Windows 10: Why does Windows try to sign in automatically and how can I disable it ?

Discus and support Why does Windows try to sign in automatically and how can I disable it ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TechieNikhil [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TechieNikhil, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Why does Windows try to sign in automatically and how can I disable it ?

/u/TechieNikhil, Dec 5, 2020

2. Best method to disable Vista/Vista 64 driver signing?

Black Ice:

It's not a matter of "try". The bcdedit command is not fully consistent and reliable for some folks.

So far, to me, it seems the third choice always locks (disables) the driver signing. If that is the case for anyone who uses it, then that would suggest it is the more reliable and consistent method of the ones I've listed, anyway.

Thanks for your feedback.

crchickadee, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup  

Hello sciencegal, Why does Windows try to sign in automatically and how can I disable it ? :)

You can have Windows automatically sign in to a local account or Microsoft account. It doesn't matter.

Is you account listed more than once in netplwiz? Double check to make sure that you have selected the correct account in step 3 Option 1.

The password is case sensitive, so be sure to enter it exactly for it to work properly.

Brink, Dec 5, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

Why does Windows try to sign in automatically and how can I disable it ?

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Why does Windows try to sign in automatically and how can I disable it ?

1. Why does Windows try to sign in automatically and how can I disable it ? - Similar Threads - Why does try

2. why can i sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    why can i sign in: Tying to sign into my computer and it keeps telling me my password is wrong when it asks me to re enter it Correlation Id: 9775f57d10200007430977972010da01 Timestamp: 2023-11-05T19:57:26.922Z...
  3. why can i sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can i sign in: Tying to sign into my computer and it keeps telling me my password is wrong when it asks me to re enter it Correlation Id: 9775f57d10200007430977972010da01 Timestamp: 2023-11-05T19:57:26.922Z...
  4. why can i sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I disable automatic startup of the Surface app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable automatic startup of the Surface app?: My Surface Laptop Studio came shipped with the Surface app. It helped me set up my Surface peripherals like the Surface Slim Pen. Great stuff.What's bugging me, is the fact that after some update, this app seems to start automatically. It shows that I have a Windows update to...
  6. How can I disable automatic startup of the Surface app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I disable automatic startup of the Surface app?: My Surface Laptop Studio came shipped with the Surface app. It helped me set up my Surface peripherals like the Surface Slim Pen. Great stuff.What's bugging me, is the fact that after some update, this app seems to start automatically. It shows that I have a Windows update to...
  7. How do I disable automatic sign into outlook/hotmail.com email account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I disable automatic sign into outlook/hotmail.com email account?: How do I disable automatic sign into outlook/hotmail.com email account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-automatic-sign-into/4cc97fd7-6197-4458-a8e7-6be94e045e42"
  8. Why does the Windows Automatically restart?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does the Windows Automatically restart?: Just bought a new All-inOne Desktop (HP425Z) and when I am working online, for no apparent reason the computer restarts. Went to Google to lookup resolution and then to Control Panel and unchecked the automatic restart button. Thought that solved the problem. But once...
  9. How can I disable automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I disable automatic updates?: I would have thought Windows 10 was intelligent enough to abide by the "active hours" criteria in update settings. However, I cam into my business today at 2pm(active hours set for 8-5), all to find my system said it was preparing to install updates. Must have been a huge...
  10. How can I disable automatic driver / device installation?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I disable automatic driver / device installation?: Hi. This is not exactly win 10 specific question, i had same problem in win 7, but now that i'm on win 10, that problem is still there. here's what's going on: I have high-end gaming PC with GTX 980 and 4k monitor and 1080p monitor as secondary. 4k Monitor is connected...