Windows 10: Why doesn't microsoft recognize my laptop serial number?

Discus and support Why doesn't microsoft recognize my laptop serial number? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I'm using a HP Notebook and I know my serial number is correct but Microsoft doesn't recognize it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by hyper_088, Mar 21, 2022.

1. hyper_088 Win User

Why doesn't microsoft recognize my laptop serial number?

I'm using a HP Notebook and I know my serial number is correct but Microsoft doesn't recognize it

:)

hyper_088, Mar 21, 2022
  2. spunk Win User

Serial number of self-built PC

I'm confused?? Is the computer listed in the Microsoft Account/Devices page or not? If not, you have to register it and it may take a couple of days to register in the Microsoft Store.

spunk, Mar 21, 2022
  3. Serial number

The serial number should be on a sticker somewhere on the desktop.

You can also go into the BIOS to find the serial number.

This link has the info, it says laptop, but should be the same steps:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00034791

tamara_sadel, Mar 21, 2022
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Why doesn't microsoft recognize my laptop serial number? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 21, 2022
Thema:

1. Why doesn't microsoft recognize my laptop serial number? - Similar Threads - Why doesn't microsoft

2. Find serial number to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find serial number to laptop: Hi Microsoft Community, Could someone please tell me the simplest way of finding out the serial number to the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-serial-number-to-laptop/6ef7c99c-688e-4bea-b193-fe170f7c877f
  3. Find serial number to laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find serial number to laptop: Hi Microsoft Community, Could someone please tell me the simplest way of finding out the serial number to the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-serial-number-to-laptop/6ef7c99c-688e-4bea-b193-fe170f7c877f
  4. Why doesn't microsoft recognize my laptop serial number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't microsoft recognize my laptop serial number?: I'm using a HP Notebook and I know my serial number is correct but Microsoft doesn't recognize it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-microsoft-recognize-my-laptop-serial/de74b8a9-0203-41d3-be2f-54ce814d1206
  5. Why doesn't microsoft recognize my laptop serial number?

Why doesn't microsoft recognize my laptop serial number?: I'm using a HP Notebook and I know my serial number is correct but Microsoft doesn't recognize it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-microsoft-recognize-my-laptop-serial/de74b8a9-0203-41d3-be2f-54ce814d1206
  6. Why doesn't microsoft recognize my laptop serial number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't microsoft recognize my laptop serial number?: I have been trying to register my Asus and HP laptops so i can dowload an app, but i can't attach the devices to my account because i get a "we didn't recognize this serial number" message. I just want to know what i have to do to make my serial numbers recognizable.I...
  7. Why doesn't microsoft recognize my laptop serial number?

Why doesn't microsoft recognize my laptop serial number?: I have been trying to register my Asus and HP laptops so i can dowload an app, but i can't attach the devices to my account because i get a "we didn't recognize this serial number" message. I just want to know what i have to do to make my serial numbers recognizable.I...
  8. Trying to add device, Doesn't recognize my serial number.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to add device, Doesn't recognize my serial number.: I purchased Minecraft and it will not allow to download saying no applicable devices linked to my account. i looked it up online the said to link my PC to that account, I tried to different serial numbers in but Microsoft is saying it doesn't recognize my serial number Please...
  9. Trying to add device, Doesn't recognize my serial number.

Trying to add device, Doesn't recognize my serial number.: I purchased Minecraft and it will not allow to download saying no applicable devices linked to my account. i looked it up online the said to link my PC to that account, I tried to different serial numbers in but Microsoft is saying it doesn't recognize my serial number Please...
  10. Trying to add device, Doesn't recognize my serial number.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to add device, Doesn't recognize my serial number.: I purchased MineCraft and it will not allow to download saying no applicable devices linked to my account. the shortcut the provided was to old and gave me an error page when clicked. So i looked it up online the said to link my PC to that account, I tried to put the serial...