Windows 10: Why doesn't screen recording record the selected window?

Discus and support Why doesn't screen recording record the selected window? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I press Windows + Alt + R, what window does it record? I thought I was recording 14 minutes of a game, but it was just recording the settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mayorfoxia82, May 22, 2022.

1. Why doesn't screen recording record the selected window?

When I press Windows + Alt + R, what window does it record? I thought I was recording 14 minutes of a game, but it was just recording the settings window that I had open, even though that wasn't the window I selected. I started recording long after I selected my game's window, so why did it record settings?

:)

Mayorfoxia82, May 22, 2022
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, May 22, 2022
  3. edisegal Win User
    Hiding private records

Hello Jaap,

I already tried your suggestion, but it doesn' t affect the record after transferring it to Windows Mobile.

By, the way, working with Outlook, even a private record is viewable.

Thank you for your comment.

edisegal, May 22, 2022
  4. Why doesn't screen recording record the selected window?

screen recorder

Hi,

To resolve your concern about screen recorder, follow the steps below:

• Click on the Windows logo found at the lower left hand corner of your desktop.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • On the left hand side, click on Storage.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Scroll down, and click on Temporary files.
    • Click on Delete temporary files.
    • Restart your computer, and then try screen recorder again.

Regarding the Windows shortcut for your screen recorder, follow the steps below:

• Open your Xbox application.
    • On the left hand side, click on the Settings icon.
    • Click on the Game DVR tab.
    • Make sure Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR is
      On.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, May 22, 2022
Thema:

Why doesn't screen recording record the selected window?

1. Why doesn't screen recording record the selected window? - Similar Threads - Why doesn't screen

2. Why doesn't screen recording record the selected window?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't screen recording record the selected window?: When I press Windows + Alt + R, what window does it record? I thought I was recording 14 minutes of a game, but it was just recording the settings window that I had open, even though that wasn't the window I selected. I started recording long after I selected my game's...
  3. screen recorder

screen recorder: the images doesn't load properly in Microsoft edge when i open my recorded steps in my built-in screen recorder in windows 8.1 although i made capture screen option to yes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-recorder/8a1538ff-196e-4894-a6e6-bc3abd47bdbc
  4. Windows screen recorder doesn't record apps that go from windowed to full screen such as...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows screen recorder doesn't record apps that go from windowed to full screen such as...: As a foreword, I had posted a thread like this on the Office 365 area but it is very clear that this issue is to do with the Windows Screen Recorder function not tracking window changes/apps producing a full screen view. This is an issue that has appeared recently. When...
  5. Screen Recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Recording: My recording is like smaller in the top left of my screen with the rest of the screen black.. I used OBS to record it and i was recording the home screen before and it filled up the entire screen but then when i hopped in the game the recording looked like this. Does anyone...
  6. Screen Recording

Screen Recording: Hi, I use Windows+Alt+R for screen recording for some of my projects to reconcile later on. But it is been couple of months that it stopped working, it always says "window recording isn't working" Error. I have cleared up the windows cache as well but it is not...
  7. Screen Recording

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Recording: Hey there, I just downloaded obsproject for screen recording, however I could get it to capture my screen and sound recording too. I have tried putting the graphic setting to "Power Saving" but it still didn't work, btw, I'm not recording gaming. Any advice?...
  8. In built screen recorder not recording audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In built screen recorder not recording audio: The in built screen recorder is not recording audio, however when i have my earphones in i can hear some audio however it is really glitchy and broken, without my earphones in there is not sound at all. I have troubleshooted the audio recording but there were no problems...
  9. screen recorder

screen recorder: I there any screen recorder for windows 10 except xbox because I want to record my work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-recorder/54e662e8-fef2-4e28-bf21-c833dac967ad
  10. Screen recorder

Screen recorder: How do you zoom in on xbox screen recorder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_xbox/screen-recorder/b545978e-29e4-4bf3-b260-438e683a3c9e