Windows 10: Why doesn't softexia.com refresh with new content on Firefox Nightly?

Discus and support Why doesn't softexia.com refresh with new content on Firefox Nightly? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I go to Softexia.com | Daily Software News with Discounts and Coupons the page shows software products. What I am seeing appears to be coming from... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by streetwolf, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Why doesn't softexia.com refresh with new content on Firefox Nightly?

When I go to Softexia.com | Daily Software News with Discounts and Coupons the page shows software products. What I am seeing appears to be coming from the cache even though there could be new content on it's server. This can easily be ascertained by either using another browser (I know Edge works fine) or more easily click on the refresh button. It appears the refresh button now does a Ctrl-F5 so it will retrieve new content from the server

My questions are:

1. Can anyone else confirm this behavior? If it works for you especially on Nightly for Windows what can the cause be?

2. How can I force a refresh automatically when I go to the site? I don't want to set the global pref to always retrieve new content from all servers as this really slows loading all pages. Also the Fx add-ons that will get new content are based on timers. I just want a server refresh when I go to the site not thereafter for x number of seconds. There are some javascript one liners that will also do a refresh but if you don't specify a timer value the page will refresh continuously. Is there some code I can use in an add-on or some other way to add code to force a refresh only when I first open the page?

I welcome any comments, suggestions, or workarounds. Thanks

:)

streetwolf, Apr 14, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

Firefox Nightly...

When using the 'Find' (Ctrl+F) feature in Firefox Nightly v.50.0, Nightly dims the whole page and highlights the searched words.

Why doesn't softexia.com refresh with new content on Firefox Nightly? [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Sponsored content in Firefox Nightly and Beta and soon with Firefox 60

Source: A Privacy-Conscious Approach to Sponsored Content - Future Releases

Latest Firefox Released for Windows - Windows 10 Forums

Brink, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Why doesn't softexia.com refresh with new content on Firefox Nightly?

Firefox Nightly...

Firefox Nightly 60.0a1 (2018-02-20)

Drag 'n' Drop in the New Tab page allows you rearrange your top sites the way you want...

Why doesn't softexia.com refresh with new content on Firefox Nightly? [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Why doesn't softexia.com refresh with new content on Firefox Nightly?

1. Why doesn't softexia.com refresh with new content on Firefox Nightly? - Similar Threads - Why doesn't softexia

2. File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically: Windows 10 Pro. Every few days File Explorer stops refreshing automatically; copying, renaming, deleting, moving and other operations with files and folders aren't reflected until I manually refresh it (hit F5). This can be alleviated by changing some View settings and then...
  3. File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically: Windows 10 Pro. Every few days File Explorer stops refreshing automatically; copying, renaming, deleting, moving and other operations with files and folders aren't reflected until I manually refresh it (hit F5). This can be alleviated by changing some View settings and then...
  4. Firefox Site Content Issues

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Site Content Issues: Hi guys. Have a bit of a weird issue. Just realised that Firefox will not display a sites full content but it will do on Edge. I'm trying to place a bet and it won't let me view the full coupon but it will do on Edge. Just seems very strabge [img] Firefox is updated to...
  5. Night Light doesn't turn off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Night Light doesn't turn off: The Night light setting on my Acer Aspire 1 laptop won't turn off unless I restart the laptop. I turn it off (although it has no effect) in the settings but it automatically turns back on when I close settings. I get constant questions why my screen is like this at school and...
  6. Sponsored content in Firefox Nightly and Beta and soon with Firefox 60

in Windows 10 News
    Sponsored content in Firefox Nightly and Beta and soon with Firefox 60: Content on the web is powerful. It enables us to learn new things, discover different perspectives, stay in touch with what’s happening in the world, or just make us laugh. Making sure that stories like these—stories that are worth your time and attention—are discoverable and...
  7. Win10 Explorer doesn't refresh after creating a new folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 Explorer doesn't refresh after creating a new folder: It seems this is a fairly common problem. At least for my ~5 different Windows 10 computers, it happens all the time. It's probably easiest to reproduce this problem by navigating any network share folder on Explorer and then creating a new folder. But it happens also on...
  8. Desktop doesn't auto-refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop doesn't auto-refresh: Hello. Since I installed Windows 10 when it was released, every now and then my desktop doesn't refresh to include new items I've added. If I want them to show up, I need to press F5. Now, I've found something about changing a registry key (DontRefresh), but I can't find it,...
  9. Menu's In Firefox, Dropbox, and Windows Explorer Not Refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Menu's In Firefox, Dropbox, and Windows Explorer Not Refreshing: I'm running Windows 10 on a 12" Retina MacBook and so far it's been great, no issues, couldn't be happier. But starting this week I've been having problems with right click menu's and dropdown menu's in programs like Firefox (bookmark dropdowns), Dropbox (right clicking),...
  10. Sponsored content in Firefox Nightly and Beta and soon with Firefox 60

in Windows 10 News
    Sponsored content in Firefox Nightly and Beta and soon with Firefox 60: Content on the web is powerful. It enables us to learn new things, discover different perspectives, stay in touch with what’s happening in the world, or just make us laugh. Making sure that stories like these—stories that are worth your time and attention—are discoverable and...