Windows 10: Why does WMP give us such poor options to create automatic playlist?

Discus and support Why does WMP give us such poor options to create automatic playlist? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm so frustrated at MS Windows Media Player. It's the app I use the most for playing mp3. On iTunes, automatic playlists are so smart that you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Thomas Jr, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Thomas Jr Win User

Why does WMP give us such poor options to create automatic playlist?

I'm so frustrated at MS Windows Media Player. It's the app I use the most for playing mp3.

On iTunes, automatic playlists are so smart that you can almost create regular expressions with it, it's almost

like a mini SQL.

On windows, WMP is so poor that it only has 'Is', 'Is Not' and 'Contains'. 'Doesn't contain' is missing.

I know we can't expect much from Microsoft, but is there a way to create an automatic playlist where

say "Grouping doesn't contain Fast"?

:)

Thomas Jr, Oct 7, 2019
  2. Thomas Jr Win User

I'm so frustrated at MS Windows Media Player. It's the app I use the most for playing mp3.

On iTunes, automatic playlists are so smart that you can almost create regular expressions with it, it's almost

like a mini SQL.

On windows, WMP is so poor that it only has 'Is', 'Is Not' and 'Contains'. 'Doesn't contain' is missing.

I know we can't expect much from Microsoft, but is there a way to create an automatic playlist where

say "Grouping doesn't contain Fast"?

Thomas Jr, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Sasha100 Win User
    WMP Will Not Save Playlist

I have a new computer with Win 10 Home installed. I am trying to use WMP and create some music playlists. When I create a list of songs and try to save them as a playlist I get a pop-up that says: "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while creating or saving the playlist". I have clicked on "Web Help" in the pop-up box and tried all the suggested solutions, but none of them have solved the problem. Can you please help.

Sasha100, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Sasha100 Win User

WMP Will Not Save Playlist

Update: I have done a few things since posting:
    1. I have shut off WMP by going to Control Panel, typing in "windows features', finding WMP and 'unchecked' the box. Then 'restarted' my computer. Then I went back to Control Panel (as before) and 'checked' the WMP box. I was lead to believe that this would reset WMP, but it did not work.

2. As stated in my original post: I clicked on "Web Help" that is part of the pop-up that says 'Windows Media Player encountered a problem while creating or saving the playlist'. I followed the suggested solutions (2) but that did not work either.

3. This problem occurs if I put in music files on the right hand side of WMP and try to save to a playlist by using the 'save' button, OR trying to 'create' a playlist on the left hand side of WMP.

Thanks for any help!

Sasha100, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Why does WMP give us such poor options to create automatic playlist? - Similar Threads - Why does WMP

2. Why does WMP fail to save playlists

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does WMP fail to save playlists: Why does WMP fail to save playlists https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-wmp-fail-to-save-playlists/9ad765bd-d77f-4c64-9127-9782acc3ea3a
  3. Why does WMP fail to save playlists

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does WMP fail to save playlists: Why does WMP fail to save playlists https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-wmp-fail-to-save-playlists/9ad765bd-d77f-4c64-9127-9782acc3ea3a
  4. Why does Windows run so poorly?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Windows run so poorly?: I just reinstalled windows on my computer since my SSD crashed. For now it's on an HDD and my god is this running horribly. It takes at least 5 minutes to boot up and then for another 5 my right click loads. I'm not sure if this is the harddrive but I doubt it considering...
  5. WMP Does not work

WMP Does not work: Hi, Windows 10 Pro on a Toshiba C655-S5540 laptop will not play any dvds. VLC will not play any dvds. In fact Nothing will play dvds. Can't even figure out how to get Autoplay to work. I have pretty much tried everything and about to take this thing down to the river and...
  6. Can't create playlist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't create playlist: On groove music i can't create a playlist. If I click the + next to the playlists it opens the dialog box. Then I type the name of the playlist and click on "create playlist" and the button goes gray and nothing happens. It doesn't freeze, because i can carry on editing the...
  7. Give us a minute

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Give us a minute: Hello, For the last 48 hours I have received the message "give us a minute XXX is updating" whenever I have tried to access my Outlook or any other Microsoft "app" on my computer. I have checked all my updates, check I am synced for the correct time zone, tried to reset...
  8. WMP sync options

WMP sync options: I am running Win 10 (latest update) using WMP 12. When I connect my android phone by USB WMP only sees the internal storage as an option to sync to. My phone has a separate SD card which I want to use for syncing to (more storage) but cannot see a way to do so. If I also...
  9. Give Us A Minute......

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Give Us A Minute......: Recently I tried to open my World Of Tanks Blitz game using Windows 10 and I got a "Give Us A Minute" Window saying it would be ready shortly, it has been up for a couple of days now. How do I fix this?...
  10. WMP Will Not Save Playlist

WMP Will Not Save Playlist: I have a new computer with Win 10 Home installed. I am trying to use WMP and create some music playlists. When I create a list of songs and try to save them as a playlist I get a pop-up that says: "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while creating or saving the...