Windows 10: Why doesn't Device Manager show the my printer driver version?

Discus and support Why doesn't Device Manager show the my printer driver version? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why doesn't Device Manager show the my printer driver version? It isn't shown in control panel > printers either. Printer is Epson Worforce WF-4740... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by antonio3535, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Why doesn't Device Manager show the my printer driver version?

Why doesn't Device Manager show the my printer driver version?
    It isn't shown in control panel > printers either.

Printer is Epson Worforce WF-4740

Windows 10 version 1909.

Why doesn't Device Manager show the my printer driver version? [​IMG]

:)

antonio3535, Jan 8, 2021

2. New Printer Not Showing in Devices & Printers (But Does Show in Device Manager)

Now I have no printers and Devices and Printers at all, not even a banner (but it still shows in Device Manager).

I have uninstalled all the new Brother printer driver & utilities programs (again) and rebooted (again). I also turned off MS XPS print services from Programs and Features, just in case. In Device Manager, I clicked ‘Show hidden devices’ and found
    three instances of the old printer plus the old Prolific Parallel – USB adapter cable (now returned & refunded). All these were ghosted out but I uninstalled all of them anyway.

I checked ‘spooling’ in ‘Services’ and this is set to ‘Automatic’ (and is ‘Running’).

These posts did not help:

1)

Windows 10 - Epson C88+ not showing in devices and printers

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to update the drivers for printer in Device Manager:

• Right click on Start button and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Print queues, right click on the drivers and click on
      Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter
    Step 3: I suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Printer and follow on-screen instructions.

2)

Fix printer problems in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1

= ‘Fix printer problems’ on MS Support

I do not understand why I’m having so many problems but am desperate for help – please!

Chris

ChrisOfTheOT, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Why doesn't Device Manager show the my printer driver version?

My printer driver is under unknown devices in my device manager

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please reply:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    Follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Method 1:

If your device shows up as Unknown the best way is to just right-click on it and click Update Driver Software. Check if it shows an error message or code. If it does please reply with the error message and error code.

Method 2:

• Go to the Device Manager and expand Printers & Scanners.
    • Right click on Unknown Device and select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and click Uninstall.
    • Restart your system.
    Let us know what happens.

If you still face issues, you might have to check the compatibility of your printer and download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website in compatibility mode.

Hope this helps. Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Why doesn't Device Manager show the my printer driver version?

1. Why doesn't Device Manager show the my printer driver version? - Similar Threads - Why doesn't Device

2. Why it doesn't show my incompatible drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why it doesn't show my incompatible drivers: I can't enable memory integrity because of driver incompatibilities and also I tried bypassing it to enable it but it didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-it-doesnt-show-my-incompatible-drivers/3023e7e0-6227-4685-a21e-4428eb8ea750
  3. My driver is not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My driver is not showing up in device manager: I tried clearing my driver, because it said it was corrupted, but i accidentally deleted it and it is not showing up anywhere except for control panel....
  4. My driver is not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My driver is not showing up in device manager: I tried clearing my driver, because it said it was corrupted, but i accidentally deleted it and it is not showing up anywhere except for control panel....
  5. why my hdmi port is not working and it doesn't show on the device manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my hdmi port is not working and it doesn't show on the device manager?: why my hdmi port is not working and it doesn't show on the device manager?my laptop model is :HP pavilion Laptop 15-dk2xxx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-hdmi-port-is-not-working-and-it-doesnt-show/663f3c41-bc99-4177-8aba-0698bdaa5658
  6. why my hdmi port is not working and it doesn't show on the device manager?

why my hdmi port is not working and it doesn't show on the device manager?: why my hdmi port is not working and it doesn't show on the device manager?my laptop model is :HP pavilion Laptop 15-dk2xxx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-hdmi-port-is-not-working-and-it-doesnt-show/663f3c41-bc99-4177-8aba-0698bdaa5658
  7. why doesn't w10 device manager show drivers like w7 ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why doesn't w10 device manager show drivers like w7 ?: hi why doesn't w10 device manager show drivers like w7 (maybe even w8.1 does show them )? is there a way to enable it under w10 ? for drivers and w7 , i have added a screenshot the screenshot is not from computer , because my w10 and w7 are not in english thanks 183561
  8. Webcam Doesn't Show In Device Manager

Webcam Doesn't Show In Device Manager: Hello, I was in a google meet when my webcam completely shut down and stopped working. I have an integrated webcam and have already looked at a fair amount of the similar threads to this to try and solve the issue but nothing has worked so far. I have a Samsung Notebook 5 and...
  9. Under printers and devices, my printer shows "no driver available" Is this why my fax isn't...

Under printers and devices, my printer shows "no driver available" Is this why my fax isn't...: Under printers and devices, my printer shows "no driver available" Is this why my fax isn't working? Microsoft did a complete update recently and fouled up many settings........
  10. Why my Device Manager Show Double ACPI Driver?

Why my Device Manager Show Double ACPI Driver?: Hi, Why my device manager show double Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery? So, when I click my battery icon, will show Battery 1: 63% in use Battery 2: Not Present My laptop is Dell Latitude E6440 OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Printer not showing in Device Manager

2. printer is not found on device manager