Windows 10: Why doesn't microsoft fix windows 10 search. It is truly awful, or slightly worse than that.

Discus and support Why doesn't microsoft fix windows 10 search. It is truly awful, or slightly worse than that. in Cortana to solve the problem; I had better search capability on my windows computer 30 years ago. Why doesn't Microsoft hire some outside consultants to help them figure out what... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by dannovinger, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Why doesn't microsoft fix windows 10 search. It is truly awful, or slightly worse than that.

I had better search capability on my windows computer 30 years ago.

Why doesn't Microsoft hire some outside consultants to help them figure out what is wrong and why Microsoft customers hate windows 10 search.

I am willing to help, if Microsoft wants to put me on contract, but know this....I am not politically correct. I'll be truthful and provide critical useful information, but I'm not cheap.

If interested contract me at *** Email address is removed for privacy *** in the next 24 hours.

regards,

Dan

:)

dannovinger, Feb 11, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Why doesn't microsoft fix windows 10 search.  It is truly awful, or slightly worse than that. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Cr00zng Win User
    10 doesn’t fix the desktop it fixes 8's reputation

If I am not mistaken, you're referring to is the Metro Search settings:

Why doesn't microsoft fix windows 10 search.  It is truly awful, or slightly worse than that. [​IMG]

That does not stop the "explorer.exe" from connecting to the MS server. For that matter, it does not stop connecting to Bing either. Those settings just suppress the results from Bing.

The bing and some of the local searches results/tracking can be cleared, with some disclaimer; see the second image for details...

I know I am being tracked, it's not that. I just want to know who's's tracking and how. This is an updated OS and I have some reservation about its tracking features, based on the previous version. Some people don't care, but that's fine...

How do you figure that duckduckgo logged on to my computer? Especially in the case when the system process with PID 0 makes the connection to that site. Never mind that there's a hardware firewall between the system and the internet and then a software firewall on this system that blocks all inbound connection attempt from the internet. You lost me there...

And again, I did not install different tools for search purposes. This is a plain W10 install with Firefox, Sysinternal Tools, and WireShark. And yes, duckduckgo is the default search for IE11 and FF. I just fail to see why a kernel process would make a connection to the default search site.

Cr00zng, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Knoxx29 Win User

Why doesn't microsoft fix windows 10 search. It is truly awful, or slightly worse than that.

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

I guess who still uses windows 7 has this problem, Microsoft is forcing people to upgrade to Windows 10

Knoxx29, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Why doesn't microsoft fix windows 10 search. It is truly awful, or slightly worse than that.

1. Why doesn't microsoft fix windows 10 search. It is truly awful, or slightly worse than that. - Similar Threads - Why doesn't microsoft

2. Why windows 11 is worse than Windows 8 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why windows 11 is worse than Windows 8 ?: As an IT personnel Windows 10 is much much better in every aspect compared to the windows 11. Microsoft keeps making our life miserable with such operating systems since at first, Microsoft replaced their best operating system i.e windows 7 with an a trash os known as windows...
  3. Why windows 11 is worse than Windows 8 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why windows 11 is worse than Windows 8 ?: As an IT personnel Windows 10 is much much better in every aspect compared to the windows 11. Microsoft keeps making our life miserable with such operating systems since at first, Microsoft replaced their best operating system i.e windows 7 with an a trash os known as windows...
  4. Worse than expected gaming performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Worse than expected gaming performance: Hey. Less than a month ago I was updating my graphics drivers. That time was a little weird though, my screens kept flashing more times than usual, they usually only flicker 2-3 times and then stop, but they flickered like 8 times then I got a windows popup saying some...
  5. Why is File Explorer Search so dang awful???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is File Explorer Search so dang awful???: What should be a simple search in a single folder takes 20-30 minutes. What should be a simple filename search is now running into hours. File Explorer Search has been broken for a long time in multiple iterations of Windows. PLEASE FIX IT or go back to using one of the...
  6. Why doesn't File Explorer search work for searches longer than three letters?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why doesn't File Explorer search work for searches longer than three letters?: T works, Th works, The works, but They doesn't work i.e. no search results. Replicated across all words. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-file-explorer-search-work-for-searches/6cacf00f-01fb-4849-8720-fdfff59c5ec4
  7. Windows 10 build 2004 is a lot worse than 1709?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 build 2004 is a lot worse than 1709?: So my laptop has had awful battery life and performance after like 2 years of use. I thought: maybe it's time for a clean install of Windows 10 (with the latest drivers from Dell). Didn't help. Had a usb with 1709, tried that and... it performs like it did when I got it. Is...
  8. Why is everything about this so much worse than windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is everything about this so much worse than windows 7: I want to preface all of this by saying that I've been an A+ certified IT technician, working in the field for the past decade, and I am beyond disappointed in windows 10. every machine ive serviced with it has its quirks, and as such i usually advised my clients to stick...
  9. Why does Forbes think Windows 10 is worse than bubonic plague?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does Forbes think Windows 10 is worse than bubonic plague?: The several Windows 10 devices we have in our family have at least 15-20 combined years of use on the operating system, and, essentially, have all run flawlessly. No hiccups, no surprises, no quirks, no headaches. But in the "google news feed" on my phone, every day, there...
  10. Windows 10 search far worse than Windows 8.3

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 search far worse than Windows 8.3: I hate the search in Windows 10. It never finds files that were always found searching in Windows 8. Windows 10 searching is virtually useless. Under windows 8, one could retain the search results. I have not found how to do this in Windows 8. Nor does windows 10 seem to be...