Windows 10: Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?

Discus and support Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,i had a large copy job running, copying data from my local disc to a server via SMB. Over night "MoUsoCoreWorker.exe", which i believe is part of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Heiko Jakob, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?

Hi,i had a large copy job running, copying data from my local disc to a server via SMB. Over night "MoUsoCoreWorker.exe", which i believe is part of Windows Update, restarted the machine, aborting my copy job, and leaving me with a bunch of missing or unfinished files on the server.Why does Update check for rebooting the machine at night, but doesn't check for running jobs before rebooting?With best regardsHeiko

:)

Heiko Jakob, Apr 24, 2024
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Apr 24, 2024
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Apr 24, 2024
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

Thema:

Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?

1. Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ? - Similar Threads - Why does Update

2. Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?: Hi,i had a large copy job running, copying data from my local disc to a server via SMB. Over night "MoUsoCoreWorker.exe", which i believe is part of Windows Update, restarted the machine, aborting my copy job, and leaving me with a bunch of missing or unfinished files on the...
  3. why does my windows not restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my windows not restart: whenever i restart my system it just gos black screen but pc is running and a light pops up on the the corner of the motherboard. i find that if that light goes off only then it sucessfully restarts otherwise it doesnt restart. so sometimes it restarts sometimes that light...
  4. why does my windows not restart

why does my windows not restart: whenever i restart my system it just gos black screen but pc is running and a light pops up on the the corner of the motherboard. i find that if that light goes off only then it sucessfully restarts otherwise it doesnt restart. so sometimes it restarts sometimes that light...
  5. Why does my computer restart while asleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer restart while asleep?: For the last month or so sometimes when my computer is asleep it will have restarted and the programs I had open will not be open due to the restart. I'm not sure what's causing this issue and would greatly appreciate any help....
  6. Why does my computer restart while asleep?

Why does my computer restart while asleep?: For the last month or so sometimes when my computer is asleep it will have restarted and the programs I had open will not be open due to the restart. I'm not sure what's causing this issue and would greatly appreciate any help....
  7. Copy machine to machine.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Copy machine to machine.: Used to be ! I run a few W-10 here and I like to keep some of them "twins", specially my Documents. It used to be that I could save all of this folder onto a small RAM and then copy it back to another Documents on any other machine. No mas ! When it was possible, it would...
  8. File copy between machines

File copy between machines: I have a new Win 10 machine and I want to copy the People file from the old machine to the new. Both are HP machines, and both run the latest Win 10 updates. Can this be done ?...
  9. Copy files from Windows machine to Linux machine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy files from Windows machine to Linux machine: Hi All, I wanted to copy a folder of files from windows EC2 to Linux EC2, I have tried pscp but it is asking pem key file to validate, its in production so i dont wanted to use that. I am using both the machines in windows AD, so is there way to validate the authentication...
  10. Why does my machine say "not responding"?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my machine say "not responding"?: When I'm on google browser, and I am looking at something, often times my laptop says "not responding" and it just stops working. Also I have seen "preparing security issues". Seems like am awful lot of updates. Either way it is annoying....