Windows 10: Why does windows update apps when you launch them

Discus and support Why does windows update apps when you launch them in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Ok so when i launched word, it started updating office. And when launching calendar, it started updating too. Why does windows think that the time to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Jeff Peeseps, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Why does windows update apps when you launch them

Ok so when i launched word, it started updating office. And when launching calendar, it started updating too. Why does windows think that the time to automatically update an app is when you want to use it. Its very inconvenient, why dont they update when you arent using your device, like a system update? Another time i was in the middle of working on a word document, and the app crashed and it was UPDATING! Thankfully i turned on autosave not too long before.

:)

Jeff Peeseps, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

Windows 10 Apps are unable to launch

Hi Deep,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with launching apps. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect App settings.

• App is corrupt.
    Before starting the troubleshooting steps, I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it helps. If not, try these steps:

Method 1:

Let's run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to re-register all Windows Store Apps by running the following commands in a CMD window started as Administrator:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register
    "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Lim8888 Win User

Why does windows update apps when you launch them

Windows 10 Apps are unable to launch

I tried the steps given and restarted my computer. Now I guess its even worse. There is no response at all after I clicked on all those apps, except for the apps that have just reinstalled which I had uninstalled it long ago. Please reply asap.

Lim8888, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Why does windows update apps when you launch them

1. Why does windows update apps when you launch them - Similar Threads - Why does update

2. Why does Microsoft launch extraneous processes in Windows when the computer starts?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does Microsoft launch extraneous processes in Windows when the computer starts?: I regularly check my computer and I see that processes that I did not run are running in the shadow. These are the processes of tracking and collecting information about the user. I purchased this product from Microsoft. This is not free software. Reason for spying?...
  3. Microsoft store apps not launching any of them

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store apps not launching any of them: So, I tried to launch Halo yesterday, an app that I got on the Microsoft store. It didn't respond for 10 minutes and then gave me a windows error pop up saying "Can't open app, look in the store for more info" the store tells me nothing but the product description. Today I...
  4. Does Microsoft Support call you when you are in chat with them?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does Microsoft Support call you when you are in chat with them?: I have been going crazy trying to find out why my pc feels so insecure...I have reinstalled Win 10 what feels like a million times, fiddled with Windows Defender Firewall settings, Network Adapter Settings, blocking apps, turning off what apps can access what, etc etc etc. I...
  5. Why does Windows 10 force you to update even when you specifically choose the option to...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does Windows 10 force you to update even when you specifically choose the option to...: Why does Windows 10 force you to update even when you specifically choose the option to only restart instead of "restart and update"?Because of this update running WITHOUT my permission, when the power went out a moment later, it bricked my OS and now it simply loops...
  6. why does my setting not launches?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does my setting not launches?: why can't i open my setting in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-setting-not-launches/1b366683-c0b0-41ec-9189-449c991ece6a
  7. Why does Window 10 insists on restarting when you select Update and Shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Window 10 insists on restarting when you select Update and Shutdown: Why does Window 10 insist on restarting when you select Update and SHUTDOWN!? I have a Dell Latitude 5490 with Windows 10 version 20H2. Restart has not worked for a while tried resetting power & sleep settings, system file checker, etc. and still did not fix issue. Windows...
  8. Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.: my computer updated with another windows update, upon this the Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched. i have tried a reset on app, uninstall and reinstall. still not working...
  9. When you update manually does it reinstall windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When you update manually does it reinstall windows?: When you update manually does it reinstall windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-you-update-manually-does-it-reinstall-windows/5ebde9bc-e783-4f05-9066-5cf78efdbfa0
  10. Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.: Hi Microsoft Community, I really hope that you can provide a possible solution to my problem. I'm an employee working for an MNC and supporting internal users. One of my user has a problem with Windows calculator app. The Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes...