Windows 10: Why doesn't "open with" work within Photos?

Discus and support Why doesn't "open with" work within Photos? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have never liked that Photos doesn't feature a simple "open file location" option to bring me straight to the file I'm looking at in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BurningDogFace, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Why doesn't "open with" work within Photos?

I have never liked that Photos doesn't feature a simple "open file location" option to bring me straight to the file I'm looking at in Windows Explorer, but at least I had the option to right click and hit "open with" in order to edit that image with something else.

A few days ago, however, that option stopped working. It's still there, and it's not greyed out, but when I select "open with" from the right click menu, all that happens is that the right click menu disappears. Is there some option I might have toggled or disabled that might have caused this?

:)

BurningDogFace, Apr 2, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Why doesn't "open with" work within Photos? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites?

Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites? I am able to open the same Google-sites with any other browsers.

kaulahuivi, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Why doesn't "open with" work within Photos?

Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Why doesn't "open with" work within Photos?

1. Why doesn't "open with" work within Photos? - Similar Threads - Why doesn't open

2. Why Microsof Photos doesn't rule?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Microsof Photos doesn't rule?: Microsoft photos not working even after formatting the pc. I've already tried the restore function. When I try to open an image, a black screen appears for a few seconds and then the application crashes...
  3. Why Microsof Photos doesn't rule?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Microsof Photos doesn't rule?: Microsoft photos not working even after formatting the pc. I've already tried the restore function. When I try to open an image, a black screen appears for a few seconds and then the application crashes...
  4. Why doesn't the new Photos app work with NAS drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't the new Photos app work with NAS drives?: I get that you are trying to push people towards OneDrive but why have you taken away the ability to view photos held on a NAS with the new update?The new version of Photos simply ignores files on a NAS even when already included in a Windows library and doesn't allow a...
  5. Why doesn't the new Photos app work with NAS drives?

Why doesn't the new Photos app work with NAS drives?: I get that you are trying to push people towards OneDrive but why have you taken away the ability to view photos held on a NAS with the new update?The new version of Photos simply ignores files on a NAS even when already included in a Windows library and doesn't allow a...
  6. Photos app doesn't open anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app doesn't open anymore: Since the last update the Photos app wont open and many users are reporting the same problem??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-doesnt-open-anymore/4cb98c83-8fe6-43fc-9f13-e4571081db62
  7. Photos app doesn't open anymore

Photos app doesn't open anymore: Since the last update the Photos app wont open and many users are reporting the same problem??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-doesnt-open-anymore/4cb98c83-8fe6-43fc-9f13-e4571081db62
  8. Microsoft photos doesn't work

Microsoft photos doesn't work: why microsoft photos isn"t working and in the store shows that there is a problem in it and asks me to reinstall it but this does not work ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-doesnt-work/323f5021-b9cf-40cd-bb18-11f458f02745
  9. Open Map doesn't work anymore in Microsoft Photos App

Open Map doesn't work anymore in Microsoft Photos App: This feature used to work last winter. If I opened a photo in Photos and then selected File information and clicked on Open map under location it would open Maps and show where the photo was taken. Some time over the summer it stopped working (after an Windows 10 update)....
  10. Photo app doesn't work

Photo app doesn't work: Hi! I now have two problems with this app which hadn't been there before. 1. For Photos containing GPS data the location is shown but it is not possible to open the map. 2. Since yesterday It is no longer possible to automatically improve the photo. The corresponding...