Windows 10: Why does Windows restart?

Discus and support Why does Windows restart? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was working on something yesterday evening and it got late. So, I paused the VM I was working in and put the computer to sleep. The next morning, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Johannes Hillert, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Why does Windows restart?

I was working on something yesterday evening and it got late. So, I paused the VM I was working in and put the computer to sleep. The next morning, the computer is running and it did restart fully at some point during the night. My question is: what the ****? I'd say that's it.. #NotMyOS

:)

Johannes Hillert, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Why does Windows restart?

1. Why does Windows restart? - Similar Threads - Why does restart

2. Why does my computer keep restarting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer keep restarting?: A blue screen keeps coming up to restart and then as soon as it finishes it does it again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-keep-restarting/bfe4cf4e-6cca-428e-953d-156ec1115814
  3. Why does my computer keep restarting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer keep restarting?: A blue screen keeps coming up to restart and then as soon as it finishes it does it again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-keep-restarting/bfe4cf4e-6cca-428e-953d-156ec1115814
  4. why does my windows not restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my windows not restart: whenever i restart my system it just gos black screen but pc is running and a light pops up on the the corner of the motherboard. i find that if that light goes off only then it sucessfully restarts otherwise it doesnt restart. so sometimes it restarts sometimes that light...
  5. why does my windows not restart

why does my windows not restart: whenever i restart my system it just gos black screen but pc is running and a light pops up on the the corner of the motherboard. i find that if that light goes off only then it sucessfully restarts otherwise it doesnt restart. so sometimes it restarts sometimes that light...
  6. Why does my laptop keep restarting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop keep restarting?: What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-keep-restarting/821a4db4-c432-41b0-9e97-ed1bd6fbb8d9
  7. Why does my laptop keep restarting?

Why does my laptop keep restarting?: What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-keep-restarting/821a4db4-c432-41b0-9e97-ed1bd6fbb8d9
  8. Why does windows restart slower than startup?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does windows restart slower than startup?: Hi,I own a laptop with 8GB RAM and 512GB SSD. The startup and boot is fast in the laptop. Even the shut down processes is fast. But, when I restart the laptop, it takes more time to startup and boot. Why does this happen?Is it something to do with Fast Startup? If yes, Fast...
  9. Why does Restart mean the same as Update & Restart?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Restart mean the same as Update & Restart?: I have a near-6-year-old PC which is about to be replaced by a new one, but while I'm just in the process of installing software I need which I use on the current one, the current one is trying to force the 20H2 update on me. This is a PC which - when I tried to just Restart,...
  10. Why does the Windows Automatically restart?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does the Windows Automatically restart?: Just bought a new All-inOne Desktop (HP425Z) and when I am working online, for no apparent reason the computer restarts. Went to Google to lookup resolution and then to Control Panel and unchecked the automatic restart button. Thought that solved the problem. But once...