Professional: I am currently using a desktop with Windows 10 home installed I am about to move to a new computer with Windows 10 Professional installed, I know that the pro version provides additional features but should all my current apps run with not changes Thanks...
  9. Windows Live Mail Junk not junk

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail Junk not junk: Hi, lots of mail going into the junk folder is not junk. I have looked for solutions and on the Help info. it says whilst the mail is displayed, select Home> etc etc ............................but where is the Home tab ? 38276
  10. Professional and Home Networking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Professional and Home Networking: Hi, My 3 Windows 10 computers are all Professional versions, and connect fine with each other in WORKGROUP. My question relates to a PC running Home version (which we may also have soon). Before we decide I want to ensure that a Home version can connect to WORKGROUP. If...