Windows 10: Why does windows update not respect my default browser selection?

Discus and support Why does windows update not respect my default browser selection? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When windows updates, it fails to use my default app browser selection. Last week I tried edge for a couple of days, one morning as I was buying and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by cyrilmusoleno, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Why does windows update not respect my default browser selection?

When windows updates, it fails to use my default app browser selection. Last week I tried edge for a couple of days, one morning as I was buying and selling stocks I got 4 messages with alarms indicating Edge wanted to sell me 4 games within one minute. The alarms sounded like my brokerage software and that my stocks were in trouble. You can imagine my horror.

My requests, Never launch edge unless it is set as my default browser. Never try to sell me something I don't want. Never sound alarms to tell me you have something to sell me.

Better yet allow me to uninstall edge. Now that you know why and how I feel can you help me?

How about selling me windows on a monthly basis of 3.00 per month. Basically 199 dollars for pro over the life of the machine for 5 years. I would pay that to have the right to uninstall EDGE and have Microsoft respect may selections. Why not combine it with office?

Thanks,

:)

cyrilmusoleno, Feb 28, 2021
  2. Homeless Win User

GPU-Z updater not respecting default browser

Is there any way to have GPU-Z use the browser I have set as default instead of opening up Edge when clicking the update now button? On Windows 10x64 if that makes a difference.

Homeless, Feb 28, 2021
  3. GPU-Z updater not respecting default browser

weird, it uses firefox when i do it.....atleast i believe it does. do You have your preferred browser set in Windows settings?

right click taskbar /settings/ default apps/etc..

jboydgolfer, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Homeless Win User

Why does windows update not respect my default browser selection?

GPU-Z updater not respecting default browser

I have firefox set as default browser and it always opens edge

Homeless, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Why does windows update not respect my default browser selection?

1. Why does windows update not respect my default browser selection? - Similar Threads - Why does update

2. Remove default browser selection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove default browser selection: I am using Edge for work and Chrome for private browsing. As such, I would like to get the dialogue box asking what browser to use when I press a link. How can I achieve this? E.g. how can I remove the default browser setting in Windows 10?...
  3. Remove default browser selection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove default browser selection: I am using Edge for work and Chrome for private browsing. As such, I would like to get the dialogue box asking what browser to use when I press a link. How can I achieve this? E.g. how can I remove the default browser setting in Windows 10?...
  4. Remove default browser selection

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. why does windows keeps resetting the default browser, and why does everyone on this site...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does windows keeps resetting the default browser, and why does everyone on this site...: do not tell me how to set my default browser, obviously i know how to do that alreadydo not tell me to set my default browser by protocol or file type, this happens automatically when you set the default browser!tell me how to STOP windows from resetting it!please!tell me...
  6. why does windows keeps resetting the default browser, and why does everyone on this site...

why does windows keeps resetting the default browser, and why does everyone on this site...: do not tell me how to set my default browser, obviously i know how to do that alreadydo not tell me to set my default browser by protocol or file type, this happens automatically when you set the default browser!tell me how to STOP windows from resetting it!please!tell me...
  7. Why does Microsoft Edge launch when Chrome is my default browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft Edge launch when Chrome is my default browser?: I am using Windows 11 and have Chrome configured to handle all available file types. Microsoft Edge still launches from the lock screen and from other places without my consent. How do you stop this frustrating behavior? Isn't this illegal?...
  8. Why does Microsoft Edge launch when Chrome is my default browser?

Why does Microsoft Edge launch when Chrome is my default browser?: I am using Windows 11 and have Chrome configured to handle all available file types. Microsoft Edge still launches from the lock screen and from other places without my consent. How do you stop this frustrating behavior? Isn't this illegal?...
  9. Why does Internet Settings not show my Default Web Browser?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does Internet Settings not show my Default Web Browser?: Many months ago, on my Windows 10 laptop, I went to Default Apps > Web Browser and changed to Microsoft Edge. However, every now and again, I get messages from various internet sites saying my browser is not supported. When I then look at Internet Options > Programs, this...
  10. Why does Windows update destroy my browser session?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Windows update destroy my browser session?: Because of security concerns I let Windows update automatically, big mistake. It destroys browser sessions, which can't always be restored. Browser developers have worked very hard to allow users to continue with their previous session after a shutdown. But for some...