Windows 10: Why does Windows say I am running version 2009 when I check devices?

Discus and support Why does Windows say I am running version 2009 when I check devices? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to windows 10 pro using my laptop and then installed on a PC after making hardware changes. I was reviewing my settings on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by The Ant Man, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Why does Windows say I am running version 2009 when I check devices?

I recently upgraded to windows 10 pro using my laptop and then installed on a PC after making hardware changes. I was reviewing my settings on the Microsoft website and noticed that the device shows as running Windows Pro version 2009? On the actual device it says Windows 10 Pro version 20H2. What gives?

:)

The Ant Man, Jun 26, 2020

2. I keep getting a message that says I should update to the latest version, I am running both IE 11 and Windows Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• When exactly do you get this message?
    I suggest you to see if the option: Install new versions automatically is checked.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Internet Explorer

• Click on the gear icon, and select About Internet Explorer

• Check Install new versions automatically.
    Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jun 26, 2020
  3. What windows am I running?

Hi Connie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a few doubts regarding your Windows version. Let me help you.

I suggest you to go through the below steps and check your OS version in it.

• Go to Start, enter about your PC, and then select
      About your PC
    • Look under PC for Edition to find out which version and edition of Windows that your PC is running.
    • Look under PC for System type to see if you're running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.
    I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the software and check if it helps.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to install the software in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Method 1:

If issue still persists, then install the drivers for Windows 8/8.1 from the manufacturer's website in compatibility mode and check if that works.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

I hope the information helps. If not, please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Why does Windows say I am running version 2009 when I check devices?

Why does windows Freeze when I am viewing my emails

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Did you make any changes to the computer?
    • Does this happen only when you view your Emails?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key.
    • Go to Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter
      and then click Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security,
    • Click on System Maintenance and Click on Next button.

If the issues still persist, you may also run Windows Defender on your computer and check if it helps. Follow the instruction provided in the Microsoft link.

Protect your PC

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-protect-your-pc

Hope it helps. Do let us know if the issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Why does Windows say I am running version 2009 when I check devices?

1. Why does Windows say I am running version 2009 when I check devices? - Similar Threads - Why does running

2. Why is it saying that it's running when it's not?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is it saying that it's running when it's not?: I downloaded a launcher to get a game on windows 10 and I didn't have enough storage so j tried to delete it. But when I try to delete it, it says that the launcher is runinng so I can't but nothing is running. All that's running is settings bc I'm trying for delete it out of...
  3. Why is it saying that it's running when it's not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it saying that it's running when it's not?: I downloaded a launcher to get a game on windows 10 and I didn't have enough storage so j tried to delete it. But when I try to delete it, it says that the launcher is runinng so I can't but nothing is running. All that's running is settings bc I'm trying for delete it out of...
  4. Why is it saying that it's running when it's not?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my device says device encryption is on when I have windows 11 home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my device says device encryption is on when I have windows 11 home?: Why does my device says device encryption is on when I have windows 11 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-device-says-device-encryption-is-on/a33f87c7-5738-45ba-986d-6445b276953b
  6. Why does my device says device encryption is on when I have windows 11 home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my device says device encryption is on when I have windows 11 home?: Why does my device says device encryption is on when I have windows 11 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-device-says-device-encryption-is-on/a33f87c7-5738-45ba-986d-6445b276953b
  7. Why does it say not connected to internet when I am? If I try to use help it says i must...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does it say not connected to internet when I am? If I try to use help it says i must...: After latest update it says im not connected and i ran some troubleshooters keeps saying to put in security key and i have but does the same thing. it shows no internet connection yet i can use my browsers no issues....
  8. preview build-what is it and why does it say i am running on it

in Windows 10 Customization
    preview build-what is it and why does it say i am running on it: Windows is telling me I am running on a preview build and it is about to expire. What is that and why or how have I been running on it. I don't know what it is?...
  9. When checking for Window10 updates it says I'm running a version of Windows that’s nearing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When checking for Window10 updates it says I'm running a version of Windows that’s nearing...: It says i'm up to date but it also says "You’re currently running a version of Windows that’s nearing the end of service. We recommend you update to the most recent version of Windows 10 to get the latest features and security improvements." How can I get the latest version...
  10. What version of windows am I running?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What version of windows am I running?: How can I find out which version I am running? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-version-of-windows-am-i-running/500673fe-1fd6-4ba0-8a9b-13008a5c1d65