Windows 10: Why does Windows update destroy my browser session?

Discus and support Why does Windows update destroy my browser session? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Because of security concerns I let Windows update automatically, big mistake. It destroys browser sessions, which can't always be restored. Browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LIES!, Dec 13, 2018.

1. LIES! Win User

Why does Windows update destroy my browser session?

Because of security concerns I let Windows update automatically, big mistake.

It destroys browser sessions, which can't always be restored.

Browser developers have worked very hard to allow users to continue with their previous session after a shutdown.

But for some reasons Windows insists on destroying that.

Now I've turned Windows update off, too expensive.

If you want people to automatically update, don't rip them apart when you do that.

Hibernate doesn't work on my machine either, but I guess that doesn't matter when update breaks my stuff anyway.

:)

LIES!, Dec 13, 2018

2. BF4 Browser Utility

New! BF4 Browser Utility v1.2

Change Log v1.2
    • New Features
      • New Icon.
      • New Type "about:config" in the address bar and click "Go" or press Enter on your keyboard to display the list of preferences for the GeckoFX browser.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      • Fixed - On the update window when you click "Yes" to get the update would take you to the old "BF3 Browser Utility" page. Now it takes you to the correct page.
    Download Here!

Mindweaver, Dec 13, 2018
  3. BF4 Browser Utility

Why does Windows update destroy my browser session? LogoBrowser.png

New! BF4 Browser Utility v1.2

This Browser will reduce the amount of memory a regular browser uses to View the Battlelog. This browser works for BF3 and BF4. Enjoy! *Toast :toast:

Change Log v1.2
    • New Features
      • New Icon.
      • New Type "about:config" in the address bar and click "Go" or press Enter on your keyboard to display the list of preferences for the GeckoFX browser.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
      • Fixed - On the update window when you click "Yes" to get the update would take you to the old "BF3 Browser Utility" page. Now it takes you to the correct page.
    Spoiler: Screen Shots
    Why does Windows update destroy my browser session? Main.jpg

Why does Windows update destroy my browser session? Refresh.jpg

Why does Windows update destroy my browser session? about.jpg

Spoiler: Previous Change Logs Change Log v1.1
    • New Features
      • New Switch to BF3/BF4 button.
      • New hyper-link to the Home thread in the About window.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
      • Fixed - If Bf4 was open before the browser and the "Auto Refresh" was enabled the Battlelog page would not load properly.
    Spoiler: Bug alert No bugs in this release yet!
    Spoiler: BF4 Browser Utility Disclaimer Disclaimer
    • The "BF4 Browser Utility" is provided as is without any guarantees or warranty.
    • The author is under no obligation to provide support, service, corrections, or upgrades to the "BF4 Browser Utility".
    • The posted file is in no way associated with "techpowerup!". Please direct any issues or questions in this thread.
    • By executing or Downloading the "BF4 Browser Utility" you agree to these terms.
    Spoiler: Requirements Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5 - Download
    Download Here!

Mindweaver, Dec 13, 2018
  4. yountmg Win User

Cumulative Update KB4338819 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.165 - July 10

This update totally destroyed me, which was not totally unexpected.

I have noticed that update issues are fairly common occurrences.

Microsoft must have a site that lists step by step actions that they want you to take when Windows 10 Updates and trashes a system?

Does such a site exist? Where do I go to get help?

Recovering Windows 10 After an Update

Step 1:
    sfc /scannow

Step 2:
    Dism

Step 3:
    etc.. Uninstall Video Drivers and reinstall

yountmg, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Why does Windows update destroy my browser session? - Similar Threads - Why does update

2. Why does my Focus Session on Windows Clock stop before the session is over?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Focus Session on Windows Clock stop before the session is over?: Every time I start the focus session, the session automatically stops, when there are 24 minutes left in my session. Is there any way to fix this? I have tried repairing, resetting, and uninstalling the app, but it doesn't fix anything.---System Info---Windows 11 HomeDell...
  3. Why does my Focus Session on Windows Clock stop before the session is over?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Focus Session on Windows Clock stop before the session is over?: Every time I start the focus session, the session automatically stops, when there are 24 minutes left in my session. Is there any way to fix this? I have tried repairing, resetting, and uninstalling the app, but it doesn't fix anything.---System Info---Windows 11 HomeDell...
  4. Why Does Windows Destroy the AMD OEM and Manufacturer's Drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Does Windows Destroy the AMD OEM and Manufacturer's Drivers?: The only way to stop Windows from ruining my graphics capability that I have purchased is to disable Windows update. The useless feature in advanced settings does NOT stop updating and destroying my ability to use AMD's software to control advanced features of their...
  5. Why does the Automatic Microsoft Windows Update Destroy Your Laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Automatic Microsoft Windows Update Destroy Your Laptop?: I can't believe Microsoft is destroying everyone's laptops with their Automatic Windows Update. It turns on a Bitlocker Lockup Blue Screen with no Recovery Key and makes your laptop inaccessible. If you follow their instructions, it takes you to a screen the says" Try another...
  6. Why does the Automatic Microsoft Windows Update Destroy Your Laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does the Automatic Microsoft Windows Update Destroy Your Laptop?: I can't believe Microsoft is destroying everyone's laptops with their Automatic Windows Update. It turns on a Bitlocker Lockup Blue Screen with no Recovery Key and makes your laptop inaccessible. If you follow their instructions, it takes you to a screen the says" Try another...
  7. Why does windows update not respect my default browser selection?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does windows update not respect my default browser selection?: When windows updates, it fails to use my default app browser selection. Last week I tried edge for a couple of days, one morning as I was buying and selling stocks I got 4 messages with alarms indicating Edge wanted to sell me 4 games within one minute. The alarms sounded...
  8. Why does my bluetooth vanish midway my usage session?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my bluetooth vanish midway my usage session?: I'm using an HP 15s-gr0xxx on a Windows 10 20H2, OS build 19042.804. I use my laptop for a lot of content consumption and this problem has been bugging me ever since I got this laptop 5 months ago. Basically, it occurs anytime between and hour to 5-6 hours after I switch...
  9. Why does my blue vanish midway my usage session?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my blue vanish midway my usage session?: I'm using an HP 15s-gr0xxx on a Windows 10 20H2, OS build 19042.804. I use my laptop for a lot of content consumption and this problem has been bugging me ever since I got this laptop 5 months ago. Basically, it occurs anytime between and hour to 5-6 hours after I switch...
  10. Win 10 Update Destroyed My Settings - Why?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Update Destroyed My Settings - Why?: Hello, I bought a new PC several months ago and decided to do the free upgrade from Win 8 to Win 10. No problem on that. Yesterday I got a Win 10 notification that some important updates were needed, so I clicked OK (or Submit) . The following day a lot of rather...