Windows 10: Why does windows service automatically disabled my windows update and can't enable it again...

Discus and support Why does windows service automatically disabled my windows update and can't enable it again... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why does windows service automatically disabled my windows update and can't enable it again and also stuck in updating with blank white screen :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tahsir Makakcha, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Why does windows service automatically disabled my windows update and can't enable it again...

Why does windows service automatically disabled my windows update and can't enable it again and also stuck in updating with blank white screen :

:)

Tahsir Makakcha, Jul 14, 2021
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jul 14, 2021
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Windows 10 update being enabled.

My experience was that disabling Windows Update service works for a while until suddenly that service is magically enabled again and starts updating everything.

W1zzard, Jul 14, 2021
  4. Knoxx29 Win User

Why does windows service automatically disabled my windows update and can't enable it again...

Windows 10 update being enabled.

Good to know, i will check later to see if it's still disabled.

Knoxx29, Jul 14, 2021
Thema:

Why does windows service automatically disabled my windows update and can't enable it again...

1. Why does windows service automatically disabled my windows update and can't enable it again... - Similar Threads - Why does service

2. why does in Windows 11 disable and re enable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does in Windows 11 disable and re enable...: in windows, when I use Winaero Tweaker disable off telemetry then I have to restart, and it's disabled. but boot again, it enables back on. when I disable the Windows 11 taskbar, I lose some features such as clipboard and screenshot. even the Xbox game bar doesn't work? what...
  3. why does in Windows 11 disable and re enable...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does in Windows 11 disable and re enable...: in windows, when I use Winaero Tweaker disable off telemetry then I have to restart, and it's disabled. but boot again, it enables back on. when I disable the Windows 11 taskbar, I lose some features such as clipboard and screenshot. even the Xbox game bar doesn't work? what...
  4. windows service disable and cannot enable it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows service disable and cannot enable it: windows service disable and cannot enable itplease anyone tell and please dont tell to reset pc plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-service-disable-and-cannot-enable-it/5def58fc-8307-4831-9345-b4d6352c9ab7
  5. Can't enable Windows Update services.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't enable Windows Update services.: So I recently bought a game on microsoft store, but it doesen't let me download it. It says I need to enable microsoft update services, yet however I tried, it just doesen't let me. I tried starting it from services.msc I tried from cmd as administrator net start wuauserv sc...
  6. Firewall service disabled and can't enable it back

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall service disabled and can't enable it back: [ATTACH] Firewall service is disabled and as you see above it's grayed out and i can't change anything , so i need help on how to fix this and turn it back on Keep in mind that this issue occurred before installing an antivirus , but i recently installed kaspersky and ran a...
  7. Windows update service disabled and cannot enable it

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update service disabled and cannot enable it: Trying to install App from Windows store but it need windows update to work. So i try start the services but when i changed the startup service it say access denied. I don't know why i can't enable it again. 113987
  8. windows automatically re-enabling Windows Update service

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows automatically re-enabling Windows Update service: I typically have the Windows Update service disabled so that i can download/install updates when i want to. However, sometime over the last month or so windows has started automatically re-enabling the Update service - I disable it... check it a few days later & it's back on...
  9. Updates disable Bluetooth, then enable it again, then disable it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updates disable Bluetooth, then enable it again, then disable it...: I'm certain I'm not the only person with this problem. Bluetooth is installed on my Samsung laptop running the latest version of Windows 10. Here's the problem: every so often a routine Windows update totally disables Bluetooth, or rather, prevents it from being discovered....
  10. Enable or Disable Windows Update Automatic Updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Windows Update Automatic Updates in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Windows Update Automatic Updates in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Automatic Updates for Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows 10 will automatically check for new Windows Updates at the time you have set in automatic maintenance. Windows...