Windows 10: Why doesn't Microsoft do Linux/Unix?

Discus and support Why doesn't Microsoft do Linux/Unix? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Why doesn't Microsoft do a version of Linux or Unix? G-Unix/Gunix? G-Linux/Glinux?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JamesVaughan, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Why doesn't Microsoft do Linux/Unix?

Why doesn't Microsoft do a version of Linux or Unix? G-Unix/Gunix? G-Linux/Glinux?

:)

JamesVaughan, Aug 14, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Why doesn't Microsoft do Linux/Unix? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Aug 14, 2020
  4. MilkyWay Win User

Why doesn't Microsoft do Linux/Unix?

What does Linux has that Windows doesn't?

So Mac OS is just a fake Unix, Linux a fake Unix and what Microsoft Windows a fake Mac OS?

So what's Unix a fake what?

Whats MS Dos for that matter?

God i hate command line and text based OS :shadedshu

MilkyWay, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Why doesn't Microsoft do Linux/Unix?

1. Why doesn't Microsoft do Linux/Unix? - Similar Threads - Why doesn't Microsoft

2. Why doesn't Microsoft store open?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why doesn't Microsoft store open?: So basically I play Minecraft one day and literally over night the Microsoft store wont open any apps at all and I cant even open it itself. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, running through a list of commands through PowerShell, restarting and updating my pc, and...
  3. Why doesn't Microsoft store open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't Microsoft store open?: So basically I play Minecraft one day and literally over night the Microsoft store wont open any apps at all and I cant even open it itself. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, running through a list of commands through PowerShell, restarting and updating my pc, and...
  4. Why doesn't Microsoft store open?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 reads paths as linux/unix after install of wsl 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 reads paths as linux/unix after install of wsl 2: After installing wsl 2 all the paths in any console show up as linux paths, and it's not finding stuff and causing issues with Visual StudioIs there a way to fix this?...
  6. Windows 11 reads paths as linux/unix after install of wsl 2

Windows 11 reads paths as linux/unix after install of wsl 2: After installing wsl 2 all the paths in any console show up as linux paths, and it's not finding stuff and causing issues with Visual StudioIs there a way to fix this?...
  7. Why Microsoft doesn't do a through beta testing before

Why Microsoft doesn't do a through beta testing before: Why Microsoft doesn't do a through beta testing before releasing a software product? Like that, they could catch any bugs and the product will be superior. For instance the lockout screen Windows 10 won't change, Microsoft Store won't connect neither the news app. Changing...
  8. how to install Windows on Unix laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to install Windows on Unix laptop: I need some general guidance on how to download and install Windows on a laptop that only has Unix installed. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-windows-on-unix-laptop/7acca66c-9789-4192-b3b6-2d405c83f29a
  9. Need to Transfer a file from Windows OS to Unix/Linux system , both are in different PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to Transfer a file from Windows OS to Unix/Linux system , both are in different PCs: Need to Transfer a file from Windows OS to Unix/Linux system , both are in different PCs . how to perform this activity ? please advise asap. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-transfer-a-file-from-windows-os-to/70a7f31e-1aa9-4036-941c-e2765e7c4fed"
  10. Can't write to Unix CIF shares

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't write to Unix CIF shares: I have a Freenas Server (based on FreeBSD Unix) connected to my network. I can't get it to show up in file explorer untill I type "//000.000.000.000" (it's IP address). When I try to drag a file to the window CIF shares (Permissions in Unix are Allow Guest Access and...