Windows 10: Why does "you'll need a new app to open this .log file" come up when I try to open my .log...

Discus and support Why does "you'll need a new app to open this .log file" come up when I try to open my .log... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I try to open a .log file, a box comes up but it won't let me choose an app to open it.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RonaldReese1, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Why does "you'll need a new app to open this .log file" come up when I try to open my .log...

When I try to open a .log file, a box comes up but it won't let me choose an app to open it.

:)

RonaldReese1, Sep 11, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

Saves log files ?

have you tried opening the log file, scrolling all the way down and looking at the numbers?

W1zzard, Sep 11, 2020
  3. MTL
    MTL Win User
    "Could Not Open Log File" Error

When you uninstall AITtool it gives you the option to delete the log file as well. I have also tried just deleting the log file.

Interestingly, it logs the temperatures for the first 5 minutes. Then it says that it cannot write to the log file. Then if I cancel that message, it will go on for another 5 minutes until showing the Lof File error again. *Bang Head :banghead:

4. Tatty_One Win User

Why does "you'll need a new app to open this .log file" come up when I try to open my .log...

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Why does "you'll need a new app to open this .log file" come up when I try to open my .log...

1. Why does "you'll need a new app to open this .log file" come up when I try to open my .log... - Similar Threads - Why does you'll

2. "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file": I came home today and tried to open my browser and am met with this If anyone has an idea please help, I cant open anything on my pc with out it saying this message box, games and regular desktop apps. But if i right click and run as admin it'll start, weird right?...
  3. "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file": I came home today and tried to open my browser and am met with this If anyone has an idea please help, I cant open anything on my pc with out it saying this message box, games and regular desktop apps. But if i right click and run as admin it'll start, weird right?...
  4. "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. You'll need a new app to open this

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You'll need a new app to open this: How to turn off this pop up [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this/dd55ff4b-ccf0-4604-985d-379f6892ec63
  6. You'll need a new app to open this .exe file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    You'll need a new app to open this .exe file: A couple of things, firstly I am unable to open ANY application unless I run as administrator, or else "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file" appears. This dialogue box also appears every now and then which is insanely annoying. I am unable to open apps on the...
  7. you'll need a new app to open this

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    you'll need a new app to open this: Just got update to Windows 10. Trying to read some of the tips, but every time I click on ANYTHING it gives me the message "you'll need a new app to open this" but I can't seem to get the app, whatever app it is. When I click onFeedback I get the same message. I'm looking...
  8. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  9. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Support
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  10. "You'll need a new app to open this..."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this...": Hi all, my first post! I recently installed "WhatsApp" on my laptop (running Windows 10). Soon thereafter I started getting the following behavior: When opening a new tab in Firefox (54.0.1, 32-bit), I'd get a little popup that says "You'll need a new app to open this...