Windows 10: Why does wireless icon say no Internet connection?

Discus and support Why does wireless icon say no Internet connection? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just switched to Windows 10 from the Apple/Mac OS world, and am still learning my way around. Why does my home network connection say No Internet,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cgm707, Aug 4, 2019.

1. cgm707 Win User

Why does wireless icon say no Internet connection?

I just switched to Windows 10 from the Apple/Mac OS world, and am still learning my way around.

Why does my home network connection say No Internet, Secured, or just Secured sometimes? I have one of those networks where one of them is 5G at the end. I have tried both of the two connections (5G and non-5G) but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I have a antivirus program, firewall and Windows Defender. Do I actually need all of these on?

Thanks for any help.

:)

cgm707, Aug 4, 2019

2. Wireless icon shows red x and says connected to internet

Hi Kamil,

To resolve your concern regarding the red (x) showing on your wireless icon, we suggest that you clear all preferred wireless networks from your network configuration by following the steps below:

• Click on Windows + I to launch Settings, and then choose
      Network & Internet.
    • Choose the WiFi tab, and then scroll down to find Manage known networks. Click it.
    • You will see a list of old wireless networks. Choose each and click on the
      Forget
      button to delete all of them.
    • Go to Network Connections, and make sure your wireless adapter is enabled by right clicking and selecting
      enable.
    • Make sure your WiFi router is working properly and there’s no network problem with your local area network.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Kamil__47 Win User
    Wireless icon shows red x and says connected to internet

I have a following problem:

Wireless icon shows red x and says connected to internet. And it is true, my PC is fully connected, but icon is showing something else.

OS is the latest version Windows 10 and this problem started after reinstallation of software for wireless USB adapter. Icon on welcome screen with password field input is OK, there is not red cross.

Thanks for help

Kamil

Kamil__47, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Why does wireless icon say no Internet connection?

Wireless connection available but says "No internet, secured"

What if there's no - Wireless lan listed? Everything else is there and I tried your steps but it didn't work. Still have WiFi no internet, secured message.

SSJohnson426, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Why does wireless icon say no Internet connection?

1. Why does wireless icon say no Internet connection? - Similar Threads - Why does wireless

2. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet says connected but it's not connecting: Internet is connected but when attempting to open a new web page it's not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-says-connected-but-its-not-connecting/9a335977-32aa-4fb7-92a2-cb05acfc301c
  3. Why does gfwlivesetup.exe always say there was an internet connection error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does gfwlivesetup.exe always say there was an internet connection error?: Question is in the title, I downloaded the .exe from official microsoft website. If needed I can provide crash logs, the error code IN the crash logs is "Download Error: 0x800c0008"...
  4. Why does gfwlivesetup.exe always say there was an internet connection error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does gfwlivesetup.exe always say there was an internet connection error?: Question is in the title, I downloaded the .exe from official microsoft website. If needed I can provide crash logs, the error code IN the crash logs is "Download Error: 0x800c0008"...
  5. Windows 7 Does not recognize Wireless Internet Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Does not recognize Wireless Internet Connection: Hello, My friend's Windows 7 PC Does not recognize or detect my Wireless Router, I've run a few virus scans and found out that's not the problem, It detects the connection if i use an ethernet cable, but does not allow me to connect to the Internet....
  6. Windows 7 Does not recognize Wireless Internet Connection

Windows 7 Does not recognize Wireless Internet Connection: Hello, My friend's Windows 7 PC Does not recognize or detect my Wireless Router, I've run a few virus scans and found out that's not the problem, It detects the connection if i use an ethernet cable, but does not allow me to connect to the Internet....
  7. Wireless internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless internet connection: I am unable to connect my desktop to any wireless internet connections. It shows THE WINDOWS WIRELESS SERVICE IS NOT RUNNING , Can someone help me out ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-internet-connection/6760307a-d64f-49a1-9909-b12f80d55392
  8. Wireless internet connection

Wireless internet connection: I am unable to connect my desktop to any wireless internet connections. It shows THE WINDOWS WIRELESS SERVICE IS NOT RUNNING , Can someone help me out ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-internet-connection/6760307a-d64f-49a1-9909-b12f80d55392
  9. Why does my connection say No internet, secured

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my connection say No internet, secured: I had just reset my router because I couldn't connect to my classes, and when i try to reconnect it redirects me to google where it says " The Wi-Fi you are using may require you to visit its login page" anyone know why this keeps happening? submitted by /u/Lil-Pasta...
  10. Why cant I see wireless connection and why does it say im connect to wifi but no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why cant I see wireless connection and why does it say im connect to wifi but no internet: [IMG] *HELP* I tried to connect to my wifi but it says no internet. Second problem is it wont show any wireless wifi connection. Some one help please....