Windows 10: Why doesn't Mail address autocomplete match People?

Discus and support Why doesn't Mail address autocomplete match People? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm assisting someone with a PC where the autocomplete suggestions when composing new messages in the Mail app don't fully match the contacts in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by medwds, Sep 14, 2020.

1. medwds Win User

Why doesn't Mail address autocomplete match People?

I'm assisting someone with a PC where the autocomplete suggestions when composing new messages in the Mail app don't fully match the contacts in the People app. For example, we corrected the spelling of someone's name in People but when we start typing their address in a new Mail message, it still shows the old name. The contacts are synced to a Microsoft account, and there are no other accounts present. What might cause this, and how can I fix it? I've tried restarting the computer.

Also of interest is that the settings in People show the Microsoft account hasn't synced since yesterday. Why might this be, and can I force a sync?

:)

medwds, Sep 14, 2020

2. How do I remove an address in the autocomplete list in the Windows 10 mail app?

Original Title: windows 10 mail app auto complete error

How do I remove an address in the autocomplete list in the Windows 10 mail app? I have a name that appears in the autocomplete list that I don't see in my Peoples app; thus I'm not able to delete the
    name by going to the Peoples app. The suggested autocomplete address was never an active address thus I NEED remove it from the autocomplete list. It was never a correct address merely misspelled by someone and this is as result of a reply all occasion.

NettieJean, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Deb240 Win User
    autocomplete list in windows 10 mail app

How do I remove an address in the autocomplete list in the Windows 10 mail app? I have a name that appears in the autocomplete list that I don't see in my Peoples app; thus I'm not able to delete the name by going to the Peoples app. The suggested autocomplete
    address is no longer an active address thus I would like it removed from the autocomplete list.

Deb240, Sep 14, 2020
  4. ml_563 Win User

How do I remove an address in the autocomplete list in the Windows 10 mail app

How do I remove an address in the autocomplete list in the Windows 10 mail app? I have a name that appears in the autocomplete list that I don't see in my Peoples app; thus I'm not able to delete the
    name by going to the Peoples app. The suggested autocomplete address was
    merely misspelled by someone thus I NEED to remove it from the autocomplete list. Thank you.

ml_563, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Why doesn't Mail address autocomplete match People? - Similar Threads - Why doesn't Mail

2. Help with Windows 10 Mail and People e-mail addresses

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with Windows 10 Mail and People e-mail addresses: For some reason that neither my wife nor I understand, e-mails that she forwards to me from her Android phone show the Sender as "My Info." Now when I begin to address an e-mail to her and type the first few letters of her name, My Info appears in the address line. The full...
  3. windows mail app autocomplete problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows mail app autocomplete problem: Contacts from people app not showing in autocomplete when typing in To. field in windows mail app. Please tell best possible solution of this problem at earliest .Waiting for the reply...................
  4. How do I remove an address in the autocomplete list in the Windows 10 mail app

How do I remove an address in the autocomplete list in the Windows 10 mail app: How do I remove an address in the autocomplete list in the Windows 10 mail app? I have a name that appears in the autocomplete list that I don't see in my Peoples app; thus I'm not able to delete the name by going to the Peoples app. The suggested autocomplete address was...
  5. Remove/delete incorrect email addresses in autocomplete email box in windows mail

Remove/delete incorrect email addresses in autocomplete email box in windows mail: simple question should get a simple answer[ we will see] --- Question : i have an incorrectly completed email address in autocomplete email box which continues to show up along side the corrected version ----- how do i remove these mistakes from autocomplete in windows mail...
  6. WIN 10 Mail autocomplete error

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN 10 Mail autocomplete error: up until a few hours ago I used to be able to type 1 character and get a suggested email. Now after many hours of resetting the software and reinstalling it, thinking something was wrong i discovered it now requires 2 characters to do the same. 1st noted occurrence was...
  7. Microsoft Mail- Autocomplete

Microsoft Mail- Autocomplete: In Microsoft Mail App there seems to be no way to get rid of mistakes in addresses that are captured and then come up in autocomplete lists as you type in the name. These errors come up forever and can be applied if you are not very, very careful. Does anyone know a way, in...
  8. Why is email address autocomplete not working in Windows 10 mail app?

Why is email address autocomplete not working in Windows 10 mail app?: Hi there, I have recently started using Windows 10 mail app and I have already responded to someone, I then went to send a new email to the same person, their email address didn't auto-populate, why and how to resolve as I cannot find any options to select this feature....
  9. Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app: I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.......
  10. Outlook 2010 - Lost Autocomplete Addresses?

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 - Lost Autocomplete Addresses?: I have several IMAP accounts setup in Outlook 2010. Autocomplete for frequently used email addresses on creating a new message has been working fine. Two days ago, I set up a new Outlook email account using the new account wizard. This successfully configured a new Microsoft...