Windows 10: Why does Windows update install intel media drivers

Discus and support Why does Windows update install intel media drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; First time I'm seeing these two updates pushed. I'm not using any Intel GPU. Why does Windows update push these? [img] 132465 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Forceflow, May 12, 2019.

1. Forceflow Win User

Why does Windows update install intel media drivers

First time I'm seeing these two updates pushed. I'm not using any Intel GPU.
    Why does Windows update push these?

Why does Windows update install intel media drivers [​IMG]

:)

Forceflow, May 12, 2019

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, May 12, 2019
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, May 12, 2019
  4. Why does Windows update install intel media drivers

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver not compatible with Windows 10

Hi Jae,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

Some programs and/or drivers might not work as expected in Windows 10 as some manufacturers are still in the process of manufacturing the new definitions of the drivers.

In this case, you can download an older version of the driver and install it in compatibility mode with a compatible version of Windows.

For example, you can download Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator version compatible to Windows 7 and install in compatibility mode in Windows 10. Refer to the following steps:

Step 1: Download and save the driver on the desktop from the following link.

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows* 7(exe)

Step 2: Install the driver in compatibility mode.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.
    • Go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:
    • Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.
    • Click OK.
    • Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Reboot your computer.
    Check with the issue. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Why does Windows update install intel media drivers

1. Why does Windows update install intel media drivers - Similar Threads - Why does update

2. why does media creator tool not install on windows 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does media creator tool not install on windows 8: media creator does not insatll on windows 8 Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-media-creator-tool-not-install-on-windows/c3de55b6-bb6c-470d-8dda-640bc0046d1f
  3. why does media creator tool not install on windows 8

why does media creator tool not install on windows 8: media creator does not insatll on windows 8 Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-media-creator-tool-not-install-on-windows/fbc37c82-17a1-4633-a8a2-ab32f17836cd
  4. Why Windows Update Keeps Installing Old Version Of Intel UHD Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Windows Update Keeps Installing Old Version Of Intel UHD Drivers: I have a Windows 11 Operating System and I have installed Intel Driver And Support Assistant and I have updated to the latest version of Intel UHD graphics i.e 31.0.101.3413 but every time I check for updates in Settings it shows that update of Intel UHD Drivers are available...
  5. Why Windows Update Keeps Installing Old Version Of Intel UHD Drivers

Why Windows Update Keeps Installing Old Version Of Intel UHD Drivers: I have a Windows 11 Operating System and I have installed Intel Driver And Support Assistant and I have updated to the latest version of Intel UHD graphics i.e 31.0.101.3413 but every time I check for updates in Settings it shows that update of Intel UHD Drivers are available...
  6. Why does the driver installation ask for A:\

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does the driver installation ask for A:\: Microsoft Windows has improved very greatly from the times of DOS, WINDOWs 3.1, I am surprised to see why the developers do not notice and remove this a:\ from the driver installation pop-up? Who in this world is using a floppy drive? or MAP a Drive as A:\...
  7. intel driver updater not installing

in Windows 10 Customization
    intel driver updater not installing: Hi my intel driver updater is not working:log file :[35AC:3300][2021-08-18T18:00:14]i001: Burn v3.11.2.4516, Windows v10.0 Build 19042: Service Pack 0, path:...
  8. Windows update with intel drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update with intel drivers: I recently changed hardware from intel to amd and got rid of the intel graphics drivers but windows update wants to reinstall them. is it a registry thing?...
  9. Why does Windows Update downgrades the display driver for Intel HD 5500?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does Windows Update downgrades the display driver for Intel HD 5500?: I have a Lenovo Yoga 500-15IBD notebook with an Intel Core i3-5020 CPU and an integrated Intel HD Graphics 5500. I commonly use the Intel Driver and Support Assistant to update my drivers and it updated the graphics driver a few months ago to version 15.40 (20.19.15.5063)....
  10. default in installation of intel driver update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    default in installation of intel driver update.: Hi , my name is Srivathssan . I can't install my intel corporation driver update for Intel (R) HD Graphics 4000. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-in-installation-of-intel-driver-update/57e71329-1e15-402c-8961-95a1ce691bd5