Windows 10: Why doesn't my Windows Defender work and look like this?

Discus and support Why doesn't my Windows Defender work and look like this? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello! A while ago I ended up installing a shady program and giving it admin permission. However I deleted the program an hour later and I opened... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by IbrahimPlays, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Why doesn't my Windows Defender work and look like this?

Hello! A while ago I ended up installing a shady program and giving it admin permission. However I deleted the program an hour later and I opened Windows Defender/Security settings and it was blank. It shows me no menu, no options to scan the computer. NOTHING!! What should I do? Should I reinstall windows?

Sometimes when I try to open Windows security through settings the settings app crashes too. Is my computer infected?

I can't update either, it fails to find updates.

Why doesn't my Windows Defender work and look like this? 4860408d-9145-4ae0-9716-220d2b6fceb5?upload=true.png Why doesn't my Windows Defender work and look like this? 3838817d-095f-49da-8ec2-030847d271fb?upload=true.png

:)

IbrahimPlays, Jan 12, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Why doesn't my Windows Defender work and look like this? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 12, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Why doesn't my Windows Defender work and look like this? [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Bushka Win User

Why doesn't my Windows Defender work and look like this?

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Why doesn't my Windows Defender work and look like this?

1. Why doesn't my Windows Defender work and look like this? - Similar Threads - Why doesn't Defender

2. why is my window 11 screen look like this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my window 11 screen look like this?: The part that is not black is normal, but i can't click on anything inside the black space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-window-11-screen-look-like-this/c6ad2e49-9451-48d2-b140-93f06a365b98
  3. Why my windows defender looks like this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my windows defender looks like this?: it's different from before, I don't know why and when this is happening, or maybe something is wrong, I'm just uncomfortable with it, please help me..sorry for bad english...
  4. Why my windows defender looks like this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my windows defender looks like this?: it's different from before, I don't know why and when this is happening, or maybe something is wrong, I'm just uncomfortable with it, please help me..sorry for bad english...
  5. Why does my windows settings look like this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my windows settings look like this?: i have restarted my computer a few times and still looks the same.Have run sfc/scannow and restarted my computer and no difference. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-windows-settings-look-like-this/52b0501e-fa77-4e5d-8aa2-07e3e0d177ce
  6. Why does it look like this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does it look like this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ArmedEnt2206 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/metb1f/why_does_it_look_like_this/
  7. Why does Windows look like this?

Why does Windows look like this?: [ATTACH] This shows up instead of my desktop, and it appears whenever I press the Windows key instead of opening Start. Any way I can revert this to the old version where pressing the Windows key opens the start menu instead? I am on Windows 10 Home build 19041.746...
  8. Why does Windows Defender doesn't work?

Why does Windows Defender doesn't work?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/theloneman1996 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/krj7ea/why_does_windows_defender_doesnt_work/
  9. Why is this looking like this?

Why is this looking like this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ArchMD96 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhf4nm/why_is_this_looking_like_this/
  10. "This doesn't look like a work or school email address."

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "This doesn't look like a work or school email address.": In the Microsoft Store, whenever I try to sign in to my gmail account that I use for microsoft things, it says the same message "this doesn't look like a work or school email address." The store automatically signs me in to my deleted gmail that I don't even remember the...