Windows 10: Why doesn't my computer recognize Wifi network anymore?

Discus and support Why doesn't my computer recognize Wifi network anymore? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My hp envy (I think) laptop was running with wifi until randomly there was a crash restarted, I think correlating with an update, and now It doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sackofchemicals, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Why doesn't my computer recognize Wifi network anymore?

My hp envy (I think) laptop was running with wifi until randomly there was a crash restarted, I think correlating with an update, and now It doesn't recognize any wifi networks; in the control panel it doesn't even show an option to enable or disable wifi, only ethernet, which is weird because I've hardly ever used ethernet with this computer.

I tried rebooting, unplugging the router and my phone is able to use the wifi perfectly so it doesn't seem to be an issue on that end. Any tips on what to do? How do I make the wifi come back. Appreciate any advice, I'm coming here after already trying what a few websites have suggested... thanks!

submitted by /u/sackofchemicals
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sackofchemicals, Dec 19, 2019

2. Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution.

My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not possible"
    or this

Why doesn't my computer recognize Wifi network anymore? [​IMG]

Is there a workaround for that?

tronrontron, Dec 19, 2019
  3. brannell Win User
    Can´t connect to my Wifi network

Hi everyone,

I can´t connect to my Wifi from my desktop with Window 10. I had an ethernet cable before and it worked perfectly but now I can´t connect my computer to the router through the cable anymore.

For some reason it detects my wifi network but when i try to connect it says i cant connect.

I followed a few tutorials online of how to fix it and still didn´t work.

any help please???

thanks in advance

Ramon

brannell, Dec 19, 2019
  4. bobkn Win User

Why doesn't my computer recognize Wifi network anymore?

Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

I dunno.

Re-install the TWAIN drivers? (They are not included in Windows.)

You might get a better answer if you gave the make and model of the scanner.

bobkn, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Why doesn't my computer recognize Wifi network anymore?

1. Why doesn't my computer recognize Wifi network anymore? - Similar Threads - Why doesn't computer

2. Why doesn't it boot anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't it boot anymore?: Hello Microsoft team, I recently updated my laptop windows 10 PROAnd it doesn't boot anymore, how can we solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-it-boot-anymore/2cde760e-980a-4a0b-9d39-66413aa995be
  3. Why doesn't it boot anymore?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why doesn't it boot anymore?: Hello Microsoft team, I recently updated my laptop windows 10 PROAnd it doesn't boot anymore, how can we solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-it-boot-anymore/2cde760e-980a-4a0b-9d39-66413aa995be
  4. Why doesn't it boot anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer doesn't connect\recognize the home 5Ghz network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer doesn't connect\recognize the home 5Ghz network: Hi,Really need your help here,Windows doesn't recognize the 5Ghz network in my homeFirst of all the layout:- My network is via Linksys Velop.- The Computer is a Lenovo Laptop equipped with Windows 10 Pro - 21H2 that's connected via an Edimax 1200ac usb dongle.The problem:-...
  6. The computer doesn't recognize the microphone anymore

The computer doesn't recognize the microphone anymore: Split from this thread. Greg, I'm responding to this message because I've been impressed with some of your other answers when it comes to updating drivers. I think that's at the root of the issues I'm going through. Specifically, the AT2020+ USB microphone I have...
  7. New computer, no wifi networks recognized

New computer, no wifi networks recognized: I just purchased a new HP desktop and it is not recognizing any Wifi networks, even though every other device (including the printer) recognizes both channels from the Wifi router. The pcu will not even recognize the wifi hotspot from my phone. I've tried updating the drivers...
  8. Why my computer doesn't run games smoothly anymore?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why my computer doesn't run games smoothly anymore?: I dont know what started this, but suddenly when i start playing games my pc doesn't run them as smoothly as it should and my cpu and gpu usages goes higher than they should. Examples like cs go runs normally 250-300 fps but now it drops sometimes to even 120fps. Apex legends...
  9. PC doesn't recognize wifi as a network adapter

PC doesn't recognize wifi as a network adapter: The other day when I was turning on my computer, I saw that it is not connected to the internet by wifi. I went to network settings and it seemed like computer thinks it doesn't support wifi, just wired internet. I opened device manager and there was no wifi under network...
  10. Computer doesn't recognize me as administrator and computer won't go to sleep anymore

Computer doesn't recognize me as administrator and computer won't go to sleep anymore: I've had this computer since March 2017, when it was purchased brand new. It is my own computer for personal home use, so not on any group network or anything else. It's just my personal home computer. Lately it won't go to sleep as it should. I've tried rebooting, and...