Windows 10: Why does Windows still use Edge despite Firebox set as default?

Discus and support Why does Windows still use Edge despite Firebox set as default? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have already set Firefox as my default browser, yet using Search via See Web Results still launches Edge. What's the point of me setting a default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Seloving, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Why does Windows still use Edge despite Firebox set as default?

I have already set Firefox as my default browser, yet using Search via See Web Results still launches Edge. What's the point of me setting a default browser then?

submitted by /u/Seloving
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Seloving, Dec 15, 2019

2. Unable to set up Google as default search engine in Windows Edge

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to set Google as default search engine. Here are the steps which might help you to set it as default search engine or home page.

• Open Windows edge.
    • Click on More actions (Three dots ...)
    • Click on settings.
    • Click on view advanced settings.
    • Turn on "Show the home button"
    • Enter the URL of the website which you want to set as your home page.
    • Close the Windows edge and open it again you will be able to get you desired webpage as your home page.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Unable to set default browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

To set Internet Explorer/Edge as a default browser, I suggest you to follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key and type Default Program in search and hit enter.
    • Select "Set your default programs"
    • Click on “Internet Explorer" or “Edge”.
    • Select "Set this program as default” and Click OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Why does Windows still use Edge despite Firebox set as default?

changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Rico Novice, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

Why does Windows still use Edge despite Firebox set as default?

1. Why does Windows still use Edge despite Firebox set as default? - Similar Threads - Why does still

2. Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even...: Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even after the EU ruling in 2010; and dont say its to do with non URLs...
  3. Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even...: Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even after the EU ruling in 2010; and dont say its to do with non URLs...
  4. Why is the update still running despite pause and being set to manual?

Why is the update still running despite pause and being set to manual?: I absolutely HATE Windows 10 and your hijacking of my computer whenever you decide I need updates. I bought a gaming rig to game and despite following every instruction to keep it from running while I'm actually using the computer, so very nice of you to give me a few hour...
  5. Why is the update still running despite pause and being set to manual?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is the update still running despite pause and being set to manual?: I absolutely HATE Windows 10 and your hijacking of my computer whenever you decide I need updates. I bought a gaming rig to game and despite following every instruction to keep it from running while I'm actually using the computer, so very nice of you to give me a few hour...
  6. Preview handler defaults to MS Edge despite Edge not being default PDF viewer

Preview handler defaults to MS Edge despite Edge not being default PDF viewer: I have an issue where the default PDF preview handler that drives the Preview pane in MS explorer as well as in MS outlook, defaults to an MS Edge base preview handler. The only way I know of setting it back is by triggering the set to default .pdf reader within my default...
  7. Preview handler defaults to MS Edge despite Edge not being default PDF viewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview handler defaults to MS Edge despite Edge not being default PDF viewer: I have an issue where the default PDF preview handler that drives the Preview pane in MS explorer as well as in MS outlook, defaults to an MS Edge base preview handler. The only way I know of setting it back is by triggering the set to default .pdf reader within my default...
  8. Preview handler defaults to MS Edge despite Edge not being default PDF viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge: Usually web links open correctly in the default browser that I've selected under Settings > Apps > Default Apps. But some web links seemto ignore this and always open in Edge. Here's an example - a weblink from Settings > Personalization>Taskbar: [ATTACH] Surely ALL...
  10. Search opens Edge despite default browser not being Edge.

in Cortana
    Search opens Edge despite default browser not being Edge.: If I click the Start button on my keyboard and start typing, the start menu is eventually going to show me a "Best Match". If I click the "Best Match" when it's a website, Edge will start, loading Bing results for whatever I've entered as a search term. Three things wrong...