Windows 10: why doesn't MicroSoft make Windows Auto-Index OneDrive?!?!

Discus and support why doesn't MicroSoft make Windows Auto-Index OneDrive?!?! in Cortana to solve the problem; MicroSoft, Why!!!! Why do you tell us to put all our info in your OneDrive Cloud Storage. Then you don't think to index the OneDrive for search... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Trey1, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Trey1 Win User

why doesn't MicroSoft make Windows Auto-Index OneDrive?!?!

MicroSoft,

Why!!!!

Why do you tell us to put all our info in your OneDrive Cloud Storage.

Then you don't think to index the OneDrive for search using your Windows Search (Searching from the Start Menu)?

I have to find some work around to get Windows Search to work.

It's your OS, It's your office software, It's your OneDrive.

This should be corrected automatically as soon as I install OneDrive.

Come on Captain Obvious!!!

25 years of using your products and you are still missing the basics.

When is someone going to step up and do a good job of design?

:)

Trey1, Dec 20, 2018
  2. IzWebUsr Win User

OneDrive no longer in list of folders to index in "Indexing Options"

Ref: Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48)

Dear All,

After an Windows update today, OneDrive folder is no longer listed as a folder available for indexing in the "Indexing Options" control panel.

I have tried restarting, deleting the index, unlinking PC from OneDrive and relinking.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

By the way, why is the OneDrive Category locked when posting questions?!

IzWebUsr, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Dec 20, 2018
  4. why doesn't MicroSoft make Windows Auto-Index OneDrive?!?!

Windows 10 - OneDrive

I use Groove Music and OneDrive hasn't ran again. I suspect Office 365 is behind restarting it. There might be a setting in Office 365 somewhere to disable OneDrive.

This will get rid of one drive. Put it in a .bat and run it:
    Code: @echo off echo Uninstalling OneDrive... start /wait "" "%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSWOW64\ONEDRIVESETUP.EXE" /UNINSTALL rd C:\OneDriveTemp /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 rd "%USERPROFILE%\OneDrive" /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 rd "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\OneDrive" /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 rd "%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft OneDrive" /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 reg add "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}\ShellFolder" /f /v Attributes /t REG_DWORD /d 0 >NUL 2>&1 reg add "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}\ShellFolder" /f /v Attributes /t REG_DWORD /d 0 >NUL 2>&1 echo. echo OneDrive has been removed. Windows Explorer needs to be restarted. pause start /wait TASKKILL /F /IM explorer.exe start explorer.exe[/quote]

FordGT90Concept, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

why doesn't MicroSoft make Windows Auto-Index OneDrive?!?!

1. why doesn't MicroSoft make Windows Auto-Index OneDrive?!?! - Similar Threads - why doesn't MicroSoft

2. Why doesn't auto play work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't auto play work?: For some reason, auto play doesn't start playing my DVDs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-auto-play-work/c347780b-0ef5-4947-8e2b-35e396f3df6c
  3. Why doesn't auto play work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't auto play work?: For some reason, auto play doesn't start playing my DVDs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-auto-play-work/c347780b-0ef5-4947-8e2b-35e396f3df6c
  4. Making an Index in Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making an Index in Word: how do I make an index with last name followed by the list of first names? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-an-index-in-word/c52ce751-9cfb-4530-8846-27a1c28ad167
  5. Making an Index in Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making an Index in Word: how do I make an index with last name followed by the list of first names? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-an-index-in-word/c52ce751-9cfb-4530-8846-27a1c28ad167
  6. OneDrive doesn't appear as a index search location

in Cortana
    OneDrive doesn't appear as a index search location: Search for a file in Windows 10 does not provide any results though the search goes on forever. I have rebuilt the index several times but to no avail. Also OneDrive doesn't appear as a index search location...
  7. Why doesn't Windows make a streaming service?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why doesn't Windows make a streaming service?: I really think that Windows should have its own streaming service, like Apple TV+, Prime Video, or Disney Plus. It could be called Windows+, or Windows Media, or Windows Video, or maybe Windows Streaming. Microsoft could make its own shows, and then people would buy Windows,...
  8. OneDrive indexing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive indexing: I've found that searches have become very slow and, on looking at what folders are indexed, have found that my OneDrive\Documents folder is not indexed, although all of my other OneDrive folders pictures, video etc are. Not only is that folder not indexed, but it is not...
  9. Windows Search Indexer and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search Indexer and OneDrive: Before I do something I regret, does Indexing the OneDrive folder start downloading all the files it has indexed? I have about 700GB of files up there that are set to online-only and don't really fancy kicking off a download of these things. submitted by /u/ProjectVRD...
  10. Auto login with microsoft passport for onedrive

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Auto login with microsoft passport for onedrive: Good day everybody. Is it necessary to logon using my Microsoft passport to get onedrive worked ?. 1- if not what shall I do to have onedrive worked and sync ?. 2- if yes how to set pc to sign in automatically ?. Thanks 31243