Windows 10: Why does windows still know my wifi password after reformat and clean install via windows...

Discus and support Why does windows still know my wifi password after reformat and clean install via windows... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just reformatted my harddisk and did a clean install, but windows already knows my wifi password? is it held on my microsoft account somehow? was it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vaseth, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Vaseth Win User

Why does windows still know my wifi password after reformat and clean install via windows...

Just reformatted my harddisk and did a clean install, but windows already knows my wifi password? is it held on my microsoft account somehow? was it added to the data that windows media creator used to make my USB flash drive? if so, how do i delete all the things my account is remembering for me, and if not, how do i do an actually clean install? would i need to delete all partitions and do a secure overwrite erase with ccleaner after formatting my hdd? yes i know this will decrease the life span of my SSD but i just want a totally clean install!

:)

Vaseth, Apr 15, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Wile E Win User

Why does windows still know my wifi password after reformat and clean install via windows...

Windows Vista Clean Installation

To do a clean install on a fresh hard drive with Vista on an upgrade disc, you have to follow certain steps. Buying a full install CD would've been easier, but using the upgrade disc only adds more time, so it's not that big of a deal.

Follow the instructions here to do a clean install with an upgrade disc: Perform a Clean Install with a Vista Upgrade Disc - Windows Vista Tips / Tricks /Tutorials | Vista Rewired

Wile E, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Why does windows still know my wifi password after reformat and clean install via windows... - Similar Threads - Why does still

2. BSoD still happen after clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD still happen after clean install of Windows: After preforming a clean install of Windows 11.I received a Blue Screen of Death with a Stop code of KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. This occurred within minutes of the clean install completing and sitting at the desktop screen....
  3. BSoD still happen after clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD still happen after clean install of Windows: After preforming a clean install of Windows 11.I received a Blue Screen of Death with a Stop code of KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. This occurred within minutes of the clean install completing and sitting at the desktop screen....
  4. Why isn't my laptop detecting home wifi after windows 10 clean installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't my laptop detecting home wifi after windows 10 clean installation: I have installed widows 10 as I used a new internal SSD. During installation, my home wifi was visible and I connected to that. After installation and restart, my laptop is not showing my home wifi. Other devices in home can see the home wifi and connected, just the...
  5. Why isn't my laptop detecting home wifi after windows 10 clean installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn't my laptop detecting home wifi after windows 10 clean installation: I have installed widows 10 as I used a new internal SSD. During installation, my home wifi was visible and I connected to that. After installation and restart, my laptop is not showing my home wifi. Other devices in home can see the home wifi and connected, just the...
  6. Why isn't my laptop detecting home wifi after windows 10 clean installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Why does my windows search function not find hardly anything after a reformat?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my windows search function not find hardly anything after a reformat?: I've reinstalled all of my old stuff, but it's almost as if the drive hasn't indexed anything. For example, I downloaded Sea of Thieves from the windows Store, and this program is literally in my start menu. But, for whatever reason, windows search can't find it.. I...
  8. What drivers to install after clean install/reformat?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What drivers to install after clean install/reformat?: Just did a fresh install for my win 10, but abit clueless on the Drivers I need to install. I read from somewhere that Windows Update will just do all the work for u. And from another forum, I read that u have to install manually like the chipset Drivers. BUT IS THE CHIPSET...
  9. How to preserve Edge Passwords prior to reformat and clean install?

in Browsers and Email
    How to preserve Edge Passwords prior to reformat and clean install?: Hi, I hope the title says enough, obviously windows 10. How to preserve Edge Passwords prior to reformat and clean install? Thanks 112745
  10. Windows does not activate after clean install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows does not activate after clean install: Yesterday, I did a clean install of build 10162, and during the install, I was prompted to insert my key. I clicked skip, and now if I go to "Activation", it says "Windows is not activated". I tried this and it did not work. What should I do ? PS: I didn't receive the...