Windows 10: Why doesn't softexia.com refresh with new content on Firefox Nightly?

Discus and support Why doesn't softexia.com refresh with new content on Firefox Nightly? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I go to Softexia.com | Daily Software News with Discounts and Coupons the page shows software products. What I am seeing appears to be coming from... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by streetwolf, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Why doesn't softexia.com refresh with new content on Firefox Nightly?

When I go to Softexia.com | Daily Software News with Discounts and Coupons the page shows software products. What I am seeing appears to be coming from the cache even though there could be new content on it's server. This can easily be ascertained by either using another browser (I know Edge works fine) or more easily click on the refresh button. It appears the refresh button now does a Ctrl-F5 so it will retrieve new content from the server

My questions are:

1. Can anyone else confirm this behavior? If it works for you especially on Nightly for Windows what can the cause be?

2. How can I force a refresh automatically when I go to the site? I don't want to set the global pref to always retrieve new content from all servers as this really slows loading all pages. Also the Fx add-ons that will get new content are based on timers. I just want a server refresh when I go to the site not thereafter for x number of seconds. There are some javascript one liners that will also do a refresh but if you don't specify a timer value the page will refresh continuously. Is there some code I can use in an add-on or some other way to add code to force a refresh only when I first open the page?

I welcome any comments, suggestions, or workarounds. Thanks

:)

streetwolf, Apr 14, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

Firefox Nightly...

When using the 'Find' (Ctrl+F) feature in Firefox Nightly v.50.0, Nightly dims the whole page and highlights the searched words.

Why doesn't softexia.com refresh with new content on Firefox Nightly? [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Sponsored content in Firefox Nightly and Beta and soon with Firefox 60

Source: A Privacy-Conscious Approach to Sponsored Content - Future Releases

Latest Firefox Released for Windows - Windows 10 Forums

Brink, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Why doesn't softexia.com refresh with new content on Firefox Nightly?

Firefox Nightly...

Firefox Nightly 60.0a1 (2018-02-20)

Drag 'n' Drop in the New Tab page allows you rearrange your top sites the way you want...

Why doesn't softexia.com refresh with new content on Firefox Nightly? [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Why doesn't softexia.com refresh with new content on Firefox Nightly?

1. Why doesn't softexia.com refresh with new content on Firefox Nightly? - Similar Threads - Why doesn't softexia

2. Win10 20H2, refreshing the content of directories

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 20H2, refreshing the content of directories: I have the latest win10 build, 20H2 at date 01.12.2020. After a few minutes of using the windows, I have a problem with the explorer: the content of directories does not auto-refresh e.g.when I create new file, file doesn't appear. When I delete file, file doesn'tdisappear....
  3. Win10 Explorer doesn't refresh for new files or new folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Explorer doesn't refresh for new files or new folders: I have w10 1809 up to date, stock install, and my explorer window does not refresh when I download a file or unzip something. How do I correct this? 161885
  4. I ruined Firefox with Refresh

in Browsers and Email
    I ruined Firefox with Refresh: I was having a problem with Firefox where it seemed to be loading pages very slow. Pages with lot of images on them were coming up with [IMG] where the thumbnails should be and when it was trying to load them it kept giving that "Performing TLS handshake" thing in the lower...
  5. Firefox refresh popup

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox refresh popup: Is there a setting to get rid of this. I get it on new profiles. [img] 140840
  6. Firefox Site Content Issues

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Site Content Issues: Hi guys. Have a bit of a weird issue. Just realised that Firefox will not display a sites full content but it will do on Edge. I'm trying to place a bet and it won't let me view the full coupon but it will do on Edge. Just seems very strabge [img] Firefox is updated to...
  7. Sponsored content in Firefox Nightly and Beta and soon with Firefox 60

in Windows 10 News
    Sponsored content in Firefox Nightly and Beta and soon with Firefox 60: Content on the web is powerful. It enables us to learn new things, discover different perspectives, stay in touch with what’s happening in the world, or just make us laugh. Making sure that stories like these—stories that are worth your time and attention—are discoverable and...
  8. Change Firefox Home Content Preferences

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Firefox Home Content Preferences: How to: Change Firefox Home Content Preferences How to Change Firefox Home Content Preferences in Windows Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), there is a new user interface (UI) called Photon. The Firefox Home screen is what you see by default when you open...
  9. Sponsored content in Firefox Nightly and Beta and soon with Firefox 60

in Windows 10 News
    Sponsored content in Firefox Nightly and Beta and soon with Firefox 60: Content on the web is powerful. It enables us to learn new things, discover different perspectives, stay in touch with what’s happening in the world, or just make us laugh. Making sure that stories like these—stories that are worth your time and attention—are discoverable and...
  10. Refresh Firefox in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Refresh Firefox in Windows: How to: Refresh Firefox in Windows How to Refresh Firefox in Windows If you're having problems with Firefox, refreshing it can help. The refresh feature fixes many issues by restoring Firefox to its default state while saving your essential information like bookmarks,...