Windows 10: why does windows randomly ask me to trust certificate?

Discus and support why does windows randomly ask me to trust certificate? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; If i log into the same PC everyday, many times a day, then why randomly does it ask to trust the cert? More proof windows makes no sense and more proof... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Christoph Yorkshire, Dec 22, 2019.

1. why does windows randomly ask me to trust certificate?

If i log into the same PC everyday, many times a day, then why randomly does it ask to trust the cert? More proof windows makes no sense and more proof windows does not work.

WINDOWS 10 DOES NOT WORK!

:)

Christoph Yorkshire, Dec 22, 2019

2. N8 certificates not trusted/don't match the name

Well I worked out for myself how to verify the certificates are genuine:

• Using a desktop computer
    • Go to the page with the certificates
    • Select a certificate
    • It will say either:
      • Certificate already exists - this confirms that the certificate on the website matches one already in your browser, which we already trust, therefore the certificate on the website is trustworthy
      • Asks if you want to install the certificate, DON'T.
        • First view the certificate details.
        • Copy the certificate serial number or SHA1/SHA256/MD5/etc hash
        • Paste this into a search engine
        • If another website that you trust lists the certificate, e.g. your phone manufacturer or another trusted website (preferably a secure website, therefore you have confidence the website is genuine), then you can trust the certificate
        • If no trustworthy sites are returned in the search then try another hash or serial number
        • If you can't find any trustworthy sites listing the certificate then I suggest you don't trust it.
    • Finally, if you decide you trust a certificate then you can download and install on your phone.

CurvyClover488, Dec 22, 2019
  3. 'Update Trusted Microsoft Certificates' -- How To Do It?

Hi Paul,

I suggest you to follow the below and check if it helps.

For Microsoft Edge:

• Navigate to a web page that uses your certificate.
    • Click the Lock icon (in the web address field); the company under “Website Identification” is the company that owns the root.

For Internet Explorer:

• Navigate to a web page that uses your certificate.
    • Click the Lock icon (in the web address field).
    • Click View Certificates then Certification Path.
    • View the certificate name at the top of the Certificate Path.

Hope it helps. Update us the status of updating the Trusted Microsoft Certificates for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

why does windows randomly ask me to trust certificate?

Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program

Source: Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program to reinforce trust in the Internet | Microsoft Malware Protection Center

Brink, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

why does windows randomly ask me to trust certificate?

1. why does windows randomly ask me to trust certificate? - Similar Threads - why does randomly

2. Unable to install Trusted Certificate for WORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Trusted Certificate for WORD: Trying to run setup.exe under Win11 with trusted certificate loaded and receiving the following error:Name: MeSOWsMeCustomer.Word.V2 From: file:///C:/Temp/Deploy/MeSOWsMeCustomer.Word.V2.vsto ************** Exception Text ************** System.Security.SecurityException:...
  3. Unable to install Trusted Certificate for WORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install Trusted Certificate for WORD: Trying to run setup.exe under Win11 with trusted certificate loaded and receiving the following error:Name: MeSOWsMeCustomer.Word.V2 From: file:///C:/Temp/Deploy/MeSOWsMeCustomer.Word.V2.vsto ************** Exception Text ************** System.Security.SecurityException:...
  4. Trusted Publisher - Code Signing Certificate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trusted Publisher - Code Signing Certificate: I am working on trying code signing on my test environment and have now created a certificate template on my CA that I can request with my user. The certificate expires after one year, but in my Powershell script I give a timestamp server when signing. So the signed script...
  5. Trusted Publisher - Code Signing Certificate

Trusted Publisher - Code Signing Certificate: I am working on trying code signing on my test environment and have now created a certificate template on my CA that I can request with my user. The certificate expires after one year, but in my Powershell script I give a timestamp server when signing. So the signed script...
  6. Trusted Publisher - Code Signing Certificate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by...: Hi,I have found same Microsoft files but with different hashes have different reputations and there are some problems with signature verfication like below figure event though the signer is Microsoft Corporation. what is the reason for this issue? A certificate chain...
  8. A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by...

A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by...: Hi,I have found same Microsoft files but with different hashes have different reputations and there are some problems with signature verfication like below figure event though the signer is Microsoft Corporation. what is the reason for this issue? A certificate chain...
  9. Windows hello for business on premise certification trust

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello for business on premise certification trust: Hello, i have tried to follow guide from microsoft https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/identity-protection/hello-for-business/hello-cert-trust-adfs and upon "Configure the Registration Authority" step, i encounter error [ATTACH] This is my system...
  10. installing trusted certificates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    installing trusted certificates: I have just become aware that U can install certificates onto your computer, and before I do anything it's best I ask what are the 'pro and cons' of installing trusted certificates. * Moved from education...