Windows 10: Why does windows update remove some of my apps and change my settings and with no warning...

Discus and support Why does windows update remove some of my apps and change my settings and with no warning... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why does windows update remove some of my apps and change my settings and with no warning or explanation?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MalcolmManford, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Why does windows update remove some of my apps and change my settings and with no warning...

Why does windows update remove some of my apps and change my settings and with no warning or explanation?

:)

MalcolmManford, Aug 31, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Aug 31, 2019
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Why does windows update remove some of my apps and change my settings and with no warning...

Creator Update & Windows 10 Mail App Problem

Hi Barry,

It seems that the settings might have changed after the Creators update was installed. We suggest that you check the settings in Notifications & actions. To do that, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and then System.
    • Click on Notifications & actions.
    • Under Show notification from these apps, turn On the Banner, Sounds for the Mail app.
    You may also try to remove your email account and re-add it in the mail app.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you run the Window app troubleshooter to scan and fix problems with the app. To run the troubleshooter, click on this

link

Feel free to post back and update us with the results after performing the suggested steps.

Regards.

Mark Ole, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Why does windows update remove some of my apps and change my settings and with no warning...

1. Why does windows update remove some of my apps and change my settings and with no warning... - Similar Threads - Why does update

2. Why in taskbar settings there is a warning some settings are managed by your organisation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why in taskbar settings there is a warning some settings are managed by your organisation: I don't have any work or school accounts on my PC but this warning is showing up. And I'm unable to see many customisation on taskbar. I have a genuine windows. Also unable to use copilot as well....
  3. Why in taskbar settings there is a warning some settings are managed by your organisation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why in taskbar settings there is a warning some settings are managed by your organisation: I don't have any work or school accounts on my PC but this warning is showing up. And I'm unable to see many customisation on taskbar. I have a genuine windows. Also unable to use copilot as well....
  4. why some windows features does not working for my?

why some windows features does not working for my?: hi recently I changed my old C drive with a new SSD but now I have some couple problems with some windows features like clipboard and snip & sketch and my old game don't even run. What can I do for this problem?when I am running my games, this error shows up:ACC.exe - System...
  5. Why does my Settings app not load?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Settings app not load?: HELP!My settings app won't load. It just shows up the logo then it automatically closes. Can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-settings-app-not-load/1fc42c08-66d0-44e8-af62-b2d6e049e568
  6. Why does my Settings app not load?

Why does my Settings app not load?: HELP!My settings app won't load. It just shows up the logo then it automatically closes. Can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-settings-app-not-load/1fc42c08-66d0-44e8-af62-b2d6e049e568
  7. Why does the settings app not change language?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does the settings app not change language?: Hi, We recently change the language on a Windows 10 laptop from English to Danish. Everything on the PC apers to have change language except for the settings menu. What's even weirder is that some parts of the settings menu is in English like the first page and language...
  8. Why does Windows 10 keep changing my default apps?

Why does Windows 10 keep changing my default apps?: In the past my default apps would reset every 6 weeks or so - now it is happening within a matter of two hours. This is super frustrating....
  9. Why does it say in settings that some settings are hidden or managed by my organisation?

Why does it say in settings that some settings are hidden or managed by my organisation?: Whenever I go onto settings some of them are grayed out and at the top of that page it will say in red: *Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation. I am not in an organisation and I am not connected to a work account so why is this happening, please reply...
  10. Why does Windows10 keep changing my power settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does Windows10 keep changing my power settings: I seem to locked in a deadly struggle with Windows10 over the power settings on a new PC. I do not want the screen going to sleep. I do not want the machine to hibernate. Yet, every week or so - this week now TWICE - Windows10 has reset my PC so the screen goes black after...