Windows 10: why does winrar and pinning the bin to the taskbar not work?

Discus and support why does winrar and pinning the bin to the taskbar not work? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; bin - pin on taskbar - its still not there. winrar: where is "extract here"? nowhere. i have to open the folder manually and then drag all the files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kaitrii, Dec 19, 2020.

1. why does winrar and pinning the bin to the taskbar not work?

bin - pin on taskbar - its still not there.

winrar: where is "extract here"? nowhere. i have to open the folder manually and then drag all the files into the other folder manually. 2 hours and i alrdy regret giving up win 7.

and ofc when i start a game it tells me "0cx000007b" which google tells me is a problem that only happens on win 10. aka i cant play my steam game now?

2 hours and i alrdy think win 10 is garbage. any help would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/Kaitrii
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kaitrii, Dec 19, 2020
  2. MartinDK Win User

Can't Pin Windows 10 Recycle Bin to Taskbar

Hi - you can fix this problem by first creating a shortcut for the recyle bin. Once you've done this you'll be able to pin it to your start menu and the taskbar. For some reason if you don't use a shortcut you can only pin the recycle bin to the start menu
    and not the taskbar. So here are the steps you need to do in full..

• go to desktop and make sure you've got 'show desktop' icons selected so you can view the desktop icons including the recyle bin.
    • right click the recycle bin and choose the option to create a shortcut. This creates a short cut icon to the recyle bin on the desktop (yes, of itself pretty useless but it is this that fixes the problem for us!)
    • now select and right click the shortcut you created in Step 2. above and choose the option to 'pin to start'. This creates a tile on your start menu to the recycle bin.
    • goto the Start Menu and choose the recyle bin tile you created in step 3. right click this and you'll now see there is an option to pin it so the taskbar. All should now be working and you'll have a shortcut to your recycle bin on both your start menu and
      on the taskbar.

Quite why MS should make achieving this simple objective so very difficult is one of the great mystries of the 21st Century!?

MartinDK, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Cliff S Win User
    Who Wants a Fully Working Recycle Bin Icon in the Windows 10 Taskbar?

Shawn your option TWO is basically the same as my way, except I just use the bin in desktop toolbar, but most of the other steps are the same.(And yours is written nicer with picswhy does winrar and pinning the bin to the taskbar not work? :))

Cliff S, Dec 19, 2020
  4. kreed66 Win User

why does winrar and pinning the bin to the taskbar not work?

windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

I added a third step to the first suggestion, which worked for me:

1. Choose start> All apps,

2. Scroll to the application you want to pin, right click and then click
    Pin to taskbar.

3. When the desired icon tile appears in the desktop box, left click on it and drag it into the task bar.

kreed66, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

why does winrar and pinning the bin to the taskbar not work?

1. why does winrar and pinning the bin to the taskbar not work? - Similar Threads - why does winrar

2. How to Pin Recycle Bin on Taskbar Windows 10 21H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Pin Recycle Bin on Taskbar Windows 10 21H2: Hello, I was using Win10 and I wanna pin recycle bin on taskbar. Are there any solutions for this..? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-pin-recycle-bin-on-taskbar-windows-10-21h2/257fde5a-2d41-46bc-8a84-f37499de2ea5
  3. How to Pin Recycle Bin on Taskbar Windows 10 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Pin Recycle Bin on Taskbar Windows 10 21H2: Hello, I was using Win10 and I wanna pin recycle bin on taskbar. Are there any solutions for this..? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-pin-recycle-bin-on-taskbar-windows-10-21h2/257fde5a-2d41-46bc-8a84-f37499de2ea5
  4. How to Pin Recycle Bin on Taskbar Windows 10 21H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pinned apps on the taskbar does not work.

Pinned apps on the taskbar does not work.: Just bought a new laptop acer aspire 5. when i click on the pinned app it shows a message that state "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps...
  6. How to pin Recycle Bin to the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to pin Recycle Bin to the taskbar.: I was going through my documents and found this, which I wrote a few months back. Still seems to work. It's not written very clearly, but shouldn't be too hard to follow. Hope this helps someone. "How I pinned the Recycle bin to taskbar: 1: Create a Recycle bin shortcut 2:...
  7. Why isn't the recycle bin working?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why isn't the recycle bin working?: When I try to put a file in the recycle bin I get a message saying that it is corrupted or invalid? Is there a way I can get rid of this message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-the-recycle-working/3d454347-cab5-4f77-a65e-b604d8afa6ff"
  8. working with pinned apps in the taskbar

working with pinned apps in the taskbar: hello everyone, i want to discuss the behaviour of pinned applications in the taskbar in win 10 if the things i state are false please feel free to educate me, i will appreciate it. the current state in windows 10 is as follows; if you pin an app to the taskbar the...
  9. Recycle Bin to taskbar?

Recycle Bin to taskbar?: Tried pinning to start and right-clicking there but there is no "pin to taskbar" option. Anyone know how to put the recycle bin in my taskbar? 13626
  10. Pin Recycle Bin to Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin Recycle Bin to Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Pin Recycle Bin to Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Pin Recycle Bin to Taskbar in Windows 10 The Recycle Bin provides a safety net when deleting files or folders. When you delete any of these items from your hard disk, Windows places it in the Recycle Bin and the...